Famous Last Words ........ ( atheists on their death bed )

I can see how a brainwashed christian would actually believe that bullshit but the fact is if we dare call us atheists that should tell you we REALLY don't believe your bullshit story.

In the movies we see criminals, mafia, murderers who say "yea, I know I'm going to hell..." You have to realize those are people who have done very bad things and also believe in god. They truly believe god is going to punish them for eternity for their sins.

Us atheists know that when he dies, like you and me, that's it. Nothing more. Just like when an ant or fish dies. What you think you are special or a deity/god over the other animals? Hell, you wouldn't last a day in the African jungle. Some god you are.

Also consider this. If it weren't for someone else inventing gun powder you would still be lion bate. The only reason humans have evolved so far is because of 5% of us. The people who invented fire, the wheel, gas engine, electricity, etc. If it weren't for those rare few people you wouldn't even be at the top of the food chain.

So what kind of god are you? A puny one. LOL.
There are no real athesist just sin loving God rejectors. Knowledge of God is programed into human DNA by GOD and no one has an excuse to not know God is very real.
Such a sad existence you live.....

Brainwashed into accepting what you are told Unwilling to challenge, analyze, you know.....use your brain

That is what being human is all about

This thread is about eternity. These are the famous last words of atheists as they were dying and about to enter hell. Quite horrific but hopefully it will make some people realize that even these men knew the the truth and confessed it in their final moments on earth. As someone once said, "Hell is truth seen too late.

Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying - Religion - Nairaland

Caesar Borgia: "While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die."

Thomas Hobbs political philosopher "I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark."

Thomas Payne the leading atheistic writer in American colonies: "Stay with me, for God's sake; I cannot bear to be left alone , O Lord, help me! O God, what have I done to suffer so much? What will become of me hereafter? "I would give worlds if I had them, that The Age of Reason had never been published. 0 Lord, help me! Christ, help me! …No, don't leave; stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one."

Sir Thomas Scott, Chancellor of England "Until this moment I thought there was neither a God nor a hell. Now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty."

Voltaire famous anti-christian atheist: "I am abandoned by God and man; I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six months' life." (He said this to Dr. Fochin, who told him it could not be done.) "Then I shall die and go to hell!" (His nurse said: "For all the money in Europe I wouldn’t want to see another unbeliever die! All night long he cried for forgiveness."

Robert Ingersoll: "O God, if there be a God, save my soul, if I have a soul!" (Some say it was this way: "Oh God, if there be a God, save my soul if I have a soul, from hell, if there be a hell!"

David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed "I am in flames!" It is said his "desperation was a horrible scene".

Violation of USMB Rules:

• No Linking to, discussing, or promoting other Message Boards Anywhere on the Site.

@cereal_killer @AVG-JOE @AngelsNDemons @theDoctorisIn

Moderation Message:

This is a hard one. That rule is largely to keep social drama and personal feuds from spreading to USMB and to prevent PROMOTION of other sites. But just a rip of content doesn't neccessarily qualify as promotion.

Bigger issue is the lack of attribution BACK to original sources for some of the quotes in the OP. HOWEVER, the OPoster later supplies sources for additional quotations. So closing this thread wouldn't be totally fair.

Consume the original quotes with ample skepticism or confirm them with other sources until verified.

FlaCalTenn

Last words of JFK.....

"No, you certainly can't"

In response to Nelly Connally asking him "You certainly can’t say that the people of Dallas haven’t given you a nice welcome, Mr. President

Seconds later, he was shot

What was John F. Kennedy s last words kgb answers

Did you know that John F. Kennedy had before his death - received Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior - and that there are some who believe that was the reason for his having been assassinated? If it is true - then JFK was martyred. If he was murdered because of he being recently born again and ready to set this nation on a course against communism - it is not surprising they wanted to have him assassinated. Truth is stranger than fiction, Rightwinger!
????....he grew up in the Catholic Church.....I expect he had received Jesus long before his death......

If there is a god that is waiting to meet us when we die, which is most likely wishful thinking, I believe he would reward me for not believing any of the organized religions.

What I am sure of is that all the organized religions are nonsense. The only serious debate I can have is with theists who argue for a generic god. All others like jews, christians, mormons and muslims who take the bible literally I can only laugh at. If they believe the bible stories or the stories in the koran are real, like 800 year old men and a man living in a whale for days or a virgin birth, then they are too far gone.

So what oops? What mistake did we make? Should we have believed in

a. The Christian God?
b. What the Jews believe?
c. Muslims?
d. Are Mormons right?
e. All of the above? As long as you believe in any god you are safe?

I don't know which to choose. I'm scared. LOL.

If there is a god, I'm sure he doesn't care if you believe. If he cares about anything it would be being a good person. But most likely if something created us we are like a Tardigrade to a Human. Do you care about a Tardigrade that is living in your water? What about a maggot that spawned from a shit you took in the woods? Do you care about the maggot? Do you have a heaven waiting for it? I bet a fish in a fishbowl thinks you are a god too. If it can think that much. Probably any size pea brain can imagine a supreme being is a god on some level. So primitive and silly. Sorry.

If the test to get into heaven is you have to believe in nonsense then I guess I won't get in. Can't believe what I deem unbelievable. But I'll be a good person and take my chances with Saint Peter.

Really? St. Peter? Is he really waiting for you idiots? LOL

My Dad died at 92yrs, we followed the ambulance to A&E, a nurse asked me for his details.When she got to religion my Dad pullled the oxygen mask to the side and said "no thank you", He died with a smile on his lips about 30 mins later, he had a no resuscitation agreement with the hospital. He died like he lived a fearless atheist.

My Dad died at 92yrs, we followed the ambulance to A&E, a nurse asked me for his details.When she got to religion my Dad pullled the oxygen mask to the side and said "no thank you", He died with a smile on his lips about 30 mins later, he had a no resuscitation agreement with the hospital. He died like he lived a fearless atheist.

Why should he worry about what some Christian in Arkansas or Florida thinks? Or what the Pope in Europe thinks? Or the pastor in his home town? Or what the Mormons, Jews or Muslims think?

Smart man he was.

Good for him. I have asked preachers to leave my hospital room and one time, actually had to call a nurse to take him out.

A woman close to me died of breast cancer. She was Stage 4 for 9 years and in all that time, never even considered changing her beliefs.

I can't imagine suddenly changing my entire life's beliefs.

Good for him. I have asked preachers to leave my hospital room and one time, actually had to call a nurse to take him out.

A woman close to me died of breast cancer. She was Stage 4 for 9 years and in all that time, never even considered changing her beliefs.

No need. If you are famous enough for people you don't know to care, someone will be sure to make up some last words for you.

I use to wonder if I'd go back on my position about god but my mom has Alzheimers and if that hasn't conned me back into believing in god and heaven, nothing will. I'd like to believe my grandmother is waiting for her and that I'll see both of them again someday but everything points to that being nothing more than wishful thinking.

I have this flyer. It was put on my car. This Dr. Julie Hayek is going to tell people what happens when they die and all that other good stuff. Do you buy that? If people say they are christians but dont' believe all that stuff Dr. Julie is going to preach, then some part of you has to understand why we don't even want your god imposed on us. The fact is God is not a fact. So we need to keep this susperstition to ourselves. Theists need to go underground like us Atheists are. Then we'll be happy.

And if they don't want us telling their kids there is no god, stop putting flyers on my car about your cult. LOL.

Last words of JFK.....

In response to Nelly Connally asking him "You certainly can’t say that the people of Dallas haven’t given you a nice welcome, Mr. President

Did you know that John F. Kennedy had before his death - received Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior - and that there are some who believe that was the reason for his having been assassinated? If it is true - then JFK was martyred. If he was murdered because of he being recently born again and ready to set this nation on a course against communism - it is not surprising they wanted to have him assassinated. Truth is stranger than fiction, Rightwinger!
????....he grew up in the Catholic Church.....I expect he had received Jesus long before his death......
Didn't you get the word? According to "Born Again Christians" Catholics are NOT Christians. Except when the born agains want to claim that the US is 87% Christian, and for that moment only those Mary worshipping Catholics are Christian.

Catholicism is of the Devil

Last words of JFK.....

Didn't you get the word? According to "Born Again Christians" Catholics are NOT Christians. Except when the born agains want to claim that the US is 87% Christian, and for that moment only those Mary worshipping Catholics are Christian.

Catholicism is of the Devil

And my catholic buddy says the Catholic Church is the one true church and eventually every Christian will unite and come back to the Catholic Church.

I didn't know that "Catholicism" is at times employed to mark a contrast to Protestantism, which tends to look solely to the Bible as interpreted on the principles of the 16th-century Protestant Reformation as its ultimate standard. I have to look into this Protestant Reformation thing.

And the whole Mormon faith was started because Joseph Smith asked god which church to join and he said none of them because they were all bullshit. Is that the truth? I believe part of the story.

And as a Greek Orthodox, am I going to hell because I was baptized as a baby and not a man?

No need. If you are famous enough for people you don't know to care, someone will be sure to make up some last words for you.

I love it how anyone has the balls to be offended at all the stuff people have been saying about Joan Rivers. What would Joan tell them if the situation was reverse? "OH GET OVER IT ALREADY". GROW UP she would say. LOL.

I am not worried

I plan on using my USMB Trophy Points to buy my way into heaven

I noticed that all these atheists and agnostics lived in nations predominated by christianity--I also wonder how many of them are from families of Judaic , Islamic or apart of some other faith.

I wonder if their "death bed confessions" is due to brainwashing by the dominate religion/cult and massive reiterations of their faiths?

I wonder do atheists and agnostics convert to Christianity if they lived In an Islamic dominated nation or India?

I don't see you posting any atheists/agnostic saying of citizens of those nations.

Note
1.Socrates don't count since he lived BEFORE christ and possessed a different view of what god is(not atheistic-- maybe slightly agnostic?).

2.Caligula also does not count since, well, Caligula was an insane sadist that relished in others terror. Saying "I am still alive" was probably his last attempt at fear mongering!!

Something else I noticed:
There are also a lot of agnostics on that list. A famous one is Robert Ingersoll. In fact, let restate the quote you gave:

Robert Ingersoll: "O God, if there be a God, save my soul, if I have a soul!" (Some say it was this way: "Oh God, if there be a God, save my soul if I have a soul, from hell, if there be a hell!"

Hey, I hate to break this to you buddy, but that is the last sarcastic quote of Ingersoll attacking Christianity!! Boy, I feel sorry for the christian fundies if they think a restatement of "disbelief" in christianity equals death bed confession.

Think about it. If it was a death bed confession by a truly converted christian, it would be more like:

O God, please save my soul from the pits of hell

by adding "If there be a God", "If I have a soul", and "If there be a hell", Ingersoll just restated his agnosticism!!

See what happens when you just "repeat what you read" without thinking about it ? You get burned.

I noticed that all these atheists and agnostics lived in nations predominated by christianity--I also wonder how many of them are from families of Judaic , Islamic or apart of some other faith.

I wonder if their "death bed confessions" is due to brainwashing by the dominate religion/cult and massive reiterations of their faiths?

I wonder do atheists and agnostics convert to Christianity if they lived In an Islamic dominated nation or India?

I don't see you posting any atheists/agnostic saying of citizens of those nations.

Note
1.Socrates don't count since he lived BEFORE christ and possessed a different view of what god is(not atheistic-- maybe slightly agnostic?).

2.Caligula also does not count since, well, Caligula was an insane sadist that relished in others terror. Saying "I am still alive" was probably his last attempt at fear mongering!!

Something else I noticed:
There are also a lot of agnostics on that list. A famous one is Robert Ingersoll. In fact, let restate the quote you gave:

Hey, I hate to break this to you buddy, but that is the last sarcastic quote of Ingersoll attacking Christianity!! Boy, I feel sorry for the christian fundies if they think a restatement of "disbelief" in christianity equals death bed confession.

Think about it. If it was a death bed confession by a truly converted christian, it would be more like:

O God, please save my soul from the pits of hell

by adding "If there be a God", "If I have a soul", and "If there be a hell", Ingersoll just restated his agnosticism!!

See what happens when you just "repeat what you read" without thinking about it ? You get burned.

Even I an atheist says "If there is a god and a heaven, I will go to heaven because I was a good person. Christians and Muslims are insane so what do I care if they say I have to believe their bullshit or burn?"

Also, I don't think any person on their death bed is thinking rationally at the time so should we really go by what scared people believe when they are breathing their last breath? That's wishful thinking. I often wonder if my mind will rewire itself into believing when I find out the end is near. I don't think I will but you never know.

Forum List

Back