Fake News. The Media Story that Trump Had Rioters Tear Gassed to Get to the Church is False According to Park Police.

Change the channel from Fox. You'll see lots of video.
So you don't have a link to a video / photo. It's still just a 'claim'... Thanks.
'Not my job to educate someone, such as yourself, who is intentionally ignorant.'

Nope....it seems your 'job' is to spread unsubstantiated bullshit for the sheep to swallow and the parrots to echo.

Got it - you have no evidence, but you are all too willing to spread 'fake news' yourself.... Thanks.

Another quote from the reporter.

Early Tuesday, a US Park Police source told WTOP the agency was unaware of the President's upcoming walk, and that USPP had fired smoke canisters, rather than tear gas. DC Police Chief Peter Newsham said Tues his agency hadn't used tear gas to clear Lafayette Park. Asked several
The news said William Barr spoke with park police ahead of time about the President's visit.

I read that as well after I posted this. I do not know if it is true. I do know tear gas was not used and Trump never told the Park police to go after protesters. Neither did Barr. Fake news.
not much difference between tear gas and pepper spray.... most people call pepper spray disbursement tear gas... tear gas is a more common use term that covers both in most people's mind....

Is Pepper Spray the same as tear gas?

Pepper Spray. The two biggest differences between tear gas spray and pepper spray are their chemical makeup and delivery methods. Pepper spray (sometimes referred to as “OC spray“) is a combination of natural chemicals, whereas tear gas (also called “CS gas“) comes from man-made compounds.
according to the police themselves who were there, no tear gas was used; or pepper spray. just smoke canisters.

now, you are just hellbent on calling ANYONE who doesn't support your bullshit a liar.

gets so FUCKING old.
You need to get your head out of your bottom, the Chief of the Park police SAID the park police USED smoke canisters and PEPPER BALLS.... They used pepper gas, the natural form of tear gas, and not the chemical form of tear gas....

Please stop your lying!

..” then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law partners to close the area at Lafayette Park,” according to Park Pol Chief Monahan.

..” then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law partners to close the area at Lafayette Park,” according to Park Pol Chief Monahan.

Last edited:
Nope....it seems your 'job' is to spread unsubstantiated bullshit for the sheep to swallow and the parrots to echo.

Got it - you have no evidence, but you are all too willing to spread 'fake news' yourself.... Thanks.
We are witnessing the latest example of what Trumpletards do. When objective reality does not fit the bullshit that has been shoveled their way..........they reject reality.

This serves as a metaphor for the entirety of Trump's presidency. They simply refuse to accept the truth.

As a matter of record, the media story that Trump had rioters tear gassed so he could go to the church in D.C. is also false. The Park Police said they had no idea Trump was coming. They asked the rioters three times to leave as they were violating curfew, destroying property, and attacking law enforcement. They did not leave so the Park service took the action they did.

Completely fake news the media keeps repeating.

Key quote from the story: "But on Tuesday morning, Park Police sources told WTOP that this was not the case, arguing that the protesters were not all peaceful, that tear gas was not used, and that officers did not know of Trump’s visit to the house of worship. The outlet went on to report that the crowd was pushed back when officers were being hit with water bottles and that protesters had climbed onto the top of a structure at the north end of Lafayette Square that had been attacked and burned a day earlier.”

That's bullshit. Park Police are lying.
The whole thing was televised, live broadcast through every cable channel.
I saw it live.

Literally as soon as the smoke cleared Trump paraded through Lafayette Park to go pose with a bible in front of St John's Church.
Even the WH staff was saying it was a planned event that failed.

Here, fuckface, you can watch it too on something called video:

Protesters near White House dispersed with tear gas - YouTube
www.youtube.com › watch
Video for protesters gassed in dc youtube▶ 1:07

Law enforcement personnel dressed in riot gear used tear gas to disperse protestersnear the White House as ...
2 days ago - Uploaded by Associated Press

BREAKING: Tear gas fired into crowd of protesters ... - YouTube
www.youtube.com › watch
Video for protesters gassed in dc youtube▶ 1:31

Protesterswere forcefully removed from Lafayette Park, next to the White House, by law enforcement who fired ...
2 days ago - Uploaded by The Hill

Tear Gas Used to Clear Washington, DC Protesters ... - YouTube
www.youtube.com › watch
Video for protesters gassed in dc youtube▶ 1:07

Jun.01 -- Watch as police in the nation's capital use tear gas to clear protestersas another night of violence ...
2 days ago - Uploaded by Bloomberg Markets and Finance

Protests, tear gas and fires in Washington, DC - YouTube
www.youtube.com › watch
Video for protesters gassed in dc youtube▶ 1:21

In Washington, D.C. police fired tear gasstun grenades into the crowd of more than 1000 people, largely ...
2 days ago - Uploaded by Associated Press

As a matter of record, the media story that Trump had rioters tear gassed so he could go to the church in D.C. is also false. The Park Police said they had no idea Trump was coming. They asked the rioters three times to leave as they were violating curfew, destroying property, and attacking law enforcement. They did not leave so the Park service took the action they did.

Key quote from the story: "But on Tuesday morning, Park Police sources told WTOP that this was not the case, arguing that the protesters were not all peaceful, that tear gas was not used, and that officers did not know of Trump’s visit to the house of worship. The outlet went on to report that the crowd was pushed back when officers were being hit with water bottles and that protesters had climbed onto the top of a structure at the north end of Lafayette Square that had been attacked and burned a day earlier.”

Liar. The curfew didn't start until 7:00 PM. They fired off tear gas at 6:30.
Because they were being pelted with debris.

LIAR

You Trump supporters should get your stories strait. The OP said it was past curfew. Of course that was a lie. I was watching a live feed when the cops started clearing the park. There wasn't any sign of anything being thrown until Trump's attack on innocent protesters.

It was 25 minutes before the crowd was going to be ordered to leave.
That's why Trump did it then, to tear gas them while they were still there.

He had to do something to prove he wasn't a big coward hiding in the underground bunker.
And he is and will be hiding in the underground bunker again soon.

LIAR

You Trump supporters should get your stories strait. The OP said it was past curfew. Of course that was a lie. I was watching a live feed when the cops started clearing the park. There wasn't any sign of anything being thrown until Trump's attack on innocent protesters.

It was 25 minutes before the crowd was going to be ordered to leave.
That's why Trump did it then, to tear gas them while they were still there.
prove it.

No photos.
No video.
....in the time when 3 and 4yo children have I-Phones now.

Snowflakes are desperate to claim / prove tear gas and unnecessary violence was used so the President could WALK a couple of blocks to visit the church.

IMO they are missing 'the bigger picture'.

President Trump is a man of rather large ego.

When the WH was 'attacked' and some 40+ Secret Service members were injured the President was ushered down into the 'bunker', as ANY President should be when their a threat of danger. The media and Trump-haters made a big deal of this, ridiculously.

So the President decides he is going to walk to the church ... in the midst of all the on-going intermingled peaceful protests, violence, and 'civil war'. This was a serious, unnecessary act, one that not only put his life in jeopardy but the lives of others....like more Secret Service members.

I understand 'the President' wanted to make a 'show of force / control', that thugs and terrorists don't run this country, that they do not control the streets, that he stands with those being victimized, etc...blah, blah, blah....

Whether tear gas etc... was used or not is far less - to me - of a 'foul' than his decision to walk to the Church a few blocks or so away in the 1st place. Again, it was unnecessary, risky, and put people's lives in jeopardy - not just his, not just his security team's, not just his entourage's, but civilians as well.

(BTW, TDS-suffering, hate-driven snowflakes have falsely accused me of being a blind Trump follower - for the record, I just did something not nearly a damn one of the Obama-worshipping snowflakes on this board will do: I criticized / criticize the President when he deserved it / pointed out something he did wrong. Snowflakes on this board are determined to defend Dems as perfect demi-gods that they can do no wrong.)

sure. they had no idea the POTUS was coming. LOL. best administration ever.

Snowflakes are desperate to claim / prove tear gas and unnecessary violence was used so the President could WALK a couple of blocks to visit the church.
There is video evidence and first hand accounts. Not that this is the first time Trump cultists steadfastly refuse to accept reality. Kellyanne's "alternative facts" once again come in to play.

We are witnessing the latest example of what Trumpletards do. When objective reality does not fit the bullshit that has been shoveled their way..........they reject reality.

This serves as a metaphor for the entirety of Trump's presidency. They simply refuse to accept the truth.
Yeah, you posted this story before......conveniently enough there was no photos of the act claimed, and their own 'video' was conveniently 'unavailable'..... I find it damn-near impossible to believe in this day and age no one had a cell phone while all this was going on....

For YEARS Obama's Director of the CIA - who was illegally spying on EVCERYONE and had access and run of 17 Intel agencies at the time - declared President Trump was a 'compromised agent of Vladimir Putin'....and after 2 years when the lie was debunked and he was shown undeniable evidence that what he had been spreading was horse manure he simply said, "Oh....good. It's nice to know that was false."

So forgive me if I don't buy some Priest who wrote about the horrors that occurred without the being any substantiating evidence. You can blame the Democrats for that inability to immediately believe accusations against the President - that's what happens when they and fake news cry 'wolf' for 2 - 3 years non-stop.

You let me know when there is photo / video footage of the 'assault' on 'peaceful' protestors, though. Show me something, and I will be glad to join you in condemning he police who did so.

“Around 6:15 or 6:30, the police started really pushing protestors off of H Street . . . the street between the church and Lafayette Park, and ultimately, the White House,” Gerbasi wrote. Gerbasi then described gas filling the area, sending people running toward the church for eyewashes, water and paper towels.
“At this point, Julia, one of our seminarians for next year (who is a trauma nurse) and I looked at each other in disbelief. I was coughing, her eyes were watering, and we were trying to help people as the police — in full riot gear — drove people toward us.”
Gerbasi, who once served as assistant rector at St. John’s in Lafayette Square, was stunned by the police aggression and how quickly it escalated.

Yeah, you posted this story before......conveniently enough there was no photos of the act claimed,
There is video and there are photos. Sorry, I can't be bothered discussing this with someone who claims up is down.

1591187787264.png

If tear gas was used, then how did President Trump walk across the park since it can take a couple of hours to dissipate?

Furthermore, the crowd was removed at 6:33pm. There was a 7pm curfew in DC. All those people lived within 27 minutes of Lafayette Park? If so, clearly they were getting ready to leave anyway.

When the crowd was removed, why were weapons found hidden in the park?

Last edited:
No photos.
No video.
....in the time when 3 and 4yo children have I-Phones now.

IMO they are missing 'the bigger picture'.

President Trump is a man of rather large ego.

When the WH was 'attacked' and some 40+ Secret Service members were injured the President was ushered down into the 'bunker', as ANY President should be when their a threat of danger. The media and Trump-haters made a big deal of this, ridiculously.

So the President decides he is going to walk to the church ... in the midst of all the on-going intermingled peaceful protests, violence, and 'civil war'. This was a serious, unnecessary act, one that not only put his life in jeopardy but the lives of others....like more Secret Service members.

I understand 'the President' wanted to make a 'show of force / control', that thugs and terrorists don't run this country, that they do not control the streets, that he stands with those being victimized, etc...blah, blah, blah....

Whether tear gas etc... was used or not is far less - to me - of a 'foul' than his decision to walk to the Church a few blocks or so away in the 1st place. Again, it was unnecessary, risky, and put people's lives in jeopardy - not just his, not just his security team's, not just his entourage's, but civilians as well.

(BTW, TDS-suffering, hate-driven snowflakes have falsely accused me of being a blind Trump follower - for the record, I just did something not nearly a damn one of the Obama-worshipping snowflakes on this board will do: I criticized / criticize the President when he deserved it / pointed out something he did wrong. Snowflakes on this board are determined to defend Dems as perfect demi-gods that they can do no wrong.)
So if Trump is staying in the White house he's "hiding" and if he goes outside it's for a "photop: and he is endangering people.
Either way he's ridiculed.
How very 'CNN' of you.

Sad...

Fake news directly contradicted by Park police. No tear gas was used. None. Trump walked trough the Park shortly after the smole canisters were deployed. Did it look like he had been exposed to tear gas?

Geeez you people are morons.......

Reporters who accompanied the President across the street said you could still smell the gas, and their eyes and throats were irritated by it.

The bald fact is that your idiot President gassed his own people, and used munitions on his own people, for a photo op. Congratulations. You've achieved banana republic status.

View attachment 344915

Now we're talking....thank you very much. That wasn't so hard, was it?

I concede tear gas was used to clear the area.

I take it the protestors refused to vacate the premises in advance of the President's arrival. If they did so, that was a mistake.

How familiar are you with preparatory actions taken before a President visits anywhere?

I guarantee you that before the President stepped foot out of the WH on his way to the church:
- The entire route was checked out
- Every building was considered / checked for potential sniper locations
- Every parked car was scanned for bombs
- The area at / near the church was canned / isnpoected for weapons, bombs, etc....
...and if the protestors refused to leave so these checks could be done they were FORCED to go

That's not an excuse - that's the way it is for EVERY President.

I was attending the Univ of SC when Reagan came to speak from the 'Horseshoe' - a beautiful dorm area with grass, trees, etc..& the buildings formed in the shape of a horseshoe. The Secret Service cleared all the dorm buildings of students at about 5am & they were not allowed to return until the President was gone - at about 3pm. The dorms were checked out .... all students had to go, voluntarily or thrown out.

LIAR

A live feed does not see everything, it sees one perspective. Don't be such a moron.

It showed the police line preparing to attack at 6:00, and the attack starting at 6:30.

I agree the response was before 7:00pm. I also know no tear gas was used as the media reported. That is a lie. Also, the rioters were not peaceful as the media reported. That is also a lie. Also, Trump did not ask the Park police to take action against the rioters. That is also a lie.

Bulldog I can concede your one point. Why can't you concede any points?

You start a thread with a blatant lie, and then wonder why I don't accept your claims. You know that's nuts, right?

It was not a lie. Protesters were in the park after curfew. That is a fact.

Your OP said the cops attacked because it was past curfew. You weren't mistaken You intentionally lied. Admit it and move on.

I said precisely protesters were asked to leave because they were violating curfew. That is from the article. They were in fact violating curfew. Many rioters were still in the park after 7pm.

That's because the article was from Fox. We all know they would NEVER misrepresent anything, right? Pick a legitimate source next time.
The were ran out at 7:01 PM...which was the curfew. Liberal media are not even real journalist.
Liar. They started clearing them out about half an hour before curfew.
That's how you move a couple hundred idiots out of a public lace BY 7:00PM. You can't do it in five minutes. Liberal media propaganda strikes again.

Sad...

Fake news directly contradicted by Park police. No tear gas was used. None. Trump walked trough the Park shortly after the smole canisters were deployed. Did it look like he had been exposed to tear gas?

Geeez you people are morons.......

Reporters who accompanied the President across the street said you could still smell the gas, and their eyes and throats were irritated by it.

The bald fact is that your idiot President gassed his own people, and used munitions on his own people, for a photo op. Congratulations. You've achieved banana republic status.
It was smoke grenade,not a choking agent like tear gas. I have been in the gas chamber in the military on many occasions. If was tear gas the reporters would not been able to even stay in that vicinity because symptoms would be much worse. Were the police wearing gasmasks? No. They would have been if they were using a choking agent to drive the scum from that area.

Forum List

Back