Trump didn't even write his tweet urging January 6 protesters to remain 'peaceful'

DeBunked
False
Fake News

If you still believe this LIE, then post the link to the 'Official Request'
If you KNOW it's true, then that request must exist. So POST IT.
Showing the Chain of Command.
What's wrong......Your next response will certainly be......Look it up yourself.
Your weak ass way out is to TRY to cast BLAME on Pelosi.
See post #40. Stop typing lies. My links are proof. You are the LIAR

• The January 6 panel disclosed how Donald Trump was slow to take action during the Capitol riot.
  • Sources told ABC News that Trump was reluctant to calm his protesters through Twitter.
  • A top Trump aide had to write and present tweets to post on Trump's account, ABC News reported.

As Donald Trump watched rioters storm the Capitol on television on January 6, 2021, one of the president's top aides drafted Trump's first tweet that urged protesters to remain peaceful, ABC News reported.

Last year, a congressional panel investigating Trump's role in the January 6 events outlined how the former president was reluctant to call in additional law enforcement to stop rioters during the first few hours of the Capitol breach and instead spent much of his time watching television or making calls to his attorney and Republican allies.

New details of what went on inside the White House during that time show Trump needed the hand of Dan Scavino, who was his deputy chief of staff and is now senior advisor to Trump's reelection campaign, to try to calm protesters.

Scavino was one of dozens of witnesses interviewed by special counsel Jack Smith's team as part of the Justice Department's probe into the former president's actions on January 6. The ABC News report is based on sources' knowledge of Scavino's testimony.

As the Capitol breach unfolded, a small group of people around Trump, including Scavino, tried to persuade him to send a forceful message to the protesters, sources told ABC News.

Instead, after about 20 minutes of urging, Scavino and others left Trump alone in the White House dining room, which is when Trump posted a tweet disparaging Vice President Mike Pence for not having "the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country," the sources said.

They told ABC News that the tweet shocked several aides, including Scavino, the only other person with access to Trump's Twitter account.

Trump's aides and White House counsel Pat Cipollone once again tried to urge Trump to send a strong message to the protesters, the sources said.

Scavino then printed out several tweets to propose to Trump, sources told the outlet.

Around 2:38 p.m. local time, a tweet was posted on Trump's Twitter account: "Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!"

The post would be the first tweet urging Trump's supporters to remain calm, according to a timeline of the former president's tweets on the day of the riots.

Trump and his supporters have been peddling this lie since January 6. So, it wasn't even Trump who told the rioters to stand down. It was Dan Scavino, who was his deputy chief of staff and is now senior advisor to Trump's reelection campaign, to try to calm protesters. What do you think?
President Trump offered more security to the Capital before the demonstration and was turned down. Now we know why. It would have prevented the FBI and democrats from instigating the "insurrection".

Except that never happened.

Your link is not what posted.
Your link is for army troops not the NG
Your link is not what I'm claiming.

I agree Trump did not order 10,000 troops to be ready to deploy on J6.

Read my post #40

LIAR. I provide link after link after link proving Trump requested the NG on J3.
Capitol Police Chief Sund also made early requests for the NG but was denied by Pelosi's Sgt. at Arms Irving.

“To be clear on 6 Jan/NG. Pg 199 of my book, ‘On 3 Jan the President asked the Def Dept to deploy NG troops’ into DC for J6 contingencies. OK for J6 Cmte to publicly release my full sworn testimony. Release Army Guard and DC Mayor J6 testimonies as well. Would be illuminating.”

Former House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving said optics played a role in his decision to decline an early request from the U.S. Capitol Police for National Guard assistance in protecting the Capitol on Jan. 6,

Sund told the Post that House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving was concerned with the "optics" of declaring an emergency ahead of the protests and rejected a National Guard presence. He says Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger recommended that he informally request the Guard to be ready in case it was needed to maintain security.

Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser sent a letter to Acting United States Attorney General Jeffery Rosen, Secretary of the Army Ryan D. McCarthy, and Acting Secretary of Defense Chris Miller explaining that Capitol Police were ready for the First Amendment activities taking place in the the lead up to the January 6 storming of the Capitol.
The ONLY person that can carry out a Presidential request for NG troops is the Sec of Defense

And no one can deny that request other than him

Just stop

LIAR. I provide link after link after link proving Trump requested the NG on J3.
Capitol Police Chief Sund also made early requests for the NG but was denied by Pelosi's Sgt. at Arms Irving.

“To be clear on 6 Jan/NG. Pg 199 of my book, ‘On 3 Jan the President asked the Def Dept to deploy NG troops’ into DC for J6 contingencies. OK for J6 Cmte to publicly release my full sworn testimony. Release Army Guard and DC Mayor J6 testimonies as well. Would be illuminating.”

Former House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving said optics played a role in his decision to decline an early request from the U.S. Capitol Police for National Guard assistance in protecting the Capitol on Jan. 6,

Sund told the Post that House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving was concerned with the "optics" of declaring an emergency ahead of the protests and rejected a National Guard presence. He says Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger recommended that he informally request the Guard to be ready in case it was needed to maintain security.

Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser sent a letter to Acting United States Attorney General Jeffery Rosen, Secretary of the Army Ryan D. McCarthy, and Acting Secretary of Defense Chris Miller explaining that Capitol Police were ready for the First Amendment activities taking place in the the lead up to the January 6 storming of the Capitol.

Fake news! Never happened.

Your link is not what posted.
Your link is for army troops not the NG
Your link is not what I'm claiming.

I agree Trump did not order 10,000 troops to be ready to deploy on J6.

Read my post #40
This is what you typed.
"Trump requested 10,000 National Guard troops on J3 and Mayor Bowser said her DC cops were adequate".

I don't give a shit if you post a letter saying Bowser was drunkenly ordering Taco Bell. Either the letter is falsified, or it doesn't say what you think it says.
Trump SecDef says he didn't order the troops. Therefore, any claim that his request reached Bowser's desk is suspect.

Either way...THIS...DIDN'T...HAPPEN. :)

You type shit and I post links. You stop lying.
Here’s your link assholehttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_National_Guard#:~:text=The%20President%20of%20the%20United%20States%20is%20the%20commander%2Din,District%20of%20Columbia%20National%20Guard.

It is as I stated

This is what you typed.
"Trump requested 10,000 National Guard troops on J3 and Mayor Bowser said her DC cops were adequate".
I don't give a shit if you post a letter saying Bowser was drunkenly ordering Taco Bell. Either the letter is falsified, or it doesn't say what you think it says.
Trump SecDef says he didn't order the troops. Therefore, any claim that his request reached Bowser's desk is suspect.
Either way...THIS...DIDN'T...HAPPEN. :)
Trump and Sund BOTH requested the NG for J6. Both requests were denied, as proven with credible links.

Trump and Sund BOTH requested the NG for J6. Both requests were denied, as proven with credible links.
SUND has no authority to request anything.

Trump supposedly made an offhand remark to SecDef Miller who took it no further.

Trump never followed up and the matter died

More importantly DURING THE ATTACK on the Capitol Trump never requested those NG

Trump's defense secretary denies there were orders to ...​

1704765578381.png
CNN.com
https://www.cnn.com › chris-miller-house-select-committee

Jul 26, 2022 — ... President Donald Trump never gave him a formal order to have 10000 troops ready to be deployed to the Capitol on January 6, 2021, according ...

Jan. 6 committee yet again debunks Trump claim of 10000 ...​

1704765578395.png
Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › 2023/01/04 › jan-...

Jan 4, 2023 — Trump keeps claiming he requested 10000 troops to protect the Capitol on Jan. 6, but interviews show that's not true.

Trump did not sign an order to deploy 20000 troops on Jan. 6​

1704765578408.png
AP News
https://apnews.com › article › fact-check-trump-order-...

Oct 18, 2022 — CLAIM: Former President Donald Trump signed an order to deploy 20,000 National Guard troops before his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol ...

Trump did not have 10000 troops ready to deploy on Jan. 6 ...​

1704765578420.png
CBS News
https://www.cbsnews.com › Politics

Jul 26, 2022 — The House Jan. 6 committee tweeted a clip featuring former acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller's testimony.

My opinion? Trump, had he actually an apparatus in place and the balls to put 10,000 or 20,000 National Guardsmen or soldiers in place to do his personal bidding, would have tried to use them to seize electoral votes & state computers, called a national emergency … and tried to remain in power that way. Fortunately, he was frustrated in all his efforts by men — including Republicans — who refused to go along with a coup.

Forum List

Back