Fake News. The Media Story that Trump Had Rioters Tear Gassed to Get to the Church is False According to Park Police.

No photos.
No video.
....in the time when 3 and 4yo children have I-Phones now.

Snowflakes are desperate to claim / prove tear gas and unnecessary violence was used so the President could WALK a couple of blocks to visit the church.

IMO they are missing 'the bigger picture'.

President Trump is a man of rather large ego.

When the WH was 'attacked' and some 40+ Secret Service members were injured the President was ushered down into the 'bunker', as ANY President should be when their a threat of danger. The media and Trump-haters made a big deal of this, ridiculously.

So the President decides he is going to walk to the church ... in the midst of all the on-going intermingled peaceful protests, violence, and 'civil war'. This was a serious, unnecessary act, one that not only put his life in jeopardy but the lives of others....like more Secret Service members.

I understand 'the President' wanted to make a 'show of force / control', that thugs and terrorists don't run this country, that they do not control the streets, that he stands with those being victimized, etc...blah, blah, blah....

Whether tear gas etc... was used or not is far less - to me - of a 'foul' than his decision to walk to the Church a few blocks or so away in the 1st place. Again, it was unnecessary, risky, and put people's lives in jeopardy - not just his, not just his security team's, not just his entourage's, but civilians as well.

(BTW, TDS-suffering, hate-driven snowflakes have falsely accused me of being a blind Trump follower - for the record, I just did something not nearly a damn one of the Obama-worshipping snowflakes on this board will do: I criticized / criticize the President when he deserved it / pointed out something he did wrong. Snowflakes on this board are determined to defend Dems as perfect demi-gods that they can do no wrong.)
So if Trump is staying in the White house he's "hiding" and if he goes outside it's for a "photop: and he is endangering people.
Either way he's ridiculed.
How very 'CNN' of you.

As always with conservatives, there are only two choices - both of them wrong. You can't see any middle ground of options between cowering in the basement of the White House, and attacking the peaceful protestors with rubber bullets and tear gas so the President can go outside? The Archbishop of DC was on the patio of St. John's, giving water to the protestors, and she of forced off the patio and into the church, when Trump gassed the crowd.

This is in keeping with Trump's pattern of behaviour: every problem Trump has focused on fixing, has gotten much much worse. Every move he makes is the opposite of what's needed to make things better.

As a matter of record, the media story that Trump had rioters tear gassed so he could go to the church in D.C. is also false. The Park Police said they had no idea Trump was coming. They asked the rioters three times to leave as they were violating curfew, destroying property, and attacking law enforcement. They did not leave so the Park service took the action they did.

Completely fake news the media keeps repeating.

Key quote from the story: "But on Tuesday morning, Park Police sources told WTOP that this was not the case, arguing that the protesters were not all peaceful, that tear gas was not used, and that officers did not know of Trump’s visit to the house of worship. The outlet went on to report that the crowd was pushed back when officers were being hit with water bottles and that protesters had climbed onto the top of a structure at the north end of Lafayette Square that had been attacked and burned a day earlier.”

Liar. The curfew didn't start until 7:00 PM. They fired off tear gas at 6:30.
Because they were being pelted with debris.

LIAR

You Trump supporters should get your stories strait. The OP said it was past curfew. Of course that was a lie. I was watching a live feed when the cops started clearing the park. There wasn't any sign of anything being thrown until Trump's attack on innocent protesters.
A live feed does not see everything, it sees one perspective. Don't be such a moron.

It showed the police line preparing to attack at 6:00, and the attack starting at 6:30.

I agree the response was before 7:00pm. I also know no tear gas was used as the media reported. That is a lie. Also, the rioters were not peaceful as the media reported. That is also a lie. Also, Trump did not ask the Park police to take action against the rioters. That is also a lie.

Bulldog I can concede your one point. Why can't you concede any points?

You start a thread with a blatant lie, and then wonder why I don't accept your claims. You know that's nuts, right?

It was not a lie. Protesters were in the park after curfew. That is a fact.

Your OP said the cops attacked because it was past curfew. You weren't mistaken You intentionally lied. Admit it and move on.

I said precisely protesters were asked to leave because they were violating curfew. That is from the article. They were in fact violating curfew. Many rioters were still in the park after 7pm.

That's because the article was from Fox. We all know they would NEVER misrepresent anything, right? Pick a legitimate source next time.
The were ran out at 7:01 PM...which was the curfew. Liberal media are not even real journalist.
Liar. They started clearing them out about half an hour before curfew.
That's how you move a couple hundred idiots out of a public lace BY 7:00PM. You can't do it in five minutes. Liberal media propaganda strikes again.

What was the reason for "moving" these people, and why was appalling force and tear gas needed to do it? Was it worth violating their First Amendment rights to do it?

No photos.
No video.

Snowflakes are desperate to claim / prove tear gas and unnecessary violence was used so the President could WALK a couple of blocks to visit the church.

When the WH was 'attacked' and some 40+ Secret Service members were injured the President was ushered down into the 'bunker', as ANY President should be when their a threat of danger. The media and Trump-haters made a big deal of this, ridiculously.

So the President decides he is going to walk to the church ... in the midst of all the on-going intermingled peaceful protests, violence, and 'civil war'. This was a serious, unnecessary act, one that not only put his life in jeopardy but the lives of others....like more Secret Service members.

I understand 'the President' wanted to make a 'show of force / control', that thugs and terrorists don't run this country, that they do not control the streets, that he stands with those being victimized, etc...blah, blah, blah....

Whether tear gas etc... was used or not is far less - to me - of a 'foul' than his decision to walk to the Church a few blocks or so away in the 1st place. Again, it was unnecessary, risky, and put people's lives in jeopardy - not just his, not just his security team's, not just his entourage's, but civilians as well.

(BTW, TDS-suffering, hate-driven snowflakes have falsely accused me of being a blind Trump follower - for the record, I just did something not nearly a damn one of the Obama-worshipping snowflakes on this board will do: I criticized / criticize the President when he deserved it / pointed out something he did wrong. Snowflakes on this board are determined to defend Dems as perfect demi-gods that they can do no wrong.)
So if Trump is staying in the White house he's "hiding" and if he goes outside it's for a "photop: and he is endangering people.
How very 'CNN' of you.

As always with conservatives, there are only two choices - both of them wrong. You can't see any middle ground of options between cowering in the basement of the White House, and attacking the peaceful protestors with rubber bullets and tear gas so the President can go outside? The Archbishop of DC was on the patio of St. John's, giving water to the protestors, and she of forced off the patio and into the church, when Trump gassed the crowd.

This is in keeping with Trump's pattern of behaviour: every problem Trump has focused on fixing, has gotten much much worse. Every move he makes is the opposite of what's needed to make things better.
what is funny is you don't see you are exactly the very same way. i've NEVER ONCE seen you go for middle ground options. it's always extreme, always the right sucks, and you're always right.

so spare me the rest of your bullshit cause it is in fact, bullshit.

As a matter of record, the media story that Trump had rioters tear gassed so he could go to the church in D.C. is also false. The Park Police said they had no idea Trump was coming. They asked the rioters three times to leave as they were violating curfew, destroying property, and attacking law enforcement. They did not leave so the Park service took the action they did.

Key quote from the story: "But on Tuesday morning, Park Police sources told WTOP that this was not the case, arguing that the protesters were not all peaceful, that tear gas was not used, and that officers did not know of Trump’s visit to the house of worship. The outlet went on to report that the crowd was pushed back when officers were being hit with water bottles and that protesters had climbed onto the top of a structure at the north end of Lafayette Square that had been attacked and burned a day earlier.”

Just a few problems with this typical pile of shit from FOX:

1) The clearing started before the curfew. At least 15 minutes before. The protestors they cleared were not violating curfew, when the incident began.

2) What FOX doesn't tell you -- because they are not actually a news network, but rather a trump campaign arm -- is that the park police weren't the only law enforcement department on the scene. Several were there. And tear gas absolutely was used, as can be seen in the video from the events. Also used: rubber/pepper bullets.

3) Whether or not the park police or the several other law enforcement contingents on scene knew of the Trump photo op when they started clearing the area is irrelevant.

4) While the poor, gullible FOX audience is , as usual, woefully under- and misinformed, the entire rest of the world saw exactly what happened.

The news reports are spot on. Typical FOX gaslighting.
You democrats are psychotic, they were ordered to disperse by both Park service police and the secret service, curfew had nothing to do with their lawful order, the rioters refused, some immediately began throwing rocks and debris at the police, they were then swept from the park! Do you understand what the meaning of a lawful order from law enforcement is, and what refusing it obligates? "Peaceful protest underway" is no longer a defense against police actions taken, even if most were relatively peaceful, some of them began combative actions against police upon issuing of lawful order to disperse, all uniformly refused lawful order to disperse, making your imbecilic argument moot! Once protesters refused lawful order to disperse, once protesters began lobbing deadly objects at lawful authorities, they all became rioters and looters!

That is a lie. They were not throwing anything. This was not a legitimate police order. They were exercising their first amendment rights. Apparently the first amendment extends only to Trump and Republicans. They were not rioters and looters. You lying weasels are the ones who need to be tear gassed.

Well the police are looking at all the looters in other major cities...they not taking any chances. They had to be out by 7:00PM. Why are they protesting anyway? Only the Floyd family should be upset and making public display.

LIAR

You Trump supporters should get your stories strait. The OP said it was past curfew. Of course that was a lie. I was watching a live feed when the cops started clearing the park. There wasn't any sign of anything being thrown until Trump's attack on innocent protesters.
A live feed does not see everything, it sees one perspective. Don't be such a moron.

It showed the police line preparing to attack at 6:00, and the attack starting at 6:30.

I agree the response was before 7:00pm. I also know no tear gas was used as the media reported. That is a lie. Also, the rioters were not peaceful as the media reported. That is also a lie. Also, Trump did not ask the Park police to take action against the rioters. That is also a lie.

You start a thread with a blatant lie, and then wonder why I don't accept your claims. You know that's nuts, right?

Your OP said the cops attacked because it was past curfew. You weren't mistaken You intentionally lied. Admit it and move on.

I said precisely protesters were asked to leave because they were violating curfew. That is from the article. They were in fact violating curfew. Many rioters were still in the park after 7pm.

That's because the article was from Fox. We all know they would NEVER misrepresent anything, right? Pick a legitimate source next time.
The were ran out at 7:01 PM...which was the curfew. Liberal media are not even real journalist.
That's how you move a couple hundred idiots out of a public lace BY 7:00PM. You can't do it in five minutes. Liberal media propaganda strikes again.

What was the reason for "moving" these people, and why was appalling force and tear gas needed to do it? Was it worth violating their First Amendment rights to do it?
No tear gas was used. You buy into liberal media narrative. It was smoke grenades. God you people are dumb.

Just a few problems with this typical pile of shit from FOX:

1) The clearing started before the curfew. At least 15 minutes before. The protestors they cleared were not violating curfew, when the incident began.

2) What FOX doesn't tell you -- because they are not actually a news network, but rather a trump campaign arm -- is that the park police weren't the only law enforcement department on the scene. Several were there. And tear gas absolutely was used, as can be seen in the video from the events. Also used: rubber/pepper bullets.

3) Whether or not the park police or the several other law enforcement contingents on scene knew of the Trump photo op when they started clearing the area is irrelevant.

4) While the poor, gullible FOX audience is , as usual, woefully under- and misinformed, the entire rest of the world saw exactly what happened.

The news reports are spot on. Typical FOX gaslighting.
You democrats are psychotic, they were ordered to disperse by both Park service police and the secret service, curfew had nothing to do with their lawful order, the rioters refused, some immediately began throwing rocks and debris at the police, they were then swept from the park! Do you understand what the meaning of a lawful order from law enforcement is, and what refusing it obligates? "Peaceful protest underway" is no longer a defense against police actions taken, even if most were relatively peaceful, some of them began combative actions against police upon issuing of lawful order to disperse, all uniformly refused lawful order to disperse, making your imbecilic argument moot! Once protesters refused lawful order to disperse, once protesters began lobbing deadly objects at lawful authorities, they all became rioters and looters!

That is a lie. They were not throwing anything. This was not a legitimate police order. They were exercising their first amendment rights. Apparently the first amendment extends only to Trump and Republicans. They were not rioters and looters. You lying weasels are the ones who need to be tear gassed.
So far I have not seen one totally peaceful protest on television. Looters wanted to get free shit and steal. Common criminals. Deadly force should be used.

No photos.
No video.

How very 'CNN' of you.

what is funny is you don't see you are exactly the very same way. i've NEVER ONCE seen you go for middle ground options. it's always extreme, always the right sucks, and you're always right.

These leftist need psycho therapy.

LIAR

but trump NEEDED to go to this church to hold up a bible, and he NEEDED to do it right then. for the CHILDREN!

LIAR

No tear gas was used. You buy into liberal media narrative. It was smoke grenades. God you people are dumb.
while they may be buying into the liberal media it was used, are you not buying into the conservative media saying it wasn't? (ie, fox)

i'll wait and see. i agree with Coyote in that if it was used evidence should be there. i think we have enough dime store reporters all claiming their version is true and everyone else is lying.

Another quote from the reporter.

Early Tuesday, a US Park Police source told WTOP the agency was unaware of the President's upcoming walk, and that USPP had fired smoke canisters, rather than tear gas. DC Police Chief Peter Newsham said Tues his agency hadn't used tear gas to clear Lafayette Park. Asked several
The news said William Barr spoke with park police ahead of time about the President's visit.

I read that as well after I posted this. I do not know if it is true. I do know tear gas was not used and Trump never told the Park police to go after protesters. Neither did Barr. Fake news.
not much difference between tear gas and pepper spray.... most people call pepper spray disbursement tear gas... tear gas is a more common use term that covers both in most people's mind....

Is Pepper Spray the same as tear gas?

Pepper Spray. The two biggest differences between tear gas spray and pepper spray are their chemical makeup and delivery methods. Pepper spray (sometimes referred to as “OC spray“) is a combination of natural chemicals, whereas tear gas (also called “CS gas“) comes from man-made compounds.

They did not use pepper spray either. They used smoke canisters. That is what they said. I provided the link with direct quotes from the Park police. This is not difficult. Just read what they said.

Also, Trump never directed the Park police to go after protesters. Neither did Barr. Fake news. And the media is still telling the same lies even though the police on the scene directly contradict the media.
Yes, they used pepper spray. People picked up the empty canisters...

LIAR

People had the right to be there until curfew. If they remained after curfew, then they're subject to arrest. But police had to move them out early to let the smoke clear for Impeached Trump to hold up a bible upside down.

No photos.
No video.

How very 'CNN' of you.

These leftist need psycho therapy.
We need psychotherapy because President Trump isn't getting the psychotherapy he needs! :D

We need psychotherapy ...

I concur. :p
:lol:

it's true, when you include the whole statement of mine!

it reminds me of something my mom told me about 15 years ago when the Doc prescribed anti depressants for her....

I asked her why she needed to take them.....

She said, ''I have to take them, because your father refused to take his prescription!''

I laughed my ass off!

We are past that now. There is overwhelming video evidence and personal accounts of people being effected by tear gas.

The question that remains is will anyone be held accountable for the use of excessive force and the violation of the protester's constitutional rights? Not to mention Trump's callous use of a church and the bible as backdrop for a piece of propaganda.

We are past that now. There is overwhelming video evidence and personal accounts of people being effected by tear gas.

The question that remains is will anyone be held accountable for the use of excessive force and the violation of the protester's constitutional rights? Not to mention Trump's callous use of a church and the bible as backdrop for a piece of propaganda.
it was pepper gas, the natural form of tearing gas, but not the chemical form tear gas made in a lab.... there is little difference, between the two....man made vs natural.

Tear Gas vs. Pepper Spray. The two biggest differences between tear gas spray and pepper spray are their chemical makeup and delivery methods. Pepper spray (sometimes referred to as “OC spray“) is a combination of natural chemicals, whereas tear gas (also called “CS gas“) comes from man-made compounds.
Tear Gas vs. Pepper Spray – Aftermath Services

We need psychotherapy ...

I concur. :p
:lol:

it's true, when you include the whole statement of mine!

it reminds me of something my mom told me about 15 years ago when the Doc prescribed anti depressants for her....

I asked her why she needed to take them.....

She said, ''I have to take them, because your father refused to take his prescription!''

I laughed my ass off!
I would say something in response but do not wish to be baited into talking about someone's mother on USMB, something against their rules.

it was pepper gas, the natural form of tearing gas
Which makes about as much difference as whether George Floyd was killed by Chauvin's left knee or his right.
i know, eh?

but the right wing foolishness, believes if they keep repeating ''it was not tear gas'', because it technically was not the man made, original tear gas chemical compound, they can get away with their deceit....

at first they were claiming there was not even pepper balls shot.... but now they know there were.... but because they were not the chemical created tear gas cans shit, but the natural version of tear gas spray, it wasn't tear gas.....

mind boggling bull crud!

Except we have video of of those "not all peaceful protestors", being pushed back by Park Police, using rubber bullets and officers on horseback wearing riot gear. One MSNBC reporter was hit with a flashbomb. We also have witnesses both in the Rose Garden and amongst the protestors who smelled the tear gas. The Washington Mayor and the Chief of Police both said that tear gas was used.

FOX is lying on behalf of President Trump, and his staff. As always.
Well someone sure is. And everyone is believing their side and saying the other side is lies.
It sure does seem mighty coincidental that moving back the crowd took place just then, and from the looks of the entourage that went with him, and the phalanx of police that greeted him, this was not a total surprise to everyone.
They've got local and federal police, National Guard from several states, National Park Service personnel and possibly military working those streets. Did the Park Service not get the memo? Maybe not.

Either way, last night LE allowed the protesters to continue demonstrating for hours after curfew without saying boo. And I watched a live feed for awhile when the protesters threw water bottles at the cops and they didn't do squat about that either. Maybe LE learned that what they did the day before was NOT a popular move.

I saw an Australian reporter who was in that crowd being moved back and it seemed they didn't know why. Of course, by then they were three or four blocks from the WH and couldn't see what the Pres was doing. I didn't see the beginning. Do you have live feed of it?

Forum List

Back