House Holds Hearings to get the Rest of the Jan 6th Story - Why the National Guard was Not Deployed.

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
The short answer is that Congress was worried about the optics. Honestly, I don't blame them so much for that, if they would be honest about it.

Plenty of great stuff came out in the hearing. Normally, I would has skipped over the Democrats. Almost did after the first Democrat to give an opening statement said exactly what I expected: Trump! Trump, Trump, Trump! Trumpity, Trumpity, Trump, Trump!

But the second Democrat said something I don't remember from the Jan 6th show trial: Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller stated that Trump had indeed requested ten thousand National Guard troops to protect the capital. But Miller ignored that request, dismissing it as "Trump banter." 17:00

Anyone who has ever been a military officer knows that a commander's requests are considered orders. There is no wiggle room. Specificallly, my officers basic manual ruled out taking phrases like "I want," or "I desire," as requests. It is unthinkable that a defense secretary who had ever worn a uniform thought it was OK to think that a presidential order could be irrelevant "banter."

The short answer is that Congress was worried about the optics. Honestly, I don't blame them so much for that, if they would be honest about it.

Plenty of great stuff came out in the hearing. Normally, I would has skipped over the Democrats. Almost did after the first Democrat to give an opening statement said exactly what I expected: Trump! Trump, Trump, Trump! Trumpity, Trumpity, Trump, Trump!

But the second Democrat said something I don't remember from the Jan 6th show trial: Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller stated that Trump had indeed requested ten thousand National Guard troops to protect the capital. But Miller ignored that request, dismissing it as "Trump banter." 17:00

Anyone who has ever been a military officer knows that a commander's requests are considered orders. There is no wiggle room. Specificallly, my officers basic manual ruled out taking phrases like "I want," or "I desire," as requests. It is unthinkable that a defense secretary who had ever worn a uniform thought it was OK to think that a presidential order could be irrelevant "banter."

So Trump’s own SECDEF didn’t take him seriously?

Cool.

Imagine that you are a fairly observant human. You saw how the November 2020 election played out. You saw all the bullshit rules changes, you saw how the Media almost totally ignored a major incriminating story about Mr. Biden (and that continues to this day), you saw how the courts were uniformly REFUSING to consider the challenges to the results, dismissing the cases on procedural grounds.

You would conclude that President Trump's supporters would be extremely pissed off about the results of the election, regardless of whether any of the anomalies had any merit.

Additional security would be entirely appropriate. And the President - he was still President, eh - suggested that National Guard troops be brought in, just in case...but the people who could have made it happen ignored him.'

Then they blamed him for the very predictable over-reaction and its aftermath.

Leftists are evil. Especially the ones in Congress.

None of the Dylan Mulvaney republicans have the stones to convene a real serious and comprehensive investigation of the fedsurrection.

Nope.

I mean, why would Trump hire a deep stater to be his SECDEF, unless of course Trump is also a deep stater
He hired a bunch of them. Hm. Maybe they did not tell him they were Deepstaters.

He made the mistake of thinking that he had to hire experienced people. But all the experienced people were of course long time members of the entrenched bureaucracy.

I had never realized how much animosity there would be for an "outsider" who comes in to become the head of the government that these people believed belonged to them collectively. In their minds, it was not for the people to choose the leader, except from a narrow list of approved candidates.

They still feel the same, which is why they are literally trying to imprison him this time.

He hired a bunch of them. Hm. Maybe they did not tell him they were Deepstaters.

He made the mistake of thinking that he had to hire experienced people. But all the experienced people were of course long time members of the entrenched bureaucracy.

I had never realized how much animosity there would be for an "outsider" who comes in to become the head of the government that these people believed belonged to them collectively. In their minds, it was not for the people to choose the leader, except from a narrow list of approved candidates.

They still feel the same, which is why they are literally trying to imprison him this time.

He started off with a butt load of outsiders and fired them all within like a year and replaced them all with what you all would call deep staters.

The free passes you give this man is just mind boggling.

He started off with a butt load of outsiders and fired them all within like a year and replaced them all with what you all would call deep staters.

The free passes you give this man is just mind boggling.
I said it was a mistake. More than I’ve ever seen you say about Biden.

But I get why you want to change the subject. You’ve been defending the conspiracy theory of Trump’s “insurrection” for so long that you may actually have started to believe it.

Now you have to block out the fact that if there was an insurrection that day it was the leaders of the military refusing the orders of the duly elected CiC.

I said it was a mistake. More than I’ve ever seen you say about Biden.

But I get why you want to change the subject. You’ve been defending the conspiracy theory of Trump’s “insurrection” for so long that you may actually have started to believe it.

Now you have to block out the fact that if there was an insurrection that day it was the leaders of the military refusing the orders of the duly elected CiC.

One is mistake, maybe even two. after that be becomes a pattern.

There were no orders from the CIC.

Forum List

Back