Fake News. The Media Story that Trump Had Rioters Tear Gassed to Get to the Church is False According to Park Police.

As a matter of record, the media story that Trump had rioters tear gassed so he could go to the church in D.C. is also false. The Park Police said they had no idea Trump was coming. They asked the rioters three times to leave as they were violating curfew, destroying property, and attacking law enforcement. They did not leave so the Park service took the action they did.

Completely fake news the media keeps repeating.

Key quote from the story: "But on Tuesday morning, Park Police sources told WTOP that this was not the case, arguing that the protesters were not all peaceful, that tear gas was not used, and that officers did not know of Trump’s visit to the house of worship. The outlet went on to report that the crowd was pushed back when officers were being hit with water bottles and that protesters had climbed onto the top of a structure at the north end of Lafayette Square that had been attacked and burned a day earlier.”

"arguing that the protesters were not all peaceful, that tear gas was not used, and that officers did not know of Trump’s visit to the house of worship."

Video proves the first two are false. The protest was peaceful until police started hitting protesters ... and tear gas was used...

.... since the first two were lies, the third is prolly also a lie.

Ok now the Park Police are under attack as corrupt? They aren't political.

Everything that Trump runs is partisan. Clearly the Park Service is partisan. You are aware of the fact they have a acting head.

As a matter of record, the media story that Trump had rioters tear gassed so he could go to the church in D.C. is also false. The Park Police said they had no idea Trump was coming. They asked the rioters three times to leave as they were violating curfew, destroying property, and attacking law enforcement. They did not leave so the Park service took the action they did.

Key quote from the story: "But on Tuesday morning, Park Police sources told WTOP that this was not the case, arguing that the protesters were not all peaceful, that tear gas was not used, and that officers did not know of Trump’s visit to the house of worship. The outlet went on to report that the crowd was pushed back when officers were being hit with water bottles and that protesters had climbed onto the top of a structure at the north end of Lafayette Square that had been attacked and burned a day earlier.”

Liar. The curfew didn't start until 7:00 PM. They fired off tear gas at 6:30.
Because they were being pelted with debris.

LIAR

You Trump supporters should get your stories strait. The OP said it was past curfew. Of course that was a lie. I was watching a live feed when the cops started clearing the park. There wasn't any sign of anything being thrown until Trump's attack on innocent protesters.
A live feed does not see everything, it sees one perspective. Don't be such a moron.

It showed the police line preparing to attack at 6:00, and the attack starting at 6:30.

I agree the response was before 7:00pm. I also know no tear gas was used as the media reported. That is a lie. Also, the rioters were not peaceful as the media reported. That is also a lie. Also, Trump did not ask the Park police to take action against the rioters. That is also a lie.

Bulldog I can concede your one point. Why can't you concede any points?

You start a thread with a blatant lie, and then wonder why I don't accept your claims. You know that's nuts, right?

It was not a lie. Protesters were in the park after curfew. That is a fact.

Your OP said the cops attacked because it was past curfew. You weren't mistaken You intentionally lied. Admit it and move on.

I said precisely protesters were asked to leave because they were violating curfew. That is from the article. They were in fact violating curfew. Many rioters were still in the park after 7pm.

That's because the article was from Fox. We all know they would NEVER misrepresent anything, right? Pick a legitimate source next time.
The were ran out at 7:01 PM...which was the curfew. Liberal media are not even real journalist.

These were non-violent protestors. The Park Service does not enforce curfews. The DC police do. The Arlington Police were withdrawn because the council knew what was done was wrong. Donald Trump and anyone connected with him, including you, are liars. They are more journalists than the so-called right wing propaganda like Fox News.
And they cleared out the crowd around 6:30, almost half an hour before curfew.

Sad...

Why should we believe the Park police? They belong to Trump. Clearly they are lying to protect him. The videos say it all. The Arlington Police are clearly contradicting the Park Police by withdrawng their assistance.

No they don't. They are a professional group of people doing a job.

So we don't actually know what the facts are yet...

We know exactly what the facts are. The Arlington Police were withdrawn because their actions put the officers and peaceful protestors in danger.

Everything that Trump runs is partisan. Clearly the Park Service is partisan. You are aware of the fact they have a acting head.

No, I wasn't aware it was acting but then most of them are. I don't think in this case that they are being partisan or corrupt - they still have to follow the law. If tear gas WAS used, there will be evidence. There is a lot of contradictory claims made - I can't tell what is truth yet.

No, I wasn't aware it was acting but then most of them are. I don't think in this case that they are being partisan or corrupt - they still have to follow the law. If tear gas WAS used, there will be evidence. There is a lot of contradictory claims made - I can't tell what is truth yet.

I do. The available evidence does not support the Park Police. The videos do not. The withdrawl of the Arlington Police from their cooperation agreement does not. The stories agree except for the Park Police. Nothing backs them up. But who is going to investigate it? The DOJ has been corrupted by Barr.

"Reporters on the scene of the Monday night protest from The Hill and other news organizations reported seeing projectiles thrown by police, and experienced and interviewed people who experienced eye irritation.

A number of reporters also pushed back at Monahan's description of the protests."

The Park Service should not be partisan but Trump has made it clear. Back me or get fired.

Liar. The curfew didn't start until 7:00 PM. They fired off tear gas at 6:30.
Because they were being pelted with debris.

LIAR

You Trump supporters should get your stories strait. The OP said it was past curfew. Of course that was a lie. I was watching a live feed when the cops started clearing the park. There wasn't any sign of anything being thrown until Trump's attack on innocent protesters.
A live feed does not see everything, it sees one perspective. Don't be such a moron.

It showed the police line preparing to attack at 6:00, and the attack starting at 6:30.

I agree the response was before 7:00pm. I also know no tear gas was used as the media reported. That is a lie. Also, the rioters were not peaceful as the media reported. That is also a lie. Also, Trump did not ask the Park police to take action against the rioters. That is also a lie.

Bulldog I can concede your one point. Why can't you concede any points?

You start a thread with a blatant lie, and then wonder why I don't accept your claims. You know that's nuts, right?

It was not a lie. Protesters were in the park after curfew. That is a fact.

Your OP said the cops attacked because it was past curfew. You weren't mistaken You intentionally lied. Admit it and move on.

I said precisely protesters were asked to leave because they were violating curfew. That is from the article. They were in fact violating curfew. Many rioters were still in the park after 7pm.

That's because the article was from Fox. We all know they would NEVER misrepresent anything, right? Pick a legitimate source next time.
The were ran out at 7:01 PM...which was the curfew. Liberal media are not even real journalist.
Liar. They started clearing them out about half an hour before curfew.

I do. The available evidence does not support the Park Police. The videos do not. The withdrawl of the Arlington Police from their cooperation agreement does not. The stories agree except for the Park Police. Nothing backs them up. But who is going to investigate it? The DOJ has been corrupted by Barr.

"Reporters on the scene of the Monday night protest from The Hill and other news organizations reported seeing projectiles thrown by police, and experienced and interviewed people who experienced eye irritation.

A number of reporters also pushed back at Monahan's description of the protests."

The Park Service should not be partisan but Trump has made it clear. Back me or get fired.

So either the park police are lying (they have no reason to lie) or some of the media is lying (they lie all the time). The reporter I quoted was at the scene. I provided a link to his twitter feed. He backs up the Park police.

Officially the Park police say three things.

1. No tear gad was used.

2. The rioters were not peaceful.

3. They did not act on Trump's instructions.

I believe the park police.

That is a lie. Trump has not threatened to fire Park police. Complete bullshit.

So that's the other side of the story...I kind of wondered, because one argument made was that the tear gas was the first option.

I would argue though, that the president should have planned this with more advance time with the park service so they could clear the area. That's what is normally done isn't it?
Not a whole lot normal these days.

Another quote from the reporter.

Early Tuesday, a US Park Police source told WTOP the agency was unaware of the President's upcoming walk, and that USPP had fired smoke canisters, rather than tear gas. DC Police Chief Peter Newsham said Tues his agency hadn't used tear gas to clear Lafayette Park. Asked several
The news said William Barr spoke with park police ahead of time about the President's visit.

Early Tuesday, a US Park Police source told WTOP the agency was unaware of the President's upcoming walk, and that USPP had fired smoke canisters, rather than tear gas. DC Police Chief Peter Newsham said Tues his agency hadn't used tear gas to clear Lafayette Park. Asked several
The news said William Barr spoke with park police ahead of time about the President's visit.

I read that as well after I posted this. I do not know if it is true. I do know tear gas was not used and Trump never told the Park police to go after protesters. Neither did Barr. Fake news.

I read that as well after I posted this. I do not know if it is true. I do know tear gas was not used and Trump never told the Park police to go after protesters. Neither did Barr. Fake news.
not much difference between tear gas and pepper spray.... most people call pepper spray disbursement tear gas... tear gas is a more common use term that covers both in most people's mind....

Is Pepper Spray the same as tear gas?

Pepper Spray. The two biggest differences between tear gas spray and pepper spray are their chemical makeup and delivery methods. Pepper spray (sometimes referred to as “OC spray“) is a combination of natural chemicals, whereas tear gas (also called “CS gas“) comes from man-made compounds.

not much difference between tear gas and pepper spray.... most people call pepper spray disbursement tear gas... tear gas is a more common use term that covers both in most people's mind....

Pepper Spray. The two biggest differences between tear gas spray and pepper spray are their chemical makeup and delivery methods. Pepper spray (sometimes referred to as “OC spray“) is a combination of natural chemicals, whereas tear gas (also called “CS gas“) comes from man-made compounds.

They did not use pepper spray either. They used smoke canisters. That is what they said. I provided the link with direct quotes from the Park police. This is not difficult. Just read what they said.

Also, Trump never directed the Park police to go after protesters. Neither did Barr. Fake news. And the media is still telling the same lies even though the police on the scene directly contradict the media.

"arguing that the protesters were not all peaceful, that tear gas was not used, and that officers did not know of Trump’s visit to the house of worship."

Video proves the first two are false. The protest was peaceful until police started hitting protesters ... and tear gas was used...

.... since the first two were lies, the third is prolly also a lie.

Directly contradicted by the Park police. It is a lie.

They did not use pepper spray either. They used smoke canisters. That is what they said. I provided the link with direct quotes from the Park police. This is not difficult. Just read what they said.

Also, Trump never directed the Park police to go after protesters. Neither did Barr. Fake news. And the media is still telling the same lies even though the police on the scene directly contradict the media.
i was just skimming this thread and I believe one of the articles you or someone else posted said they did use pepper spray, not tear gas.

let me see if I can find it....

Forum List

Back