Facts are facts folks...Biden is 80 years old. Fact: mild cognitive impairment is present in 25 percent of those age 80 to 84,

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
How common is mild cognitive impairment?

The American Academy of Neurology estimates that mild cognitive impairment is present in
  • about 8 percent of people age 65 to 69,
  • in 15 percent of 75 to 79 year-olds,
  • in 25 percent of those age 80 to 84, and
  • in about 37 percent of people 85 years of age and older.

So what is "mild cognitive impairment" that Biden has a 25% chance of having?
Mild cognitive impairment is a condition in which a person experiences a slight – but noticeable – decline in mental abilities (memory and thinking skills) compared with others of the same age. The minor decline in abilities is noticeable by the person experiencing them or by others who interact with the person, but the changes are not severe enough to interfere with normal daily life and activities.

How the mind of an 80-year-old president is biologically different from a 45-year-old president's​

It was 1988, and he'd approached President Ronald Reagan in the Cabinet room at the White House. The president had made it a habit to meet almost weekly with Lott and other lawmakers whenever Congress was in session.
"I never will forget the look in his eyes," Lott said. "He looked at me almost like: 'I don't understand what you're saying. Who are you?'"
Lott said such an exchange happened only once. Reagan, who would have been about 77 at the time, could have been having an episode of forgetfulness that's normal for people with advanced age, scientists say. Maybe he was just short on sleep.

And Reagan was 3 years younger than Biden!

Joe Biden can lift a bottle of water with one hand. He can walk down gentle ramps without looking like his shoelaces are tied together.

He knows how to pronounce Nepal and Thailand. He knows where they are. He knows Colorado does not border Mexico.

He knows the Continental Army did not take over the airports.

Biden has at times shown signs of mental impairment, but there seemed to be a miraculous recovery with his Sotu speech.

I think he's resigned himself to following instructions on what needs to be said, and then getting it said without major gaffes.

America isn't ready to accept their president as just a figurehead following instructions, but as long as they're unaware of the truth, Biden could get away with it.

What do the Republicans do about it? Acknowledge it or deny it? There's peril in both approaches!

I can at least see a slight drop in the danger of Biden starting a world war, due to the drop in propaganda against Russia, as America is coming to realize the outcome of the war is 'written' as a futile attempt.

Biden has at times shown signs of mental impairment, but there seemed to be a miraculous recovery with his Sotu speech.

I think he's resigned himself to following instructions on what needs to be said, and then getting it said without major gaffes.
I figure they drugged him up so much for it he had to detox and that's why the Super Bowl interview was cancelled. I don't think he popped-up again till yesterday at a union hall event in MD.

Facts are facts but nobody seems to want to talk about the fact that Biden was stricken with two brain embolisms that surely must have had an impact on his mental acuity. The fact that democrats elected Fetterman to the Senate would seem to indicate that they prefer brain damaged politicians.

Another reason why we need term limits and age restrictions.

How common is mild cognitive impairment?

The American Academy of Neurology estimates that mild cognitive impairment is present in
  • about 8 percent of people age 65 to 69,
  • in 15 percent of 75 to 79 year-olds,
  • in 25 percent of those age 80 to 84, and
  • in about 37 percent of people 85 years of age and older.

So what is "mild cognitive impairment" that Biden has a 25% chance of having?
Mild cognitive impairment is a condition in which a person experiences a slight – but noticeable – decline in mental abilities (memory and thinking skills) compared with others of the same age. The minor decline in abilities is noticeable by the person experiencing them or by others who interact with the person, but the changes are not severe enough to interfere with normal daily life and activities.

How the mind of an 80-year-old president is biologically different from a 45-year-old president's​

It was 1988, and he'd approached President Ronald Reagan in the Cabinet room at the White House. The president had made it a habit to meet almost weekly with Lott and other lawmakers whenever Congress was in session.
"I never will forget the look in his eyes," Lott said. "He looked at me almost like: 'I don't understand what you're saying. Who are you?'"
Lott said such an exchange happened only once. Reagan, who would have been about 77 at the time, could have been having an episode of forgetfulness that's normal for people with advanced age, scientists say. Maybe he was just short on sleep.

And Reagan was 3 years younger than Biden!
I don't/can't much mind a figurehead.

I figure we're going to get one anyway.

Biden does not have mild cognitive impairment.
He has advanced cognitive impairment.

My mother and Bonzi's mother are 82 and 84.
My mother began having mild decline about 3-4 years ago. Memory lapse, having some troubles maintaining a thought process by forgetting what she was saying etc.
Today, she still gets around just fine, but talking to her is now a little difficult. You have to speak slowly to allow her brain to keep up. She gets things mixed up ALL the time now. More often than not. - This is also where Biden is. You see it. You watch videos of just 3-4 years ago... BIG... difference than watching him today.

It is not mild.

He’s clearly NOT at his mental peak and you know that.

Our President deserves as thorough a physical with as transparent results as Trump received

You know, the one that claimed he was 239 lbs and was the most fit ever

I figure they drugged him up so much for it he had to detox and that's why the Super Bowl interview was cancelled. I don't think he popped-up again till yesterday at a union hall event in MD.
Some drug with the same effects as caffeine perhaps. There's no denying that he was right on being able to deliver the message.

But not to suggest he was doing his own thinking on his feet. The takedown of the R extremists who took the bait was above any ability he's ever been able to demonstrate.

Some drug with the same effects as caffeine perhaps. There's no denying that he was right on being able to deliver the message.

But not to suggest he was doing his own thinking on his feet. The takedown of the R extremists who took the bait was above any ability he's ever been able to demonstrate.
I didn't watch it so I can't say.

He’s clearly NOT at his mental peak and you know that.
His Sotu speech appeared to disprove that. If his speechwriters can repeat that then your angle of attack won't work.

Can Americans accept a president who is only capable of parroting the talking points effectively? That's the key to attacking Biden. Claiming that he's a puppet who poses a danger in that he's not making decisions.

Now, a decision to go to war is likely completely out of his hands and into the hands of Milley and the pentagon hawks.

Forum List

Back