Alleged victim punches 80-year-old convicted sex offender in Las Vegas courtroom [after the judge sentenced the convicted sex offender to 0 jail time]

Some arabic countries have a similar sort of rule. But the reality turned out that rich criminals would pay the victim enough for them to "completely forgive" the criminal, and thus they would avoid any jail time. A poor criminal on the other hand, would serve a long long long prison sentence.

Which countries?

Vigilante justice is not justice at all~

So, you don't think you can get justice by the victim extolling punishment on the spot to fit the crime to their satisfaction, but you think you WILL get justice from some over-paid attorney and some judge who only cares about following procedures on laws written by someone you'll neverr meet who doesn't know the first thing about your case 2-3 years after the fact when the case finally comes to court after costing you a fortune in legal fees?

giggle.gif

What kind of a judge lets a vicious criminal off the hook with no consequences?
What if..the attacker beats the victim's ass and traumatizes him/her again?
Oh, I know...handcuff the attacker and hand victim a baseball bat?

What if..it turns out attacker was framed/innocent?

Oops, right?

Vigilante justice is not justice at all~
So a criminal sex offender rapes another child and the Judge lets him march off into the sunset instead of paying for his heinous crime? I'm not getting this.

I hope they see fit to drop all charges of battery.

I very much doubt they will. Judges often take things very personal and will see this as not just a repudiation of their decision, but also a tacit admission that vigilante justice is sometimes more just than juris prudence. That is something they can never accept.

I fear they will throw the book at the victim.

So, you don't think you can get justice by the victim extolling punishment on the spot to fit the crime to their satisfaction, but you think you WILL get justice from some over-paid attorney and some judge who only cares about following procedures on laws written by someone you'll neverr meet who doesn't know the first thing about your case 2-3 years after the fact when the case finally comes to court after costing you a fortune in legal fees?

View attachment 902884
In a word...Yes~

The system is imperfect..the alternative is far worse.

Last edited:
What kind of a judge lets a vicious criminal off the hook with no consequences?

So a criminal sex offender rapes another child and the Judge lets him march off into the sunset instead of paying for his heinous crime? I'm not getting this.
I'm not agreeing with the judge's decision..at all.

Last edited:
The system is imperfect..the alternative is far worse.

Wow, we found ourselves a real koolaid drinker here!

The alternative to imperfection must be something less imperfect. I'm not saying anarchy where you just make up whatever you want to do, but I bet you that if we find ten people on the street who have been wronged that went through the court system, you will find 9.9 of them admitting that they did not feel the system gave them full if any justice, worse, many will tell you that they were doubly victimized by the system! Then if you ask those people if they think they could have had better justice had their wishes and needs and desires been taken into consideration where they had real say in what the justice was, that 9 out of those 9.9 people would have chosen that instead.

If a person is wronged, they are the only one who can really say whether and when justice is served, not some politician across the state you never met.

Forum List

Back