Facts are facts folks...Biden is 80 years old. Fact: mild cognitive impairment is present in 25 percent of those age 80 to 84,

Trump is 76 and he is sharp as a tack. If he wins the next election he will leave office at 82. So I can't throw stones based purely on age alone.

Aneurysms. Not embolisms.

Way back in the 80s.
FACTS...
After his February 1988 aneurysm operation, Biden developed a deep vein thrombosis (blood clot) in a leg, which led to a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs) 8. This is a potentially fatal disorder.
An evaluation for clotting disorders was negative, so the clots were ascribed to his immobility after the operation -- an unfortunately common complication of surgery. He was treated with oral anti-coagulant medication for "several months," and a filter was placed into his inferior vena cava. 7. (Placing the filter seems to be the "third operation" Cramer refers to 1j.)

FACTS...
After his February 1988 aneurysm operation, Biden developed a deep vein thrombosis (blood clot) in a leg, which led to a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs) 8. This is a potentially fatal disorder.
An evaluation for clotting disorders was negative, so the clots were ascribed to his immobility after the operation -- an unfortunately common complication of surgery. He was treated with oral anti-coagulant medication for "several months," and a filter was placed into his inferior vena cava. 7. (Placing the filter seems to be the "third operation" Cramer refers to 1j.)
Whitehall said, "Biden was stricken with two brain embolisms."

He did not have embolism in his brain. He had two brain aneurysms.

All caught up now?

WHEN JOE BIDEN WAS BORN:
  • The atomic bomb hadn't been invented yet.
  • Disney's 'Bambi' was a new film.
  • Silly Putty had just come out.
  • Life expectancy was less than 65 years for guys.
  • You could buy a 12 oz. Pepsi for a nickel.
  • FDR was president and ordered the interment of Japanese Americans.
  • Most common name for a baby was Mary, James, John, or Barbara.
  • Betty Grable was a big star.
  • Joseph Stalin was Time Magazine Man of the Year.
  • The Voice of America went on the air.
  • Napalm was invented.
  • The USA could build a battleship in 56 days.
  • The national speed limit was 35 mph.
  • Disney Studios was in the business of working with Uncle Sam to put out anti-Nazi films denouncing Hitler instead of trying to coerce little children to get sex change operations.
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 3.04.14 PM.png
  • Gerald Ford was 20 years old working as a male model.
  • NYC banned pinball machines to keep kids off of them.
  • Balloons were used by our military to spot subs, not as flyovers from China.
  • Stephen Hawking was just born (dead 5 years now).
  • DDT had just come out for treating mosquitoes.

How common is mild cognitive impairment?

The American Academy of Neurology estimates that mild cognitive impairment is present in
  • about 8 percent of people age 65 to 69,
  • in 15 percent of 75 to 79 year-olds,
  • in 25 percent of those age 80 to 84, and
  • in about 37 percent of people 85 years of age and older.

So what is "mild cognitive impairment" that Biden has a 25% chance of having?
Mild cognitive impairment is a condition in which a person experiences a slight – but noticeable – decline in mental abilities (memory and thinking skills) compared with others of the same age. The minor decline in abilities is noticeable by the person experiencing them or by others who interact with the person, but the changes are not severe enough to interfere with normal daily life and activities.

How the mind of an 80-year-old president is biologically different from a 45-year-old president's​

It was 1988, and he'd approached President Ronald Reagan in the Cabinet room at the White House. The president had made it a habit to meet almost weekly with Lott and other lawmakers whenever Congress was in session.
"I never will forget the look in his eyes," Lott said. "He looked at me almost like: 'I don't understand what you're saying. Who are you?'"
Lott said such an exchange happened only once. Reagan, who would have been about 77 at the time, could have been having an episode of forgetfulness that's normal for people with advanced age, scientists say. Maybe he was just short on sleep.

And Reagan was 3 years younger than Biden!

So there is a 75% chance that Biden has NO cognitive impairment whatsoever. Given his performance handling the hecklers at the debate, it's very obvious that he has much lower cognitive impairment than MTG and the rest of the Insurrection caucus.

The American Academy of Neurology estimates that mild cognitive impairment is present in

Mild cognitive impairment is a condition in which a person experiences a slight – but noticeable – decline in mental abilities (memory and thinking skills) compared with others of the same age. The minor decline in abilities is noticeable by the person experiencing them or by others who interact with the person, but the changes are not severe enough to interfere with normal daily life and activities.

How the mind of an 80-year-old president is biologically different from a 45-year-old president's​

It was 1988, and he'd approached President Ronald Reagan in the Cabinet room at the White House. The president had made it a habit to meet almost weekly with Lott and other lawmakers whenever Congress was in session.
"I never will forget the look in his eyes," Lott said. "He looked at me almost like: 'I don't understand what you're saying. Who are you?'"
Lott said such an exchange happened only once. Reagan, who would have been about 77 at the time, could have been having an episode of forgetfulness that's normal for people with advanced age, scientists say. Maybe he was just short on sleep.

And, of course, the point is that while a person with mild impairment can function in ordinary life, the life of the POTUS is anything but ordinary. He/she needs to be at the top of their game, always. Quid Pro is clearly not at the top of his game.

So there is a 75% chance that Biden has NO cognitive impairment whatsoever. Given his performance handling the hecklers at the debate, it's very obvious that he has much lower cognitive impairment than MTG and the rest of the Insurrection caucus.
Obviously, you are ignoring Quid Pro's whispering into the microphone, his outbursts of temper, his mumbling, his incoherence (NOT stammering, NOT stuttering. Someone who stutters or stammers can stay on track and finish a thought, even though certain sounds are difficult to say. Quid Pro meanders off in the middle of a sentence, makes up sounds that aren't even words and tries to shake hands with people who aren't there, and that's just what we see in public). He's old and feeble, and entrusting the country to him is dangerous. We warned the world about this, but here we are...

'Facts are facts folks...Biden is 80 years old. Fact: mild cognitive impairment is present in 25 percent of those age 80 to 84,'

100% present in Joe Biden.

President Biden is the most fit President ever.
The physical was PERFECT and found him to be fit as a 20 year old and mentally at his peak.
I'm serious, $1,500. It's in my pasture, has a 10 foot wingspan, a 30 inch horn and farts rainbow skittles. Come to my oceanfront property in Arizona and bring the money.

'Facts are facts folks...Biden is 80 years old. Fact: mild cognitive impairment is present in 25 percent of those age 80 to 84,'

100% present in Joe Biden.
So, someone with 100 percent cognitive impairment is able to tie the Republican Congress into knots, Lead NATO response in Ukraine, pass historic legislature, lead the Democratic caucus

I’ll take that over any Republican right now

I'm but 69 and 11/12. Um. I thought Reagan is pResident ?

Thanks. That article clarifies something that worried PJ and I. Sometimes, we will misplace a word or a name we have used for years. It's like "where the hell did that word go? It was right here! It's always been here!" It worries as a sign of early dementia, but according to that article it is just normal aging. Still, frigging weird though. We're positive, we were more fluid and fluent with vocabulary and specifically nouns. Not even obscure words rarely used, like "petrichor" but possibly a common word, used frequently. Weird. :omg:
. . .petrichor. . .

Okay, I'd be all right with losing that one. :)

. . .petrichor. . .

Okay, I'd be all right with losing that one. :)
It is a rather obscure word for the most part, but don't you just love that smell from the ground in the air as the first cool rains hit, after a dry spell? It's like you can smell the good earth and plants rejoicing! :D

Obviously, you are ignoring Quid Pro's whispering into the microphone, his outbursts of temper, his mumbling, his incoherence (NOT stammering, NOT stuttering. Someone who stutters or stammers can stay on track and finish a thought, even though certain sounds are difficult to say. Quid Pro meanders off in the middle of a sentence, makes up sounds that aren't even words and tries to shake hands with people who aren't there, and that's just what we see in public). He's old and feeble, and entrusting the country to him is dangerous. We warned the world about this, but here we are...

And you're placing ALL of your emphasis on the stuttering, stammering etc. which have been a part of Biden's gaffe prone public statements since he arrived in the Senate. If Biden had gone from someone who was always articulate and succinct in his commentary, to stammering and incoherence and an inability to finish his sentences, there would be reason for concern. But he's always been like this.

Trump, on the other hand, used to speak like a man with an Ivy League education - clearly, staying on topic, well educated. Now he can't finish a sentence. His language and syntax is at a Grade 5 level. And his transcripts are simply incoherent. He gives rambling speeches which are just a litany of his personal grievances - which is a HUGE red flag for someone whose father died of Alzheimers. Anger, paranoia and delusions are symptoms of dementia. All three are the foundation stones of the Trump Presidency.

It is a rather obscure word for the most part, but don't you just love that smell from the ground in the air as the first cool rains hit, after a dry spell? It's like you can smell the good earth and plants rejoicing! :D
I'm gonna say, you are probably not suffering from age-related cognitive impairment.

Forum List

Back