Facts About Judaism

My goodness. Moses did not write the first 11 chapters of Genes or the accounts of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

They were not revealed to him by God. They were accounts that had been passed down orally.
Sure, puppy, whatever you say.
So you are saying the account of Abraham was totally unknown until Moses revealed it?

Really?

Logical fallacy.
Those are not exclusive.
Actually the claim of revelation from God to Moses and the accounts being common knowledge because they had been passed down orally from generation to generation would be mutually exclusive.
You are a fucking idiot.
The Children of Israel knew of their ancestors and God dictated to Moshe what He wanted to be in the Torah.
And it just so happened that God dictated what everyone already had known for thousands of years because they accounts had been passed down orally from generation to generation.
Are you an idiot?
You think anybody had the insight of God to dictate the exact words detailed in the Torah?
You are a few postings away from Ignore.

My goodness. Moses did not write the first 11 chapters of Genes or the accounts of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

They were not revealed to him by God. They were accounts that had been passed down orally.
Sorry to be the one to break this to you but the earth wasn’t created 6,000 years ago either.
Show me the verse where it says it was.
No ad hominems; just show me the verse.
You were the one who told me In a previous conversation that you believed the account of Genesis to be literal and not allegorical.
What does Literal mean, you idiot?
There was no sun until day 4...you idiot.
You just proved what literal means to you.

FYI, the universe was created from nothing ~14 billion years ago.

Sorry to be the one to break this to you but the earth wasn’t created 6,000 years ago either.

what did Jesus say about that?
He said die to self and confront reality.

oh----you think that the crucifixion thing was
"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?
Not exactly what I was saying, Rosie.

But thanks for playing.

you wrote that Jesus said "DIE" to himself "AND CONFRONT
REALITY" What did you mean by that comment? Do you have
any idea what YOU MEANT? According to the science called
Psychiatry-----workers in that field seem to agree that suicide is
a matter of extreme unhappiness and anger. It is an "aggression
against self by a person who feels unable to act aggressively to
those or that which aggrieves him. Can you explain YOUR COMMENT?
He didn’t really say it, Rosie.

It was more of a living parable. And it’s not meant to be read literally. All major religions teach to die to self. It’s how we see reality.

"a living parable" ??? OH----you seem to be struggling to claim
that the crucifixion was an ALLEGORY of that to which "all"
religious leaders and icons strive. Jesus wanted to "die to self...?
something like BUDDHA. So he was an ordinary man seeking
NIRVANA thru death..... ok ---------weird but if that is what
you want.....fine with me. It does not seem to me to be the classical
sunday school approach
It’s probably easier for you to put words in my mouth. But that just means you are arguing with yourself.

It is CLEARLY easier for you to express words which make no sense, even to you.
If that’s how you need to see it, more power to you.

You have declined to explain your own words. I commented on
that fact. You are reduced to more babble. So far you have evaded a very simple task which is that you explain why you refer to
the crucifixion of Jesus--------which was LIKELY an historic event based on the history of that place at that time under brutal roman
oppression, as an ALLEGORY. Are you suggesting that it did not really HAPPEN? If so, why do you think that the ROMAN CHURCH decided to magnify it into an EVENT of extreme importance for the entire world? Christian women and men still walk around
with crosses as an "IMPORTANT" symbol of a religion------but it is
only an allegory?. As to the tens or even hundreds of thousands
of people crucified by Roman authorities------were those events ALSO "allegorical"?
Don’t change, Rosie. Keep obsessing over Christianity.

I did not start this idiot thread--------I am SIMPLY taking
part in the discussion.. People who are not jews who feel
compelled to DECIDE what nature of "jewish belief" is are the
obsessed. This idiocy is not new to me. I grew up in a
very WHITE CHRISTIAN town and was often invited to "learn"
about Christianity -----in "sunday school" lots of throw away
literature-------EXTENSIVE OBSESSION to "reach da jooooos"
I don’t need your origin story, Rosie.

Show me the verse where it says it was.
No ad hominems; just show me the verse.
You were the one who told me In a previous conversation that you believed the account of Genesis to be literal and not allegorical.
What does Literal mean, you idiot?
There was no sun until day 4...you idiot.
You just proved what literal means to you.

FYI, the universe was created from nothing ~14 billion years ago.
How do you know it was 14 billion years ago when physicists keep adjusting that number every few months?
Nobody knows the actual physical age of the universe using current human technology.

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

It was more of a living parable. And it’s not meant to be read literally. All major religions teach to die to self. It’s how we see reality.

sunday school approach
It’s probably easier for you to put words in my mouth. But that just means you are arguing with yourself.

that fact. You are reduced to more babble. So far you have evaded a very simple task which is that you explain why you refer to
the crucifixion of Jesus--------which was LIKELY an historic event based on the history of that place at that time under brutal roman
oppression, as an ALLEGORY. Are you suggesting that it did not really HAPPEN? If so, why do you think that the ROMAN CHURCH decided to magnify it into an EVENT of extreme importance for the entire world? Christian women and men still walk around
of people crucified by Roman authorities------were those events ALSO "allegorical"?

you are very SUBJECTIVE, dingbat. YOU are not the only person
who reads this thread

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

sunday school approach

who reads this thread
At least dogshit can be used for fertilizer.
This Ding is a Dingbat.

So you are saying the account of Abraham was totally unknown until Moses revealed it?

Really?

Logical fallacy.
Those are not exclusive.
Actually the claim of revelation from God to Moses and the accounts being common knowledge because they had been passed down orally from generation to generation would be mutually exclusive.
You are a fucking idiot.
The Children of Israel knew of their ancestors and God dictated to Moshe what He wanted to be in the Torah.
And it just so happened that God dictated what everyone already had known for thousands of years because they accounts had been passed down orally from generation to generation.
Are you an idiot?
You think anybody had the insight of God to dictate the exact words detailed in the Torah?
I’m not the one who believes creation was literally created in 6 days, so, no, I’m not the idiot.

I’m also not the one who believes God told Moses what to record when what he recorded was common knowledge back in his day because those accounts had been passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years.

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

sunday school approach

who reads this thread
This Ding is a Dingbat.
You seem upset.

Really?

Logical fallacy.
Those are not exclusive.
You are a fucking idiot.
Are you an idiot?
I’m not the one who believes creation was literally created in 6 days, so, no, I’m not the idiot.

I’m also not the one who believe God told Moses what to record when what he recorded was common knowledge back in his day because those accounts had been passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years.
Uh...neither do I, moron.
No where does the Torah state anything about days.
But you would only know that if you knew how to read Hebrew and explain Yom V'Layla before there was a sun.

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

sunday school approach

who reads this thread
No body else needs your origin story either.

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

sunday school approach

who reads this thread
This Ding is a Dingbat.
You seem upset.
You keep ignoring verses, which makes you useless in any discussion.

Really?

Logical fallacy.
Those are not exclusive.
You are a fucking idiot.
Are you an idiot?

I’m also not the one who believe God told Moses what to record when what he recorded was common knowledge back in his day because those accounts had been passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years.
But you would only know that if you knew how to read Hebrew and explain Yom V'Layla before there was a sun.
That’s not what you told me before. Tell me about the talking snake.

Really?

Logical fallacy.
Those are not exclusive.
You are a fucking idiot.
Are you an idiot?

Bullshit, liar.
Explain Yom V'Layla before there was a sun or you're on Ignore.
Your choice.
I cannot deal with a bullshit artist.

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

sunday school approach

who reads this thread
This Ding is a Dingbat.
You seem upset.
And you keep ignoring reality. I’m sorry you don’t understand the account of Genesis is allegorical and believe it is real.

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

sunday school approach

who reads this thread
This Ding is a Dingbat.
You seem upset.
And you keep ignoring reality. I’m sorry you don’t understand the account of Genesis is allegorical and believe it is real.
Welcome to Permanent Ignore.

Really?

Logical fallacy.
Those are not exclusive.
You are a fucking idiot.
Are you an idiot?

Bullshit, liar.
Explain Yom V'Layla before there was a sun or you're on Ignore.
Your choice.
I cannot deal with a bullshit artist.
You need to learn some science.

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

sunday school approach

Do you want to tell me about the talking snake?

Apparently what is good for the goose isn’t good for the gander.

who knew:dunno:

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

sunday school approach

who reads this thread
I just put Ding on Ignore...Join me.

Forum List