Facts About Judaism

Ask a christian a simple question...and that's what you get instead.

:th_smiley_emoticons_gaehn:

No sense, no chicken.
Disappointing.

:lame2:
I am more than happy for you to make responses like this while I use my responses to make my case.

You don’t care about God. You don’t glorify God. You don’t worship God. You don’t believe God exists. You are exactly like the other 90% of your people who have forgotten God. You only care about created things. And because of that you will never find happiness in this world.
My goodness. Moses did not write the first 11 chapters of Genes or the accounts of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

They were not revealed to him by God. They were accounts that had been passed down orally.

your point? so then he wrote them down------uhm----in a DIVINELY INSPIRED manner-------kinda like the divinely inspired
hypnagogic hallucinations that some greek guy named paul claimed
Other than your colorful disparaging wording that is close with the exception that the accounts recorded by Moses were thousands of years old.

My goodness. Moses did not write the first 11 chapters of Genes or the accounts of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

They were not revealed to him by God. They were accounts that had been passed down orally.
Sure, puppy, whatever you say.
Sorry to be the one to break this to you but the earth wasn’t created 6,000 years ago either.

Sorry to be the one to break this to you but the earth wasn’t created 6,000 years ago either.

what did Jesus say about that?
He said die to self and confront reality.

oh----you think that the crucifixion thing was
"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?
Not exactly what I was saying, Rosie.

But thanks for playing.

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

you wrote that Jesus said "DIE" to himself "AND CONFRONT
REALITY" What did you mean by that comment? Do you have
any idea what YOU MEANT? According to the science called
Psychiatry-----workers in that field seem to agree that suicide is
a matter of extreme unhappiness and anger. It is an "aggression
against self by a person who feels unable to act aggressively to
those or that which aggrieves him. Can you explain YOUR COMMENT?

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

He didn’t really say it, Rosie.

It was more of a living parable. And it’s not meant to be read literally. All major religions teach to die to self. It’s how we see reality.

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

It was more of a living parable. And it’s not meant to be read literally. All major religions teach to die to self. It’s how we see reality.

"a living parable" ??? OH----you seem to be struggling to claim
that the crucifixion was an ALLEGORY of that to which "all"
religious leaders and icons strive. Jesus wanted to "die to self...?
something like BUDDHA. So he was an ordinary man seeking
NIRVANA thru death..... ok ---------weird but if that is what
you want.....fine with me. It does not seem to me to be the classical
sunday school approach

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

sunday school approach
It’s probably easier for you to put words in my mouth. But that just means you are arguing with yourself.

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

sunday school approach
It’s probably easier for you to put words in my mouth. But that just means you are arguing with yourself.

It is CLEARLY easier for you to express words which make no sense, even to you.

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

sunday school approach

If that’s how you need to see it, more power to you.

I wouldn’t want Rosie to stay up all night wondering what I meant by dying to self to confront reality. So....

The reason man doesn't behave the same way even though he knows right from wrong is because of subjectivity. The difference between being objective and being subjective is bias. Bias is eliminated when there is no preference for an outcome. To eliminate a preference for an outcome one must have no thought of the consequences to one's self. He must die to self. If one does not practice this they will see subjective truth instead of objective truth. Subjective truth leads to moral relativism. Where consequences to self and preferences for an outcome leads to rationalizations of right and wrong.

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

sunday school approach

You have declined to explain your own words. I commented on
that fact. You are reduced to more babble. So far you have evaded a very simple task which is that you explain why you refer to
the crucifixion of Jesus--------which was LIKELY an historic event based on the history of that place at that time under brutal roman
oppression, as an ALLEGORY. Are you suggesting that it did not really HAPPEN? If so, why do you think that the ROMAN CHURCH decided to magnify it into an EVENT of extreme importance for the entire world? Christian women and men still walk around
with crosses as an "IMPORTANT" symbol of a religion------but it is
only an allegory?. As to the tens or even hundreds of thousands
of people crucified by Roman authorities------were those events ALSO "allegorical"?

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

sunday school approach

that fact. You are reduced to more babble. So far you have evaded a very simple task which is that you explain why you refer to
the crucifixion of Jesus--------which was LIKELY an historic event based on the history of that place at that time under brutal roman
oppression, as an ALLEGORY. Are you suggesting that it did not really HAPPEN? If so, why do you think that the ROMAN CHURCH decided to magnify it into an EVENT of extreme importance for the entire world? Christian women and men still walk around
of people crucified by Roman authorities------were those events ALSO "allegorical"?
Don’t change, Rosie. Keep obsessing over Christianity.

I wouldn’t want Rosie to stay up all night wondering what I meant by dying to self to confront reality. So....

The reason man doesn't behave the same way even though he knows right from wrong is because of subjectivity. The difference between being objective and being subjective is bias. Bias is eliminated when there is no preference for an outcome. To eliminate a preference for an outcome one must have no thought of the consequences to one's self. He must die to self. If one does not practice this they will see subjective truth instead of objective truth. Subjective truth leads to moral relativism. Where consequences to self and preferences for an outcome leads to rationalizations of right and wrong.

oh-----ok -----so that famous crucifixion thing never happened, ---at least not for the being (Jesus) who desired to demonstrate his
lack of "SUBJECTIVITY" For a completely allegorical tale----
hundreds of millions have managed to SOLIDIFY it into an
OBSESSION. It (the alleged crucifixion) has galvanized wars and
mass genocides-------but it was only an allegorical tale------like
the kinds of stuff for which AESOP was famous.

oh-----ok -----so that famous crucifixion thing never happened, ---at least not for the being (Jesus) who desired to demonstrate his
You are dying to discuss Christianity.

So you are saying the account of Abraham was totally unknown until Moses revealed it?

Really?

Logical fallacy.
Those are not exclusive.
Actually the claim of revelation from God to Moses and the accounts being common knowledge because they had been passed down orally from generation to generation would be mutually exclusive.
You are a fucking idiot.
The Children of Israel knew of their ancestors and God dictated to Moshe what He wanted to be in the Torah.

Show me the verse where it says it was.
No ad hominems; just show me the verse.
You were the one who told me In a previous conversation that you believed the account of Genesis to be literal and not allegorical.
What does Literal mean, you idiot?
There was no sun until day 4...you idiot.

You are dying to discuss Christianity.
You may as well discuss Monty Python.

So you are saying the account of Abraham was totally unknown until Moses revealed it?

Really?

Logical fallacy.
Those are not exclusive.
Actually the claim of revelation from God to Moses and the accounts being common knowledge because they had been passed down orally from generation to generation would be mutually exclusive.
You are a fucking idiot.
The Children of Israel knew of their ancestors and God dictated to Moshe what He wanted to be in the Torah.
And it just so happened that God dictated what everyone already had known for thousands of years because the accounts had been passed down orally from generation to generation.

"SUICIDE BY ROMAN"?

But thanks for playing.

sunday school approach

Don’t change, Rosie. Keep obsessing over Christianity.

I did not start this idiot thread--------I am SIMPLY taking
part in the discussion.. People who are not jews who feel
compelled to DECIDE what nature of "jewish belief" is are the
obsessed. This idiocy is not new to me. I grew up in a
very WHITE CHRISTIAN town and was often invited to "learn"
about Christianity -----in "sunday school" lots of throw away
literature-------EXTENSIVE OBSESSION to "reach da jooooos"

Forum List

Back