Facts About Judaism

You may wish to regard the following: Messianic Life

huge_avatar

See...that's exactly what I'm talking about,
missionaries have not the least integrity to be straightforward,
trolling around seeking to disconnect Jews from their heritage, always sneaky.

What is that about Islam and Christianity that makes them so unsure
of themselves that they absolutely must try and turn everyone to be like them?
What heritage are you concerned about? I note that Mary and Joseph were a Jewish couple. Jesus was raised Jewish. He was dedicated at the Temple at Jerusalem... All the prophetic heritage of the Old Testament point to the coming of the Messiah who I firmly believe has come and will return again (likely sooner than later). The Messiah/Christ fulfilled every requirement of the Mosaic/GOD's Law. I note that many Jews are still seeking the Messiah's coming. Yet if indeed He came this day would Jews be anymore receptive than they were 2000 years ago? Would they not expect things to change at His revelation?

I see true Christianity as the pinnacle, or fruition of the history of the nation of Israel, and its part of bringing the SAVIOR to the ENTIRE world (the gentiles) --- and not just so it (Israel) can wallow in exclusive "traditions" for tradition sake... I as an evangelical christian love the Jewish people and their traditions, but I also realize that most of these traditions point to the Messiah. This is something I personally feel many Jews miss. They see them as family gatherings and shinning a spotlight upon themselves. But believers should be shining the light upon HIM who save us an not fret that we will somehow lose traditional identity. This is because we are all made whole when we spotlight G-D's grace to everyone.
If the episode of Mary barging her way onto the Temple Mount actually occurred, the Kohanim would have executed her or had her executed by the Romans.
The Kohanim were not known for being shy.
If you actually studied the Torah you would know how preposterous this "episode" sounds.
And where exactly does that episode appear in any of the Gospel narratives? I've never read of it. If you are speaking of some Hollywood movie, where have they ever stuck to the Bible without "artistic license". Look at NOAH and also the Ten Commandments. There are problems and I read the Bible and do not depend on even the best that Hollywood has to offer as sticking to the original script.
Luke?
The fact is that you have not read the NT at all if you don’t even know about this episode.
What I've read is that Mary and Joseph returned to Jerusalem when they realized that the 12 year old Jesus was missing from among the relatives and friends with whom they were traveling. Joseph and Mary found Jesus in the Temple days later astounding the learned men there with HIS knowledge of scripture. That is hardly barging in anywhere. We are not told of exactly where in the Temple complex this occurred. There was also a women's court.

you got a specific PART of the NT for that story? I read the NT
(long ago) and I remember the incident simply as being something
like "Jesus was in a synagogue talking to "grown up" educated
people and EXPOUNDING on scriptures in a manner beyond his years. I do not recall this incident as taking place in the central temple
in Jerusalem. I think your problem here is a matter of TRANSLATION
Lukas 2:41-52 Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)
41 And his horim (parents) used to make aliyah leregel (pilgrimage) to Yerushalayim shanah bshanah (year by year) for Chag HaPesach (the Feast of Pesach). [SHEMOT 23:15; DEVARIM 16:1-8]
42 And when he became a bocher of twelve years of age, they made aliyah leregel (pilgrimage), as usual, according to the mitzvah and minhag of the Chag.
43 And as they were returning, having fulfilled the prescribed number of yamim (days), the bocher Yehoshua stayed behind in Yerushalayim. And his horim (parents) did not have daas (knowledge) of this,
44 But supposed him to be in the caravan, and went a day’s journey. And they began looking for him among the krovim (relatives) and acquaintances.
45 And, not having found him, they returned to Yerushalayim, looking for him.
46 And it came about, that after shlosha yamim (three days) they found him in the courts of the Beis HaMikdash, sitting in the midst of the rabbis, both listening to them and asking them she’elot (kashes, questions).
47 And all the ones listening to him where amazed at his binah and at his teshuvot (answers).
48 And when his horim (parents) saw him, they were astounded, and his Em (mother) said to him, Beni, why did you do thus to us? Hinei, your abba and I were anxiously looking for you.
49 And he said to them, Why is it that you were looking for me? Did you not have daas that I must be in the Beis Avi [i.e., dealing with His affairs]?
50 And they did not have binah of the dvar which he spoke to them.
51 And he went down with them, and they came to Natzeret; and he continued in mishmaat (obedience) to his horim (parents). And his Em (mother) was treasuring all these things in her lev (heart).
52 And Yehoshua kept increasing in chochmah VGADEL VATOV GAM IM HASHEM VGAM IM ANASHIM (and stature and favor with Hashem and men, SHMUEL ALEF 2:26).
Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)
I read Luke many years ago; every verse, not just the cherry picked verses.
It's a very funny book.

poor Luke never spoke with Jesus and, likely, never met him.
He was Greek, He may have known some Latin
This may provide more insight, if that is what you'd appreciate: Who Wrote the Gospel of Luke and Acts?
Nobody knows who wrote them.
Every single book in the Jewish Scriptures is well documented.
No Jew accepts any statement from anybody who doesn't quote who said it to them.
The Talmud doesn't have one statement that doesn't have an attribution to the person's teacher.
No Rabbi would have the balls to present an idea without an attribution and if it's their own idea they have to explicitly state so.
Really? Who wrote Job?
Moshe.

Is there a particular reason you are so fixated on the topic of Judaism?

It is full of mysticism trying to find esoteric meaning to the events.

Their interpretation comes when they mix the value of words letter by letter by the definition of the the letter itself and also their assigned numerical value. They believe in "secret codes" when the narration itself is simple and without enigmas.

They invent their enigmas and think the solving of their imaginations is wisdom.

The only time when such method of solving enigmas is validated is when prophecies are told. The rest of the narration is plain and simple.

I can state God made man for Him (God) reproduce himself, on the other hand Judaism will state God made man to make Israel the only reproduction of Himself.

Torah, Prophets and Scriptures show that God made a promise to Abraham, later retracts Himself when the descendants from line Isaac-Jacob are stiff necked, with bad mode restore the promise but retracts again when Jacob descendants still showing their brutality of becoming idolaters, and finally God gave up and gave no privileges to no one. The prophets spreading the "word of God" included all nations as to be called "sons of God".

The scenario is simple, and the whole process is just trial and error, but for some reason religious people call it "a plan".

Tell me, it was planed by God creating such a bunch of stiff necked dudes?

I don't think so.

And one of them is challenging me to decipher one of their invented "enigmas". Lol.

huge_avatar

What heritage are you concerned about? I note that Mary and Joseph were a Jewish couple. Jesus was raised Jewish. He was dedicated at the Temple at Jerusalem... All the prophetic heritage of the Old Testament point to the coming of the Messiah who I firmly believe has come and will return again (likely sooner than later). The Messiah/Christ fulfilled every requirement of the Mosaic/GOD's Law. I note that many Jews are still seeking the Messiah's coming. Yet if indeed He came this day would Jews be anymore receptive than they were 2000 years ago? Would they not expect things to change at His revelation?

I see true Christianity as the pinnacle, or fruition of the history of the nation of Israel, and its part of bringing the SAVIOR to the ENTIRE world (the gentiles) --- and not just so it (Israel) can wallow in exclusive "traditions" for tradition sake... I as an evangelical christian love the Jewish people and their traditions, but I also realize that most of these traditions point to the Messiah. This is something I personally feel many Jews miss. They see them as family gatherings and shinning a spotlight upon themselves. But believers should be shining the light upon HIM who save us an not fret that we will somehow lose traditional identity. This is because we are all made whole when we spotlight G-D's grace to everyone.
If the episode of Mary barging her way onto the Temple Mount actually occurred, the Kohanim would have executed her or had her executed by the Romans.
If you actually studied the Torah you would know how preposterous this "episode" sounds.
And where exactly does that episode appear in any of the Gospel narratives? I've never read of it. If you are speaking of some Hollywood movie, where have they ever stuck to the Bible without "artistic license". Look at NOAH and also the Ten Commandments. There are problems and I read the Bible and do not depend on even the best that Hollywood has to offer as sticking to the original script.
Luke?
The fact is that you have not read the NT at all if you don’t even know about this episode.
What I've read is that Mary and Joseph returned to Jerusalem when they realized that the 12 year old Jesus was missing from among the relatives and friends with whom they were traveling. Joseph and Mary found Jesus in the Temple days later astounding the learned men there with HIS knowledge of scripture. That is hardly barging in anywhere. We are not told of exactly where in the Temple complex this occurred. There was also a women's court.

people and EXPOUNDING on scriptures in a manner beyond his years. I do not recall this incident as taking place in the central temple
41 And his horim (parents) used to make aliyah leregel (pilgrimage) to Yerushalayim shanah bshanah (year by year) for Chag HaPesach (the Feast of Pesach). [SHEMOT 23:15; DEVARIM 16:1-8]
42 And when he became a bocher of twelve years of age, they made aliyah leregel (pilgrimage), as usual, according to the mitzvah and minhag of the Chag.
43 And as they were returning, having fulfilled the prescribed number of yamim (days), the bocher Yehoshua stayed behind in Yerushalayim. And his horim (parents) did not have daas (knowledge) of this,
44 But supposed him to be in the caravan, and went a day’s journey. And they began looking for him among the krovim (relatives) and acquaintances.
46 And it came about, that after shlosha yamim (three days) they found him in the courts of the Beis HaMikdash, sitting in the midst of the rabbis, both listening to them and asking them she’elot (kashes, questions).
47 And all the ones listening to him where amazed at his binah and at his teshuvot (answers).
48 And when his horim (parents) saw him, they were astounded, and his Em (mother) said to him, Beni, why did you do thus to us? Hinei, your abba and I were anxiously looking for you.
49 And he said to them, Why is it that you were looking for me? Did you not have daas that I must be in the Beis Avi [i.e., dealing with His affairs]?
51 And he went down with them, and they came to Natzeret; and he continued in mishmaat (obedience) to his horim (parents). And his Em (mother) was treasuring all these things in her lev (heart).
52 And Yehoshua kept increasing in chochmah VGADEL VATOV GAM IM HASHEM VGAM IM ANASHIM (and stature and favor with Hashem and men, SHMUEL ALEF 2:26).
It's a very funny book.

poor Luke never spoke with Jesus and, likely, never met him.
He was Greek, He may have known some Latin
This may provide more insight, if that is what you'd appreciate: Who Wrote the Gospel of Luke and Acts?
Nobody knows who wrote them.
Every single book in the Jewish Scriptures is well documented.
No Jew accepts any statement from anybody who doesn't quote who said it to them.
The Talmud doesn't have one statement that doesn't have an attribution to the person's teacher.
No Rabbi would have the balls to present an idea without an attribution and if it's their own idea they have to explicitly state so.
Really? Who wrote Job?
Moshe.

My goodness. Moses did not write the first 11 chapters of Genes or the accounts of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

They were not revealed to him by God. They were accounts that had been passed down orally.

My goodness. Moses did not write the first 11 chapters of Genes or the accounts of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

They were not revealed to him by God. They were accounts that had been passed down orally.
Sure, puppy, whatever you say.

Sorry to be the one to break this to you but the earth wasn’t created 6,000 years ago either.

Their interpretation comes when they mix the value of words letter by letter by the definition of the the letter itself and also their assigned numerical value. They believe in "secret codes" when the narration itself is simple and without enigmas.

They invent their enigmas and think the solving of their imaginations is wisdom.

The only time when such method of solving enigmas is validated is when prophecies are told. The rest of the narration is plain and simple.

I can state God made man for Him (God) reproduce himself, on the other hand Judaism will state God made man to make Israel the only reproduction of Himself.

Torah, Prophets and Scriptures show that God made a promise to Abraham, later retracts Himself when the descendants from line Isaac-Jacob are stiff necked, with bad mode restore the promise but retracts again when Jacob descendants still showing their brutality of becoming idolaters, and finally God gave up and gave no privileges to no one. The prophets spreading the "word of God" included all nations as to be called "sons of God".

The scenario is simple, and the whole process is just trial and error, but for some reason religious people call it "a plan".

I don't think so.

And one of them is challenging me to decipher one of their invented "enigmas". Lol.

Look at the title of the thread - what does it say?
The thread is not about what You think about Judaism, rather FACTS.
You talk about things having no idea about, and certainly not from Jewish sources.

For example, you claim :"interpretation comes when they mix the value of words letter by letter by the definition of the the letter itself and also their assigned numerical value. "
This is called Gematria, not only is it NOT the main method, not a single law is based on it.

FACT is
- in Judaism there're 13 set principles of interpretation,
and none of them is what you've mentioned above.

The only reason you dance around my question is because you simply can't answer it.
I didn't ask for any "code" or "enigma" but a simple answer to simple question.
But you do't even have the integrity to admit you can't and don't know.
And after all that chest thumping - why is that?

Try once give a short simple answer.

Last edited:

So you are saying the account of Abraham was totally unknown until Moses revealed it?

Really?

Logical fallacy.
Those are not exclusive.

Sorry to be the one to break this to you but the earth wasn’t created 6,000 years ago either.
Show me the verse where it says it was.
No ad hominems; just show me the verse.

Ask a christian a simple question...and that's what you get instead.

:th_smiley_emoticons_gaehn:

No sense, no chicken.
Disappointing.

:lame2:
I am more than happy for you to make responses like this while I use my responses to make my case.

You don’t care about God. You don’t glorify God. You don’t worship God. You don’t believe God exists. You are exactly like the other 90% of your people who have forgotten God. You only care about created things. And because of that you will never find happiness in this world.

your point? so then he wrote them down------uhm----in a DIVINELY INSPIRED manner-------kinda like the divinely inspired
hypnagogic hallucinations that some greek guy named paul claimed

what did Jesus say about that?

huge_avatar

Luke?

It's a very funny book.
I find that there are many funny things recorded in the entire Bible. God obviously has a sense of humor.
God has nothing on the bull crap in the NT.
The NT is akin to Curb Your Enthusiasm.
God has everything to do with the New Testament --- it (the New Testament) totally reaffirms the truth of the Old Testament. The book of Hebrews is a prime example.

Christian Discovers that the Book of Hebrews Corrupted Jewish Scriptures!

"Reaffirm" as in corrupting the word of G-d?

It completes what the Old Testament eluded to.

Nip darling-----you might want to ELUDE ---that ^^^^
remark

I don't think so.

Luchi-----your comment would be stricken in a court of law------you have no idea what other people THINK. ---------besides which---
your comment is BS

I don't think so.

the typical sophist roman jew hating interpretation is OBVIOUS to
Luchi (a leftover from the training of the nursery)

I don't think so.

Luchi-----your comment would be stricken in a court of law------you have no idea what other people THINK. ---------besides which---
your comment is BS
Mysticism came in around the 16th century and is irrelevant to 99% of observant Jews and even less relevant to assimilated Jews.

So you are saying the account of Abraham was totally unknown until Moses revealed it?

Really?

Logical fallacy.
Those are not exclusive.
Actually the claim of revelation from God to Moses and the accounts being common knowledge because they had been passed down orally from generation to generation would be mutually exclusive.

Show me the verse where it says it was.
No ad hominems; just show me the verse.
You were the one who told me In a previous conversation that you believed the account of Genesis to be literal and not allegorical.

Forum List

Back