Employees are spending the equivalent of a month’s grocery bill on the return to the office–and growing more resentful than ever

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Our research found that returning to an office often is a major disruption to one’s routine, foundational work, and overall life experience.

We surveyed 1,400 full-time U.S. employees who were mandated to return to in-office work and found that they had higher burnout, stress, and turnover intentions. They also had lower trust in their organization, engagement, and productivity levels.

Our results indicate that if the return-to-office transition is not handled with a high level of humanity, sensitivity, and empathy, workplace culture suffers, and the workforce's sense of belonging plummets.

Fuck your "life experience" whining. Go to work.

Anyway isn't working at the workplace counted in "life experiences"?

Perhaps they would prefer the "lay-off experience" instead as it seems to be en vogue right now.
;)

Our research found that returning to an office often is a major disruption to one’s routine, foundational work, and overall life experience.

We surveyed 1,400 full-time U.S. employees who were mandated to return to in-office work and found that they had higher burnout, stress, and turnover intentions. They also had lower trust in their organization, engagement, and productivity levels.

Our results indicate that if the return-to-office transition is not handled with a high level of humanity, sensitivity, and empathy, workplace culture suffers, and the workforce's sense of belonging plummets.

Perhaps they would prefer the "lay-off experience" instead as it seems to be en vogue right now.
;)

I have a "presence" job, one that requires me to be onsite 5 days a week.

I got a month and a half of working at home before I was listed as "essential" and sent back to work in March/April of 2020.

;)
"Shut up and get your ass back to work or I'll find somebody that will" is sometimes an appropriate answer to employee concerns.

Of course, it has been said, I can be a bit crude, effective and efficient, but crude.

;)

We will never get back to normal after the Chinese Murder Virus.

And having those Democrats in power makes the country even more abnormal.

And if the employer wants to piss away a lot of money on office space and equipment, that’s their business.
Actually, its more like gaining some actual productivity from their employees...but yes, its their call and not yours. So find another job if you don't like the one you have.
Ooops, sorry....that's self responsibility and I know you hate that....

Also, you can spread your working hours over the entire day.

And if you get a brain storm at 10 o’clock at night, you can act on it.
Great for working moms with preschool children. Mom at home raising kids, and money, win-win.

People are more productive st home than at an office.

Depends on the person and what their job is.

For the self motivated - and can be a good option.

If there is a need to access physical materials - not so much.
Then there are hybrid schedules for those where it works well will time split between a traditional office and teleworking.

WW

Great for working moms with preschool children. Mom at home raising kids, and money, win-win.

I can see that as a win-win for the Mom.

But if she's using company time to take care of the children, that isn't a win-win for the employer.

(Which is different from flexing hours so child care hours during the "regular" day are just shifted to getting the work done "after hours".

WW

Fuck your "life experience" whining. Go to work
My department saw a 22% increase in efficiency and amount of work completed under Work From Home. We lost about half of that added efficiency when we were forced to return to work 1 day a week and are now below the pre-pandemic efficiency after being required to come in twice a week.
Perhaps they would prefer the "lay-off experience" instead as it seems to be en vogue right now
We’re Union, so that’s not happening. Our Supervisor and Manager want us to go back to full time WFH but our VP won’t allow it.

I can see that as a win-win for the Mom.

But if she's using company time to take care of the children, that isn't a win-win for the employer.

(Which is different from flexing hours so child care hours during the "regular" day are just shifted to getting the work done "after hours".

WW
As long as the work gets done. I manage a large apartment building and live next door (provided by employer). I have no set hours but all tasks and duties must be done. How I schedule them is up to me. I have no set time to start or finish, and I often have to work some on the weekends. I take comp time when things are slow if am called on to put in excessive hours. It also should be noted that in my job and that of work-from-home moms that we are always on 'stand-by' if needed. This has to count for something.

Forum List

Back