Employees are spending the equivalent of a month’s grocery bill on the return to the office–and growing more resentful than ever

Because the the employees efficiency, and performance cannot be effectively evaluated through off site working. That's why we have supervisors. So they can supervise, and determine if an employee has the proper workload, and gets the job done effectively, and efficiently.
Obviously, you're one of those who needs constant supervision.

Enjoy your commute and your time at the office.

Regardless, it can be done more thoroughly if everyone was in house. If good enough, is "good enough"; so be it. Some employers want more than just good enough...
Actually the department she manages is the quality department. It doesn't need to be in office....even her supervisor is only using a "hotel office" as well. Meaning other people use the desk space as well as her supervisor does.

Most jobs require going to the place of employment.

As of 2023, 12.7% of full-time employees work from home, while 28.2% work a hybrid model​

Actually the department she manages is the quality department. It doesn't need to be in office....even her supervisor is only using a "hotel office" as well. Meaning other people use the desk space as well as her supervisor does.
And that ay work for some companies. If that's how they've always done it, then so be it. Why rock the boat. As for the ones being called back; they're being called back for a reason. And the ones who don't want to return to the office, wish not to, for a reason. For a great many I suspect that reason is supervision. I've already heard as much from some folks I've discussed the issue with.

Riiiiggght...
Or you can take off all day and only attend meetings by phone while lounging at the beach.
So? As long as the work gets done...who cares?
Because the the employees efficiency, and performance cannot be effectively evaluated through off site working. That's why we have supervisors. So they can supervise, and determine if an employee has the proper workload, and gets the job done effectively, and efficiently.
You can't believe that. It's not possible.

I do, and it is. It's much easier to see how long an employee takes to complete a task, and adjust their workload accordingly. Lots of folks working from home are probably putting in4-5 hrs, for the 8 they are paid a day. Supervision helps ameliorate this production loss for the company.

I do, and it is. It's much easier to see how long an employee takes to complete a task, and adjust their workload accordingly. Lots of folks working from home are probably putting in4-5 hrs, for the 8 they are paid a day. Supervision helps ameliorate this production loss for the company.
OK...either you are spouting ignorance, or you are just playing dumb.

Who cares is the employer. If they are paying "piece work" then it might not be a big deal. If they are paying the employee an hourly rate; then they need to be productively working for all the hours they are claiming for pay.

I have to agree with you, if you have employees abased on bit rate production or that as a supervisor you feel you have to micro-manage, they may not be good candidates from a job perspective for teleworking.

That doesn't mean that applies to all teleworkers.

WW

Who cares is the employer. If they are paying "piece work" then it might not be a big deal. If they are paying the employee an hourly rate; then they need to be productively working for all the hours they are claiming for pay.

A good supervisor can already monitor that whether they are in the office physically or virtually.

WW

Exactly right.....thats why some jobs require direct supervision

Our research found that returning to an office often is a major disruption to one’s routine, foundational work, and overall life experience.

We surveyed 1,400 full-time U.S. employees who were mandated to return to in-office work and found that they had higher burnout, stress, and turnover intentions. They also had lower trust in their organization, engagement, and productivity levels.

Our results indicate that if the return-to-office transition is not handled with a high level of humanity, sensitivity, and empathy, workplace culture suffers, and the workforce's sense of belonging plummets.

Fuck your "life experience" whining. Go to work.

Anyway isn't working at the workplace counted in "life experiences"?

Perhaps they would prefer the "lay-off experience" instead as it seems to be en vogue right now.
;)
The right wing is so adorable.

The labor sheep should shut up and do what their masters say, without question.

You guys always forget that this includes you. The moment it affects you, you guys all whine like little babies.

"Vaccine mandates! Pronouns! Diversity! "

How about you fools stop whining, then you can talk.

Our research found that returning to an office often is a major disruption to one’s routine, foundational work, and overall life experience.

We surveyed 1,400 full-time U.S. employees who were mandated to return to in-office work and found that they had higher burnout, stress, and turnover intentions. They also had lower trust in their organization, engagement, and productivity levels.

Our results indicate that if the return-to-office transition is not handled with a high level of humanity, sensitivity, and empathy, workplace culture suffers, and the workforce's sense of belonging plummets.

Fuck your "life experience" whining. Go to work.

Anyway isn't working at the workplace counted in "life experiences"?

Perhaps they would prefer the "lay-off experience" instead as it seems to be en vogue right now.
;)
Where do you work? I’m guessing you sit on your fat ass and collect SS checks.

Workers are choosing their work environment. It’s part of the process. Companies won’t fire everyone cuz they will go under. So, employees have a voice. It’s called capitalism and replaced feudalism you are advocating.

Forum List

Back