New York Times employees angry that the company wants them to return to in office work

It's not a right to demand you stay home and work. This example is why unions lost so much support with the public. You have the unions and employees telling the employer how they will conduct their businesses instead of the other way around. They were able to stay home as a gift from the employer to help protect their health, and now look at the thanks they got in return. Stabbed right in the back which unions are known for.

Blather, blather, blather. You and your rights and freedumbs. If it were up to you, there would be no progress in the world whatsoever.

You're someone who has done nothing but complain about how your employer screwed you over, and yet you oppose unions or rights for workers. Without workers, an employer is just a guy with an idea. Pay your workers first and pay them well.

It's not that. It's hard to build a team if they never see one another. One of my friends is required to go to the office one day a week and she says it's not going well. She was recently promoted and needs to pick her team but she hasn't even met some of the newer employees who just started after the pandemic ended, and haven't come in the days she's been in.

A lot of bigger companies have mentoring programs for young associates, and again, it's hard to make those connections if you're not in the office. I can see the arguments for coming in, but I can also see why the employees don't want to be required to go in.

From an employee's perspective, I have always loved working from home. Take a break and put a load of laundry in the washer, or put a stew on for dinner. No commuting expenses, or fancy wardrobe needed. The time spent getting showering, getting dressed and doing hair and make-up for the office, along with the time spent and money spent commuting is given back to you.

By 6:00 p.m. my housework and paid work were both done, dinner was ready, and I could spend the rest of the evening with family or friends. Normally I would just be getting home from the office at 6:00, and starting dinner and household chores.
i work harder…that’s why i make more money, sorry you can’t be happy with what you have and want more of mine

Blather, blather, blather. You and your rights and freedumbs. If it were up to you, there would be no progress in the world whatsoever.

You're someone who has done nothing but complain about how your employer screwed you over, and yet you oppose unions or rights for workers. Without workers, an employer is just a guy with an idea. Pay your workers first and pay them well.

You only say that because you have no understanding how business works.

You and I are competitors that make widgets. I pay my employees enough to get the job done and you pay your employees very well. Now Amazon is looking to buy a million widgets. Because you overpay your employees, your widgets cost $2.00 more a piece than my widgets. Who do you think Amazon will place their order with?

As per the OP, there is nothing wrong with an employer actually expecting their employees to report to work instead of staying home. People who work from home (especially customer service) generally get less work done in a day. In our county they used to send out property tax bills at the end of December so you could pay them and get the write off for that year. Since covid, they send them out later and later. Now I don't get the bill until nearly the end of January at best and I can't write it off on the previous year.

Apparently the NYT found the same results which is why they want their employees back in the officer where they can be supervised.

I would love for Elon to buy the NYTs and fire all the Moon Bat shitheads that work there.

Baby steps baby steps. I'm much happier with him buying Twitter than the NYT as mostly leftists read that rag. Politically Twitter can influence more people than the NYT ever could.

Forum List

Back