Electric Cars: Dead Batteries: Hypothetical Hype

Oh, and being able to go from 0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds sounds badass more than it sounds gay.

For 135K?:ack-1: Exceedingly ghey........most American men aren't going to buy a Tesla S. Mostly the social oddballs do.......the ones who think they stick out driving a silent car that goes fast. Progressive don't understand a lot of American culture because they hate it.......they certainly don't understand cars for shit.

C'mon now........for that $$ you can have a Hellcat AND a Ford Raptor truck.

EV's will have their niche.........but will always be fringe. The Disney folks will think otherwise.........good for them!!:2up:

Or they can afford to drive a high end vehicle and like the Tesla.

Having driven one, I would choose the Model S over the equivalent Jag or BMW.
So would a lot of other people.

Tesla-Model-S-vs-Luxury-Car-Competitors-1-570x333.png

Tesla Model S Crushes Large Luxury Car Competition (H1 2017 US Sales)

lol........fake.....the TESLA S is a mid sized luxury car but the company insists on comparing it in the large sized luxury car so it looks better.( I posted an article on it in the thread )

Ghey.

Most American males.......and its not even close.........are going to want a HELLCAT over a Tesla S. One HUGE factor is cost.......you can get a Hellcat for about 70K ( and go out and get a top of the line RAM truck on top of it for the 130K you pay for a Tesla S :deal: ). And then........what about the exhaust note on a Tesla!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I attend a huge car event most Sundays near me........huge car show by the ocean. At least 500 cars show up but funny.........only 1 or 2 Tesla S's.:eek-52::eek-52: But at least a couple of dozen Hellcat Challengers and about a dozen Charger Hellcats.

Lets face it........Tesla guys are not car guys..........very few. Ask most males under 50 years old, Nissan GTR or Tesla S............which one you want? Nobody wants a silent car.:spinner:

The Hellcat is a one trick pony. It goes fast. That is it. If that is all you want from a car, buy one.

As for your "most American males" comment, I think you underestimate the number of men who look for more than a dragster when they shop for a car.

And the exhaust note? lol If you buy a car for the sound it makes, you are a motorhead. Nothing wrong with that. But the hostile attacks on Tesla are simply nonsense.

lol.......whatever you say s0n.....we should see lots and lots of Tesla's all over the road in short order and Dodge guys will be trading in their Challengers and Chargers.:deal:

Except if you go check the sales numbers its laughable :coffee:Clearly the culture is changing........Americans losing interest in fast cars that are also loud.:bye1:

For 135K?:ack-1: Exceedingly ghey........most American men aren't going to buy a Tesla S. Mostly the social oddballs do.......the ones who think they stick out driving a silent car that goes fast. Progressive don't understand a lot of American culture because they hate it.......they certainly don't understand cars for shit.

EV's will have their niche.........but will always be fringe. The Disney folks will think otherwise.........good for them!!:2up:

lol........fake.....the TESLA S is a mid sized luxury car but the company insists on comparing it in the large sized luxury car so it looks better.( I posted an article on it in the thread )

Ghey.

Most American males.......and its not even close.........are going to want a HELLCAT over a Tesla S. One HUGE factor is cost.......you can get a Hellcat for about 70K ( and go out and get a top of the line RAM truck on top of it for the 130K you pay for a Tesla S :deal: ). And then........what about the exhaust note on a Tesla!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I attend a huge car event most Sundays near me........huge car show by the ocean. At least 500 cars show up but funny.........only 1 or 2 Tesla S's.:eek-52::eek-52: But at least a couple of dozen Hellcat Challengers and about a dozen Charger Hellcats.

Lets face it........Tesla guys are not car guys..........very few. Ask most males under 50 years old, Nissan GTR or Tesla S............which one you want? Nobody wants a silent car.:spinner:

Some of the cars on that list can also be listed as mid sized luxury cars.

Yes by bozo's on message boards but not the car industry.........cars are categorized by what they are ( insurance implictions ). Duh.......so is Chevy going to be able to say their Corvette is a subcompact sedan?

I DONT FUCKING THINK SO..............:booze::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The BMW 6 series is shorter and narrower than the Model S, with a shorter wheelbase. But it is a full sized luxury car and the Model S is not?

Ghey.

The Hellcat is a one trick pony. It goes fast. That is it. If that is all you want from a car, buy one.

As for your "most American males" comment, I think you underestimate the number of men who look for more than a dragster when they shop for a car.

And the exhaust note? lol If you buy a car for the sound it makes, you are a motorhead. Nothing wrong with that. But the hostile attacks on Tesla are simply nonsense.

lol.......whatever you say s0n.....we should see lots and lots of Tesla's all over the road in short order and Dodge guys will be trading in their Challengers and Chargers.:deal:

Except if you go check the sales numbers its laughable :coffee:Clearly the culture is changing........Americans losing interest in fast cars that are also loud.:bye1:

I see Teslas every day. All over Atlanta, including some not so rich areas.

Ghey.

Some of the cars on that list can also be listed as mid sized luxury cars.

Yes by bozo's on message boards but not the car industry.........cars are categorized by what they are ( insurance implictions ). Duh.......so is Chevy going to be able to say their Corvette is a subcompact sedan?

I DONT FUCKING THINK SO..............:booze::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you are so focused on this full sized v. mid sized, do you have a link for the dimensions that determine that?

Hybrids make more sense. I am not sure our electrical grids are up to 260M cars being charged at the same time overnight when cellphone users won't even bother to unplug their charger when not in use

The same was said years ago when they realized that one phone per household or business was not going to work. Are you old enough to remember the jump in the number of phone lines people had? That infrastructure was expanded to meet the demand. So will the electrical grid. It is being expanded and upgraded now.

Shifting peak electric use to the night time hours based on all these solar expansion will really pay off :badgrin:

Update on tesla maintenance.

Tesla tires wear out in less than 35,000 miles when they are supposed to last for 90,000. Because of the weight. A new set of tires cost 2000 and tire manufacturers are no longer honoring warranties on teslas because they are not one of the big six auto companies. Do I hear death by a thousand cuts?

OK, show me the gaurantee for 90,000? And the ones most, that people like the best, are $845 a set.

Goodyear Eagle Touring for 2016 Tesla Model S 70D

Standard Tires | Tesla

Why is it you "Conservatives" continually lie about the car that has the most components made in America, and goes head on with any european luxury car on the market for performance and price? Do you really hate the idea of made in America that much?

I guess the guy in the tire shop doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. Are you really that conceited?

Do you even read what you link to?. It backs up everything I said with a slight difference in price. Less than 30,000 miles on a set of tires. And everyone wants an upgrade to Michelin 300 dollar tires that were supposed to come with car.

Why don't you research the problem instead of assuming that you are always right and anyone disagreeing with you is stupid. On this subject you are not credible.

Tires and wear... a little frustrated about it

Big rigs are ready to roll according to newspaper, I might buy one! Charge it with my rooftop solar panels and wall battery.

nobody wants electric cars........especially now after seeing Houston unfold!! Imagine those poor fuckers down there who own a ghey EV!!

In the US, less than 150,000 EV's were sold last year.........lol..........Ford sold almost 1 million F150 Trucks alone. Just F150's from Ford!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::spinner:

How about when the cars electric motor has been used for twenty years and is on it's last legs?

I wouldn't expect that to be a worry. A typical electric motor has just one moving part. It is much less complex than the simplest of internal combustion engines, with much less to go wrong with it. Given that it also has a much broader power band than an internal combustion engine, and is electrically-reversible, it doesn't need nearly as complex a transmission as an internal combustion engine.

Batteries really are the one big thing holding electric cars back. We do not have any battery technology that comes anywhere close to gasoline in terms of how much energy can be carried in a given weight and volume, and we cannot charge them at a rate that is anywhere near comparable to the rate of gasoline being pumped into a normal car. Batteries have a limited usable life,and on the scale required to power an electric car, are very costly.

If we ever overcome the limitations of battery technology, then I expect that internal-combustion-engined cars will very quickly become obsolete. I don't know that I will live to see this.

Oh, and being able to go from 0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds sounds badass more than it sounds gay.

Good for you.............but wouldn't apply to most people. The sales numbers bare that out...........its not even close.

By far, most people still prefer the BMW 5 series, the Benz E class and even the Genesis. Oh, and by the way.......

"So the Model S is sized like a midsize luxury sedan, and it's priced like one, too. Why doesn't anyone call the Model S a midsize luxury sedan?

Simple: because Tesla doesn't want them to.

Tesla has fought incredibly hard for media sources to consider the Model S a full-size luxury sedan, for one simple reason: Its sales numbers aren't as impressive if you compare it to more accurate rivals....."

ghey

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/the-tesla-model-s-is-absolutely-not-the-best-selling-luxury-sedan-in-america-258097

I am not worried about sale techniques or whatever. That has not been the topic.

Of course BMWs and Mercedes outsell the Tesla. Those are old and respected companies. Tesla has been around for less than a decade. The fact that Tesla is even in the discussion speaks highly of them.

Indeed..........for people who set the bar exceptionally low.:2up: Its like the people who go and beat their chests about solar energy growth and post the % increases which look real impressive at first look.........until they are looked at in comparison to other energy!! Then is becomes laughable.:boobies::boobies: After 20 years, solar energy is still a joke and will be for decades.( can post Obama EIA projections by request :bye1::bye1: )

Like any progressive argument..........always falls flat on its face when the ? is asked, "As compared to what?":up:

Forum List

Back