Durham: Five Hillary Clinton Associates Are Taking the Fifth in Russia Hoax Prosecution

You people need to make up your mind on whether taking the 5th is a big deal or not.

I do not know how you people even shave in the morning being so twofaced
I have no idea what you mean by it being a "big deal or not." People who aren't willing to testify in a big investigation are definitely a "big deal."

Yes, they are all guilty. Anyone that takes the 5th is guilty no matter which tribe they belong to.

You on board with that?

Not sure I would agree with that, some people may not actually be guilty of something illegal but otherwise something unethical or politically damaging to their boss or party. If nobody talks then nobody gets indicted or convicted. And yes, it matters not which side you're on or which side does it.

Anyone is allowed to take the fifth. To many it’s an admission of guilt. It’s not, it’s merely a way to stop legal fishing expeditions. After the events of the past several years where people were convicted of “process crimes” like lying to the FBI (when in at least one case the FBI agents doing the interviewing didn’t and stick don’t believe they were lied to), or obstructing congress (Whatever that means), everyone interviewed by any governmental agency should take the fifth and refuse to speak with a blanket immunity being issued.

I have no idea what you mean by it being a "big deal or not." People who aren't willing to testify in a big investigation are definitely a "big deal."

At least when they are Dems. When they are Repubs you bow down and worship them.

The walls are closing in, progs:

Five associates of Hillary Clinton and her campaign are invoking their Fifth Amendment rights and refusing to cooperate with Special Counsel John H. Durham, according a filing in federal court revealed later Friday in Washington, DC.
The revelation emerged in a motion filed by Durham to oppose the efforts of defendant Michael Sussmann and the Clinton campaign to withhold some documents from evidence by asserting attorney-client privilege.
Sussmann is charged with lying to the FBI in 2016 when he informed the FBI about a fraudulent link between then-candidate Donald Trump and the Russian government via Alfa Bank. Sussmann allegedly presented himself as a concerned citizen, and hid the fact that he was working for the Clinton campaign.
In the filing, Durham noted that while one witness, identified as “Researcher-2,” was granted immunity from prosecution in exchange for testimony, “at least five other witnesses who conducted work relating to the Russian Bank-1 allegations invoked (or indicated their intent to invoke) their right against self-incrimination.”
Legal scholar Jonathan Turley noted in a commentary on the filing:
[Durham] is now moving to give immunity to a key witness while revealing that the claims made by the Clinton campaign were viewed by the CIA as “not technically plausible” and “user created.” He also revealed that at least five of the former Clinton campaign contractors/researchers have invoked the Fifth Amendment and refused to cooperate in fear that they might incriminate themselves in criminal conduct.
Turley also noted that Durham’s filing “also detailed how the false Russian collusion claims related to Alfa Bank involved Clinton General Counsel Marc Elias and Christopher Steele.”
Steele is the former British spy who worked for opposition research firm Fusion GPS to produce the fraudulent Russia “dossier” that triggered government surveillance of the Trump campaign and the broader “Russia collusion”
It's just the smart thing to do, even for innocent people. Because it's just a political witch hunt, and anyone can indict a ham sandwich.

An expert named bripat9643 taught me all of that.

Not sure I would agree with that, some people may not actually be guilty of something illegal but otherwise something unethical or politically damaging to their boss or party. If nobody talks then nobody gets indicted or convicted. And yes, it matters not which side you're on or which side does it.

I agree 100%. Just seeing if I can get any of these to agree to treat their side the way they do the other.

The Russian hoax we identified quickly, Mueller and the hair on fire lib loons went to earths end to nail Trump with this fake bullshit and could not. When they did not they reverted to “you read Muellers words wrong”
Mueller showed contacts and collusion between the Trump campaign and Russians and showed obstruction of justice.

I.E., precisely what his republican-dictated mandate asked him to investigate.

Join us in reality, weirdo.

Mueller showed contacts and collusion between the Trump campaign and Russians and showed obstruction of justice.

I.E., precisely what his republican-dictated mandate asked him to investigate.

Join us in reality, weirdo.

"We applied the term coordination in that sense when stating in the report that the investigation did not establish that the Trump Campaign coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

Odd, the actually Mueller Report highlights that they didn't...the opposite of what you claim.

I agree 100%. Just seeing if I can get any of these to agree to treat their side the way they do the other.

Perhaps I am a little bit biased, I can admit that. But it is my opinion that the Right is far more interested in equal justice and treatment before the law that the Left is. That entire Russian Collusion thing was monstrous and nothing the Right has ever done comes close to matching that. From beginning to end it was totally fabricated and dishonest.

The walls are closing in, progs:

Five associates of Hillary Clinton and her campaign are invoking their Fifth Amendment rights and refusing to cooperate with Special Counsel John H. Durham, according a filing in federal court revealed later Friday in Washington, DC.
The revelation emerged in a motion filed by Durham to oppose the efforts of defendant Michael Sussmann and the Clinton campaign to withhold some documents from evidence by asserting attorney-client privilege.
Sussmann is charged with lying to the FBI in 2016 when he informed the FBI about a fraudulent link between then-candidate Donald Trump and the Russian government via Alfa Bank. Sussmann allegedly presented himself as a concerned citizen, and hid the fact that he was working for the Clinton campaign.
In the filing, Durham noted that while one witness, identified as “Researcher-2,” was granted immunity from prosecution in exchange for testimony, “at least five other witnesses who conducted work relating to the Russian Bank-1 allegations invoked (or indicated their intent to invoke) their right against self-incrimination.”
Legal scholar Jonathan Turley noted in a commentary on the filing:
[Durham] is now moving to give immunity to a key witness while revealing that the claims made by the Clinton campaign were viewed by the CIA as “not technically plausible” and “user created.” He also revealed that at least five of the former Clinton campaign contractors/researchers have invoked the Fifth Amendment and refused to cooperate in fear that they might incriminate themselves in criminal conduct.
Turley also noted that Durham’s filing “also detailed how the false Russian collusion claims related to Alfa Bank involved Clinton General Counsel Marc Elias and Christopher Steele.”
Steele is the former British spy who worked for opposition research firm Fusion GPS to produce the fraudulent Russia “dossier” that triggered government surveillance of the Trump campaign and the broader “Russia collusion”
Wow, how many people will the DNC owned DOJ and FBI have to excuse this time?

Forum List

Back