Donald Trump thinks SNL is rigging the election and should be canceled

No that's not facetious at all. It's amplifying your point with context.
If it weren't for mass media ---- Rump would not exist. He would technically exist but no one would know or care who the hell he is.
Well, if it helps...I don't care who he is.

I would have voted for John Kasich, or Chris Christy.

I can't vote for Trump

It helps on an individual basis. But the masses of the Great Unwashed just stare blankly at their Telescreen and do whatever it tells them to do. Were it not for them, Rump, and fake wresting, and people walking around naked on an island, and camera trucks following adulterers around ---- none of that shit would exist.
I think it's easy to demonize people who appear to be lazy towards their civic duties.

Most people I know who aren't political junkies are either too busy, or just have other stuff going on.

It's a huge investment of time to understand the issues, because "understanding" them won't happen if you get your information from CNN, Fox News, or MSNBC. For busy parents with kids, I think that's too much to expect.

Thus the term "leadership"...but yeah, that gets regularly co-opted by the "media-political complex"

"Great Unwashed" isn't meant to demonize. But I will admit to a short fuse for what I call Intellectual Sloth.

There's a massive amount of info thrown at all of us, more than ever before. So not knowing the distinction between A and B, and therefore having no opinion for lack of info, is perfectly understandable. That's one level. That's neutral. But to suddenly jump up and go "I'll pick that one because I've heard of her" or "I'll pick this one because I've seen him on WWE and he has a reality show" is far far worse. That's destructive.

It's all about critical thinking skills, which if they were more widespread would starve off Vast Wasteland hucksters selling us people stranded on an island forced to eat bugs and celebrity gossip "exposé" shows, and Donald Rump. None of them would sell if the Unwashed would get up off their cerebral ass and say "you know what --- this is stupid" and quit being hypnotized by the whole charade and just turn it off and reject it.

I mean for shit's sake, read a book, have a real conversation, play some music, create some art, make a craft, travel somewhere, learn a language, teach a language, help the needy, find a hobby, do something besides act as an obedient passive sponge who follows whatever orders the Telescreen decrees.
Interesting you should mention your disdain for political decisions made by virtue of a WWE appearance.....because Politics in the US is more and more like sporting events every year.

An Auburn fan is as likely to yell "roll tide" at the big game, as a Trump supporter is to thoughtfully consider Hillary's justifications for the Iran Nuclear Deal.

A USC fan is as likely to yell "Go Bruins" during a USC/UCLA game as a Hillary supporter is to objectively consider whether or not Donald Trump never assaulted any women.

MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN have reinforced this trend
really interesting indeed

No that's not facetious at all. It's amplifying your point with context.
If it weren't for mass media ---- Rump would not exist. He would technically exist but no one would know or care who the hell he is.

I can't vote for Trump

It helps on an individual basis. But the masses of the Great Unwashed just stare blankly at their Telescreen and do whatever it tells them to do. Were it not for them, Rump, and fake wresting, and people walking around naked on an island, and camera trucks following adulterers around ---- none of that shit would exist.
I think it's easy to demonize people who appear to be lazy towards their civic duties.

Most people I know who aren't political junkies are either too busy, or just have other stuff going on.

It's a huge investment of time to understand the issues, because "understanding" them won't happen if you get your information from CNN, Fox News, or MSNBC. For busy parents with kids, I think that's too much to expect.

Thus the term "leadership"...but yeah, that gets regularly co-opted by the "media-political complex"

"Great Unwashed" isn't meant to demonize. But I will admit to a short fuse for what I call Intellectual Sloth.

There's a massive amount of info thrown at all of us, more than ever before. So not knowing the distinction between A and B, and therefore having no opinion for lack of info, is perfectly understandable. That's one level. That's neutral. But to suddenly jump up and go "I'll pick that one because I've heard of her" or "I'll pick this one because I've seen him on WWE and he has a reality show" is far far worse. That's destructive.

It's all about critical thinking skills, which if they were more widespread would starve off Vast Wasteland hucksters selling us people stranded on an island forced to eat bugs and celebrity gossip "exposé" shows, and Donald Rump. None of them would sell if the Unwashed would get up off their cerebral ass and say "you know what --- this is stupid" and quit being hypnotized by the whole charade and just turn it off and reject it.

I mean for shit's sake, read a book, have a real conversation, play some music, create some art, make a craft, travel somewhere, learn a language, teach a language, help the needy, find a hobby, do something besides act as an obedient passive sponge who follows whatever orders the Telescreen decrees.
Interesting you should mention your disdain for political decisions made by virtue of a WWE appearance.....because Politics in the US is more and more like sporting events every year.

An Auburn fan is as likely to yell "roll tide" at the big game, as a Trump supporter is to thoughtfully consider Hillary's justifications for the Iran Nuclear Deal.

A USC fan is as likely to yell "Go Bruins" during a USC/UCLA game as a Hillary supporter is to objectively consider whether or not Donald Trump never assaulted any women.

Agree with all of that, except that I don't see the connection with college sports. :dunno:

I've noted for some time that we don't elect a candidate but rather, we buy a product. Even the so-called political pundits freely toss around terms like "the Trump brand". And there is no possible way that kind of value system can be anything but insidious.

I can't vote for Trump

Agree with all of that, except that I don't see the connection with college sports. :dunno:

I've noted for some time that we don't elect a candidate but rather, we buy a product. Even the so-called political pundits freely toss around terms like "the Trump brand". And there is no possible way that kind of value system can be anything but insidious.
At some point, the American voter has to accept responsibility for the creation of that market

At some point, the American voter has to accept responsibility for the creation of that market

Zackly my point all along, thangyew :beer:

If anyone was in doubt of dumphf's sanity and full blown kookishness wonder no more.

Donald Trump thinks that even "Saturday Night Live" is part of a media conspiracy to bring down his presidential candidacy.
Saturday night, SNL opened with a mocking reenactment of the second presidential debate. The parody included the moderators taking shots, a kung fu style greeting between Trump and Hillary Clinton and an ode to town hall questioner -- and 15-minute celebrity -- Ken Bone.

But the biggest laughs came from Alec Baldwin's portrayal of a stalking, lewd, deceptive Trump. The live SNL audience was cracking up, but apparently the real Trump wasn't.

In a tweet, the Republican nominee said that Baldwin's portrayal "stinks." He also called on NBC to end its "boring and unfunny" show. And he said that SNL was trying to rig the election against him.

Donald Trump thinks SNL is rigging the election and should be canceled
ONLY idiots believe this bs.
Really?, As someone from NYC we know all about this clown for years and decades , he is a conman, a clown and buffoon., but he managed to scam the uneducated rubes in flyover country, that is his art of the deal
los angeles is better

Forum List

Back