Zone1 Does God the Father have a body of flesh and bones the same as Jesus Christ?

In our progression through eternity and in Jesus' progression through eternity, Jesus as well as all of us are to receive an eternal resurrected body of flesh and bones. If this is important in the eternal progression of things, would not God the Father also have a body of flesh and bones?

Revelation 1:18
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

In this verse we learn that the body of Jesus was once dead but now it is alive forever more. Thus Jesus will retain his immortal body forever and ever. Receiving an immortal resurrected body of flesh and bones is an eternal state with Jesus and will be for all of us on earth. If it is so with Jesus and all of us, would not the Father also have a body of flesh and bones?

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

If the resurrected and glorified Jesus has the brightness of the glory of the Father and is the express image of his person. I would think that God the Father also has a body of flesh and bones the same as Jesus has. Being the express image of the Father would indicate such. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the prophet Joseph Smith received the following revelation:

Doctrine and Covenants 130:22-23
22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.
23 A man may receive the Holy Ghost, and it may descend upon him and not tarry with him.

This I believe is the case with our Heavenly Father. Another revelation to the prophet Joseph Smith states the following:

Doctrine and Covenants 93:33-34
33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;
34 And when separated, man cannot receive a fulness of joy.

Here we believe that the joining of spirit and element can bring us a fulness of joy. For this reason I believe the resurrection of all mankind will occur and the eternal union of our spirits with our immortal bodies will bring us infinite joy. Even the wicked upon this earth will receive the blessing of immortal resurrection. However, those who rebelled in the premortal existence, ie Satan and his followers will be denied forever the opportunity of receiving a resurrected body of flesh and bones. In this way we become more like our Father in Heaven and our Lord Jesus Christ.

We believe that the Holy Ghost must remain a spirit while fulfilling his mission on the earth. We believe he will eventually receive a body of flesh and bones and receive the eternal joy that we all will receive by receiving a body and live immortally with that body just like the rest of us.

I never realized just how crazy the Mormons are. Much worse than I ever imagined.

I never realized just how crazy the Mormons are. Much worse than I ever imagined.
If the resurrected Jesus has a body of flesh and bones and is considered to be the express image of the Father, how is that crazy to believe that Father himself has a body of flesh and bones? From all your posts, I would say you are the crazy one. Your preterist ideas are the craziest things I've read on this site.

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Last edited:
If the resurrected Jesus has a body of flesh and bones and is considered to be the express image of the Father, how is that crazy to believe that Father himself has a body of flesh and bones? From all your posts, I would say you are the crazy one. Your preterist ideas are the craziest things I've read on this site.

My faith wasn't invented in 1830 by a crackpot. Joseph Smith wrote the book of the Mormon.

In our progression through eternity and in Jesus' progression through eternity, Jesus as well as all of us are to receive an eternal resurrected body of flesh and bones. If this is important in the eternal progression of things, would not God the Father also have a body of flesh and bones?

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

In this verse we learn that the body of Jesus was once dead but now it is alive forever more. Thus Jesus will retain his immortal body forever and ever. Receiving an immortal resurrected body of flesh and bones is an eternal state with Jesus and will be for all of us on earth. If it is so with Jesus and all of us, would not the Father also have a body of flesh and bones?

If the resurrected and glorified Jesus has the brightness of the glory of the Father and is the express image of his person. I would think that God the Father also has a body of flesh and bones the same as Jesus has. Being the express image of the Father would indicate such. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the prophet Joseph Smith received the following revelation:

22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.
23 A man may receive the Holy Ghost, and it may descend upon him and not tarry with him.

This I believe is the case with our Heavenly Father. Another revelation to the prophet Joseph Smith states the following:

33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;

Here we believe that the joining of spirit and element can bring us a fulness of joy. For this reason I believe the resurrection of all mankind will occur and the eternal union of our spirits with our immortal bodies will bring us infinite joy. Even the wicked upon this earth will receive the blessing of immortal resurrection. However, those who rebelled in the premortal existence, ie Satan and his followers will be denied forever the opportunity of receiving a resurrected body of flesh and bones. In this way we become more like our Father in Heaven and our Lord Jesus Christ.

We believe that the Holy Ghost must remain a spirit while fulfilling his mission on the earth. We believe he will eventually receive a body of flesh and bones and receive the eternal joy that we all will receive by receiving a body and live immortally with that body just like the rest of us.
Why you asking a bored board ?
New King James Version
And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.

God can have a body of flesh any times he wants to and not have one any time he want to because He is....God!

Garden was a mistranslation of where the safe and OK area was .( to avoid germ and bacteria infection )

In fact

The laboratory where the DNA altered test rats were ? .

Garden was a mistranslation of where the safe and OK area was .( to avoid germ and bacteria infection )

In fact

The laboratory where the DNA altered test rats were ? .
Somewhat. Delve deep and ,in fact, Adam was not the first 2 legged critter.

Why you asking a bored board ?
New King James Version
And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.
Yes. And that type of language is all through the scriptures. Just look at the verse I posted above.

How can you sit down on the right hand of God if he doesn't have a hand. He walks, he talks, he breathes, he sits on a throne, he has a right hand and we are made in his image and likeness, Jesus is the express image of the Father after being resurrected, etc., etc.

Last edited:
God can have a body of flesh any times he wants to and not have one any time he want to because He is....God!
Not if his body is immortal like Jesus' body is immortal and all our bodies will be immortal upon resurrection.

Spirit form and human form are similar, yet very different in many ways. God, on earth, sitting with Abraham had a nose , mouth, throat, a voice box, hands, a butt to sit on. He could see, swallow, talk, laugh, walk... and still be a spirit.
We know that from the glimpse we are given of Abraham's Bosom, and Hell. Those there were recognizable even without the clay exterior. They could think, they spoke, had tongues, memories, felt pain, and felt remorse and had, having reached that location in their lives, moved on to the eternal stage of their destiny.
We are made in God's image. We are eternal beings. This short segment of our lives is merely basic training....
Well, was that God the Father or Jehovah, the Son that appeared to Abraham? If it was God the Father, he already has a glorified human body of flesh and bone. If it was Jehovah, the Son, He did not have a body of flesh and bone yet. So, this shows that our spirit bodies are much like our earthly physical bodies but of much finer materials. But, has the Son of God, He was able to manifest His spirit like a person of flesh and bone.

The Apostle declares that the bodies of those living at the last "trump"..........will change in the twinkling of an eye. (1 Cor. 15: 50-58) In fact the same Apostle of Christ states very clearly that "Flesh and blood" cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. (Vs. 50) The old body that was constructed to perish will give way to a spiritual body designed for eternity, the perishable shall not inherit the imperishable.

The second coming of the Christ shall not be silent.......but accompanied with the sound of a Trump that all ears shall hear (Vs.52) the dead shall be raised with the quick (living) at the sound will be changed from a perishable body to that of an imperishable body

Its true that Jesus Body never saw "corruption" (was not left in the grave to decay), His body was resurrected after 3 days as per the prohecies and confirmed in Acts 1 and 2. The difference between Jesus and Christians? Jesus lived without sin, no man on earth has ever lived a perfect sin free live (God cannot look upon sin, it's through Jesus perfect life and sacrifice that man's soul can find redemption by Grace. .......it is the Spirit of Man that Jesus came to preach to and save not his flesh (John 6:26-27).

The Apostle declares that the bodies of those living at the last "trump"..........will change in the twinkling of an eye. (1 Cor. 15: 50-58) In fact the same Apostle of Christ states very clearly that "Flesh and blood" cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. (Vs. 50) The old body that was constructed to perish will give way to a spiritual body designed for eternity, the perishable shall not inherit the imperishable.
Paul does teach that "flesh and blood" cannot inherit the kingdom of God. What you need to understand is that a resurrected being does not have blood running in their veins. The term "flesh and blood" refers to mortal man. Mortal man has blood which sustains its life. Immortal man does not have blood. However, immortal man does retain flesh. We know this by the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Here we see that the resurrected immortal Jesus has a body of flesh and bones. He didn't have blood but he did have flesh and bones. At his second coming, there will be those whose mortal bodies with blood will be changed in the twinkling of an eye and they will be changed from mortal to immortal beings and not have blood anymore. But they will have immortal bodies like Jesus has which are made up of flesh and bones.
The second coming of the Christ shall not be silent.......but accompanied with the sound of a Trump that all ears shall hear (Vs.52) the dead shall be raised with the quick (living) at the sound will be changed from a perishable body to that of an imperishable body

Its true that Jesus Body never saw "corruption" (was not left in the grave to decay), His body was resurrected after 3 days as per the prohecies and confirmed in Acts 1 and 2. The difference between Jesus and Christians? Jesus lived without sin, no man on earth has ever lived a perfect sin free live (God cannot look upon sin, it's through Jesus perfect life and sacrifice that man's soul can find redemption by Grace. .......it is the Spirit of Man that Jesus came to preach to and save not his flesh (John 6:26-27).
When man resurrects they will receive the same resurrection as our Lord Jesus and receive a body of flesh and bones but with no blood. The prophet Job understood this concept and taught:

Job 19:25-26
25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

In our progression through eternity and in Jesus' progression through eternity, Jesus as well as all of us are to receive an eternal resurrected body of flesh and bones
No, we won't. Humans won't spend eternity "in the flesh." Only your cult believes this nonsense.

Read Revelation and see what Jesus looks like today. Yes, they have a form (human shape), but they are not human

No, we won't. Humans won't spend eternity "in the flesh." Only your cult believes this nonsense.

Read Revelation and see what Jesus looks like today. Yes, they have a form (human shape), but they are not human

show me where in Revelation it says we will not be resurrected to a body of flesh and bones.

Forum List

Back