Zone1 Does God the Father have a body of flesh and bones the same as Jesus Christ?

First time I've ever "heard" that.
There's no doctrinal statement made in scripture as well. But, truth is reason what logical reason is there that a god so large that he fills the universe and yet so small he can dwell in all our hearts at the same time? And, as I mentioned, floated around without any physical matter anywhere for ions then all of a sudden poof! There's the universe. It's as illogical as the atheist scientist saying there was nothing and then poof! Here's the universe! Personally both Judeo-Christian-Muslim miss the mark as well ais necessary s atheists. To think that all the matter and energy in the universe was once a singularity of infinite smallness is just plain redundant. If they want to say it was all in a black hole of immense size, that would be more believable. But, where did that come from? Who made it? What made it? Same with the idea a "matterless" god created matter out of nothing. So, the only other explanation is that at some point, an intelligence got the whole thing going. Eventually, one of the intelligences was able to gain full control of all matter-energy and organized universes. Soon, all knowledge of good wisdom and knowledge was known and the good had all power and authority and passed it on to those who gained the same level of authority, knowledge and perfect good and has been going on for ions or we are the second one. Don't know. Thus, there is a purpose for this universe and for us as children of our Father and Mother in Heaven. And, through the right faith, we can now what is necessary for us to progress and receive our mansion (universe).

In our progression through eternity and in Jesus' progression through eternity, Jesus as well as all of us are to receive an eternal resurrected body of flesh and bones. If this is important in the eternal progression of things, would not God the Father also have a body of flesh and bones?

Revelation 1:18
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

In this verse we learn that the body of Jesus was once dead but now it is alive forever more. Thus Jesus will retain his immortal body forever and ever. Receiving an immortal resurrected body of flesh and bones is an eternal state with Jesus and will be for all of us on earth. If it is so with Jesus and all of us, would not the Father also have a body of flesh and bones?

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

If the resurrected and glorified Jesus has the brightness of the glory of the Father and is the express image of his person. I would think that God the Father also has a body of flesh and bones the same as Jesus has. Being the express image of the Father would indicate such. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the prophet Joseph Smith received the following revelation:

Doctrine and Covenants 130:22-23
22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.
23 A man may receive the Holy Ghost, and it may descend upon him and not tarry with him.

This I believe is the case with our Heavenly Father. Another revelation to the prophet Joseph Smith states the following:

Doctrine and Covenants 93:33-34
33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;
34 And when separated, man cannot receive a fulness of joy.

Here we believe that the joining of spirit and element can bring us a fulness of joy. For this reason I believe the resurrection of all mankind will occur and the eternal union of our spirits with our immortal bodies will bring us infinite joy. Even the wicked upon this earth will receive the blessing of immortal resurrection. However, those who rebelled in the premortal existence, ie Satan and his followers will be denied forever the opportunity of receiving a resurrected body of flesh and bones. In this way we become more like our Father in Heaven and our Lord Jesus Christ.

We believe that the Holy Ghost must remain a spirit while fulfilling his mission on the earth. We believe he will eventually receive a body of flesh and bones and receive the eternal joy that we all will receive by receiving a body and live immortally with that body just like the rest of us.
Its a difficult thing to adhere to any Mormon doctrine when one actually knows the history behind such a cult. How the book of Mormon has changed over the years and re-re-re-translated to adapt to modern culture.

Example: Mormons on the dark skinned races of earth. Originally the book of Mormon declared that some races such as the Negro race and the native American races had darker skin tones because God had cursed them because of SIN. But according to the book of 2 Nephi 30:6 if these people repented and became Mormons their skin would become WHITE, "they would become White and delightful people." Clearly inferring that the White Race is the superior purer race.

This passage has sense been re-translated to declare and delete the WHITE and replace white with a pure and delightful peoples.

More lies promoted by Joseph Smith? How about declaring that the moon was populated with peoples that looked and dressed much like the Quakers on earth, the people stood about 6 ft. tall, the men worn simple clothings with vests and women wore long dresses, capes and a head bonnet. This nonsense is documented in the "Journal of Discourses 13:271" (the journal of discourse is a 26 volume of books containing the sermons preached by the early Mormon church) and in the Mormons "Young Woman's Journal 1892 3:263" and has existed as originally stated as far back as 1837, the Young Woman's Journal was a series of magazines published from the 1890s until around 1929.

Yeah...........no Mormon propaganda for me.

Its a difficult thing to adhere to any Mormon doctrine when one actually knows the history behind such a cult. How the book of Mormon has changed over the years and re-re-re-translated to adapt to modern culture.

Example: Mormons on the dark skinned races of earth. Originally the book of Mormon declared that some races such as the Negro race and the native American races had darker skin tones because God had cursed them because of SIN. But according to the book of 2 Nephi 30:6 if these people repented and became Mormons their skin would become WHITE, "they would become White and delightful people." Clearly inferring that the White Race is the superior purer race.

This passage has sense been re-translated to declare and delete the WHITE and replace white with a pure and delightful peoples.

More lies promoted by Joseph Smith? How about declaring that the moon was populated with peoples that looked and dressed much like the Quakers on earth, the people stood about 6 ft. tall, the men worn simple clothings with vests and women wore long dresses, capes and a head bonnet. This nonsense is documented in the "Journal of Discourses 13:271" (the journal of discourse is a 26 volume of books containing the sermons preached by the early Mormon church) and in the Mormons "Young Woman's Journal 1892 3:263" and has existed as originally stated as far back as 1837, the Young Woman's Journal was a series of magazines published from the 1890s until around 1929.

Here is the text to the Journal of Discourses 13:171

“fanatic” is not applied to professors of religion only. How was it with Dr. Morse, when shut up in the attic of an old building in Baltimore for more than a year, with a little wire stretched round the room, experimenting upon it with his battery, he told a friend that by means of that he could sit there and talk to Congress in Washington? Was he not considered a fanatic, and wild, and crazy? Certainly he was; and so it was with Robert Fulton, when he was conducting his experiments with steam and endeavoring to apply it so as to propel a vessel through the water. And all great discoverers in art, science, or mechanism have been denounced as fanatics and crazy; and it has been declared by their contemporaries that they did not know what they were saying, and they were thought to be almost as wild and incoherent as the generality of the people now think George Francis Train to be.I will tell you who the real fanatics are: they are they who adopt false principles and ideas as facts, and try to establish a superstructure upon a false foundation. They are the fanatics; and however ardent and zealous they may be, they may reason or argue on false premises till doomsday, and the result will be false. If our religion is of this character we want to know it; we would like to find a philosopher who can prove it to us. We are called ignorant; so we are: but what of it? Are not all ignorant? I rather think so. Who can tell us of the inhabitants of this little planet that shines of an evening, called the moon? When we view its face we may see what is termed “the man in the moon,” and what some philosophers declare are the shadows of mountains. But these sayings are very vague, and amount to nothing; and when you inquire about the inhabitants of that sphere you find that the most learned are as ignorant in regard to them as the most ignorant of their fellows. So it is with regard to the inhabitants of the sun. Do you think it is inhabited? I rather think it is. Do you think there is any life there? No question of it; it was not made in vain. It was made to give light to those who dwell upon it, and to other planets; and so will this earth when it is celestialized. Every planet in its first rude, organic state receives not the glory of God upon it, but is opaque; but when celestialized, every planet that God brings into existence is a body of light, but not till then. Christ is the light of this planet. God gives light to our eyes. Did you ever think who gave you the power of seeing? Who organized these little globules in our heads, and formed the nerves running to the brain, and gave us the power of distinguishing a circle from a square, an upright from a level, large from small, white from black, brown from gray, and so on? Did you acquire this faculty by your own power? Did any of you impart this power to me or I to you? Not at all. Then where did we get it from? From a superior Being. When I think of these few little things with regard to the organization of the earth and the people of the earth, how curious and how singular it is! And yet how harmonious and beautiful are Nature's laws! And the work of God goes forward, and who can hinder it, or who can stay His hand now that He has commenced His kingdom? This brings us right back to this Gospel. God has commenced His kingdom on the earth. How intricate it is, and how difficult for a man to understand if he be not enlightened by the Spirit of God! How can we understand it? O, we have nothing.
source: The Gospel—The One-Man Power, by Brigham Young (Journal of Discourses 13:268-274)

Not seeing anything about men and women on the moon in the Journal of Discourses. Your anti-mormon source must be in error.

Last edited:

Regarding the change in the Book of Mormon from "white" to "pure", the church states the following:

In order to present the word of God as accurately as possible, a number of corrections have been made in the text itself, primarily in the Book of Mormon. Most students of latter-day scriptures are aware that from the very first printing typographical errors have crept into the Book of Mormon. For example, the Missionary Department recently received a letter from a missionary couple who, in studying the scriptures together, had noticed that one of the words in the husband’s copy of the Book of Mormon was different from the word in his wife’s copy. In checking this discrepancy further, they determined that the husband’s copy had been printed in the 1940s, whereas the copy the wife had been reading was printed during the 1960s. (For an interesting discussion of errors in the Book of Mormon, see Ensign, Sept. 1976, pp. 77–82.)

The Prophet himself attempted to correct some of these kinds of errors, but his many duties prevented him from completing the project; and even so, some of his corrections seem to have disappeared again in later editions. For example, the 1830 and 1837 printings of the Book of Mormon contained a prophecy that the Lamanites would one day become “a white and delightsome people” (2 Ne. 30:6).

In the 1840 printing, which the Prophet edited, this passage was changed to read “a pure and delightsome people,” but for some reason later printings reverted to the original wording.

When we consider the primitive conditions under which early editions of latter-day scriptures were printed, it is easy to understand how such errors arose and were perpetuated. It is not surprising, therefore, that about two hundred of these kinds of errors that have been identified in the Book of Mormon alone have now been corrected.

source: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org...h-publishes-a-new-triple-combination?lang=eng

Regarding the change in the Book of Mormon from "white" to "pure", the church states the following:

source: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org...h-publishes-a-new-triple-combination?lang=eng
Truth does not change/evolve. What was true in the 1st century is just as true today. Mormonism is a cult that was established almost 2 millennium after "ALL FAITH WAS ONCE DELIVERED BY THE SAINTS (of the 1st century)" (Jude 3)

The Aposltes of Christ and the record they left behind (2 Peter 1:12-16) was sufficient to deliver to us (the Christian) ".....everything that pertains to life and godliness through the knowledge of Him that has called us to to glory and virtue." (2 Peter 1:3)

Its a most difficult thing to accept NEW DOCTRINE in relation to a faith (Christianity) that was ONCE FOR ALL delivered by the saints over 2000 years ago according to the Holy Spirit of God. As "all scripture is given by inspiration of God...... and profitable as doctrine, instruction, correction in order make the worship of Christ perfect...i.e., righteous in the eyes of God) -- 2:Tim. 3:16-17.

I have read the inspired record of the N.T. and I find no book of Mormon or a single passage concering Saint Joseph Smith.

There are no modern day Apostles because there are none alive today that meets the pre-requisites required of an Apostle of Christ. 1. Christ picked the Aposltes by hand. 2. An Apostle of Christ must have witnessed the works of Chirst on earth 3. An Apostle had to be a personal witness to the resurrection of Jesus.

The qualifications were made known in the book of acts of what was required to replace an Aposlte of Christ (when Judas was replaced). "Wherefore of these men which have accompanied us (the apostles) all the time the Lord (Jesus) went in and out among us (the apostles). Beginning from the baptism of John (John the Baptist), unto that same day He was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of His resurrection." Acts 1:21-22

How many Mormons Apostles actually walked in and out among the other 12 Apostles of Christ? 0. How many were around to witness the resurrection of Jesus? 0 Which Begs to ask the question? What? Are the modern Mormon Apostles claiming to be one born out of time as was the Apostle to the Gentiles .....Paul? Did the Christ come down from Heaven as a blinding light and hand pick the modern Mormon Apostles of Christ? Who lifted the scales from their eyes?

Better yet......were are signs and wonders preformed by an Apostle of Christ? Where are the dead that were raised, the lame made to walk, the blind to see, how many Mormons can walk on water?

Show me the signs of a true Apostle and I will join your cult today.

Last edited:
God does have a sense of humor is he created our human knees...
Fortunately, he created knee surgeons as well, and I had one who replaced my knee a couple of years ago, or was it last year? Yep, Early Spring last year. It's rough at first, but with physical therapy for a few weeks later, you heal and regain your life back from pain and misery of a knee that got worn out. :thup:

Truth does not change/evolve. What was true in the 1st century is just as true today. Mormonism is a cult that was established almost 2 millennium after "ALL FAITH WAS ONCE DELIVERED BY THE SAINTS (of the 1st century)" (Jude 3)

The Aposltes of Christ and the record they left behind (2 Peter 1:12-16) was sufficient to deliver to us (the Christian) ".....everything that pertains to life and godliness through the knowledge of Him that has called us to to glory and virtue." (2 Peter 1:3)

Its a most difficult thing to accept NEW DOCTRINE in relation to a faith (Christianity) that was ONCE FOR ALL delivered by the saints over 2000 years ago according to the Holy Spirit of God. As "all scripture is given by inspiration of God...... and profitable as doctrine, instruction, correction in order make the worship of Christ perfect...i.e., righteous in the eyes of God) -- 2:Tim. 3:16-17.

I have read the inspired record of the N.T. and I find no book of Mormon or a single passage concering Saint Joseph Smith.

There are no modern day Apostles because there are none alive today that meets the pre-requisites required of an Apostle of Christ. 1. Christ picked the Aposltes by hand. 2. An Apostle of Christ must have witnessed the works of Chirst on earth 3. An Apostle had to be a personal witness to the resurrection of Jesus.

The qualifications were made known in the book of acts of what was required to replace an Aposlte of Christ (when Judas was replaced). "Wherefore of these men which have accompanied us (the apostles) all the time the Lord (Jesus) went in and out among us (the apostles). Beginning from the baptism of John (John the Baptist), unto that same day He was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of His resurrection." Acts 1:21-22

How many Mormons Apostles actually walked in and out among the other 12 Apostles of Christ? 0. How many were around to witness the resurrection of Jesus? 0 Which Begs to ask the question? What? Are the modern Mormon Apostles claiming to be one born out of time as was the Apostle to the Gentiles .....Paul? Did the Christ come down from Heaven as a blinding light and hand pick the modern Mormon Apostles of Christ? Who lifted the scales from their eyes?

Better yet......were are signs and wonders preformed by an Apostle of Christ? Where are the dead that were raised, the lame made to walk, the blind to see, how many Mormons can walk on water?

Show me the signs of a true Apostle and I will join your cult today.
We don't teach that truth has changed. That is your opinion. We believe that the truth that was given in time of Jesus Christ needed to be restored due to a earth wide apostasy from Jesus true church. The prophet Amos prophesied the following:

Amos 8:11-12
11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:
12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.

This prophesy by Amos tells of a great apostasy that would occur in the future where you couldn't hear the true words of the Lord. We believe that this prophesy was fulfilled shortly after the Apostles of the Lord were killed and much of the gospel was changed. We believe the church that Jesus established fell into this prophesied apostasy near the 1st century A.D. John in is book of Revelation spoke of this great apostasy saying:

Revelation 13:7
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

John, speaking of the devil, tells us that the devil will overcome the saints, who are the members of his church, and will have power given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

But God was not leave us in a state of apostasy but was to bring about a restoration of his church in the last days. The apostle Peter tells us the following:

Acts 3:20–21
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Here Peter is telling us that there will be a restitution (restoration) of all things. You only need a restitution (restoration) if things have been lost. This restitution (restoration) was necessary because of the great apostasy from the church Jesus established when he came upon the earth for the first time. We believe that God the Father and Jesus Christ restored the true church on the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith. The teachings we have today are not new truths but restored truths that were once part of the church Jesus established upon the earth during his ministry upon the earth. Jesus spoke of other sheep which were not of this fold (the Jews whom he preached to).

John 10:16
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Part of these "other sheep" we believe were part of the house of Israel that were led away and became the lost tribes of Israel. the Book of Mormon is a record of some of these "other sheep" which were led away in Old Testament times. We believe the following from the Bible is a prophesy of the Book of Mormon.

Ezekiel 37:16–17
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

We believe the stick of Ephraim is the Book of Mormon. In the church that has been restored, these two sticks, ie the Bible and Book of Mormon, have come together and have become on in our hands.

So none of these truths are new but are a restoration of things that existed in the New Testament church that Jesus established.

Fortunately, he created knee surgeons as well, and I had one who replaced my knee a couple of years ago, or was it last year? Yep, Early Spring last year. It's rough at first, but with physical therapy for a few weeks later, you heal and regain your life back from pain and misery of a knee that got worn out. :thup:
Ya, but can you throw karate and Kung Fu kicks?

Since we are able to have bodies of flesh and bones as well as resurrected beings, this has enabled us to have a way of detecting evil spirits who might pretend to be from God and come to deceive you. On this subject, the prophet Joseph Smith received following revelation.

Doctrine and Covenants 129

SECTION 129

Instructions given by Joseph Smith the Prophet, at Nauvoo, Illinois, February 9, 1843, making known three grand keys by which the correct nature of ministering angels and spirits may be distinguished.

1–3, There are both resurrected and spirit bodies in heaven; 4–9, Keys are given whereby messengers from beyond the veil may be identified.

1 There are two kinds of beings in heaven, namely: Angels, who are resurrected personages, having bodies of flesh and bones—
2 For instance, Jesus said: Handle me and see, for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
3 Secondly: the spirits of just men made perfect, they who are not resurrected, but inherit the same glory.
4 When a messenger comes saying he has a message from God, offer him your hand and request him to shake hands with you.
5 If he be an angel he will do so, and you will feel his hand.
6 If he be the spirit of a just man made perfect he will come in his glory; for that is the only way he can appear—
7 Ask him to shake hands with you, but he will not move, because it is contrary to the order of heaven for a just man to deceive; but he will still deliver his message.
8 If it be the devil as an angel of light, when you ask him to shake hands he will offer you his hand, and you will not feel anything; you may therefore detect him.
9 These are three grand keys whereby you may know whether any administration is from God.

So if you receive a vision or visitation from a God or the devil, offer to shake hands with the being that appears before you. If they try to shake your hand and you don't feel it, you may know of a surety that it is from the devil.

Maybe The Father is really the same guy as the Son. After all, Christ said, "See Me see the Father. Joseph Smith saw 2 identical forms.

Maybe The Father is really the same guy as the Son. After all, Christ said, "See Me see the Father. Joseph Smith saw 2 identical forms.
Maybe "Jesus" explained that Spirits do not have flesh and bones. (Luke 24:39) and the Father is a Spirit and one must worship Him in Spirit and Truth (John 4:23-24). MAYBE Joseph Smith was a con man and parroted a great deal of the supposed inspired Book of Mormon directly from the middle age English translation (King James Version) of a pre-existing text.....even the errors of transmission that have been demonstrated to be mistakes made by those who translated the KJ Bible. Strange......no?

Why would God (who is not the author of confusion -- 1 Cor. 14:33) supposedly inspire Joesph Smith to record a modern supposedly inspired by God translation into a dead language instead of simply having Smith translate the text into modern American English that existed in the early 19th century? God who created the World......is not capable of inspiring His prophets in their native toungue? :icon_rolleyes::45: And why would God allow the man made mistakes to be included in the Book of Mormon?

Last edited:
Maybe "Jesus" explained that Spirits do not have flesh and bones. (Luke 24:39) and the Father is a Spirit and one must worship Him in Spirit and Truth (John 4:23-24). MAYBE Joseph Smith was a con man and parroted a great deal of the supposed inspired Book of Mormon directly from the middle age English translation (King James Version) of a pre-existing text.....even the errors of transmission that have been demonstrated to be mistakes made by those who translated the KJ Bible. Strange......no?

Why would God (who is not the author of confusion -- 1 Cor. 14:33) supposedly inspire Joesph Smith to record a modern supposedly inspired by God translation into a dead language instead of simply having Smith translate the text into modern American English that existed in the early 19th century? God who created the World......is not capable of inspiring His prophets in their native toungue? :icon_rolleyes::45: And why would God allow the man made mistakes to be included in the Book of Mormon?

MAYBE not. In Luke 24 some of the disciples of Jesus thought that they had seen only a spirit and not a Christ with flesh and bones. Jesus clarifies that he is a being with flesh and bones and not just a spirit. Did this mean that Jesus didn't have a spirit anymore? NO! He was simply telling them that he was resurrected and as a resurrected being he had a body of flesh and bones as all resurrected beings will have. Resurrection is the uniting of body with spirit to never die again and become immortal. The spirit lives on and is immortal. It is the body that is risen from death to once again be joined to the spirit to be immortal as well. So none of us would be devoid of our spirit. John 4:23-24 tells us that God is spirit. Like all of us God is a being who has a spirit. I am spirit (with a body) as everyone of us is. This verse is not differentiating between God being merely a personage of spirit only as opposed to one having a body but is telling us that God like each one of us is a being who is a spirit as well. Thus he commands all of us in verse 23 to worship in spirit and truth. Can we not worship in spirit because we have a body? We certain can worship is spirit because we all have a spirit. Jesus himself still had a spirit even after being resurrected. We are spiritual beings. The KJV simply adds an "a" to verse 24 by saying, "God is a spirit". The actual translation is "God is spirit". God works by communicating with our spirits by His Spirit and not that he does not have a body of flesh and bones.

If the Book of Mormon were a dead language, so would the language of the Bible also be a dead language. It is not a dead language as Clyde would have you believe, but million of people have found the words of life giving light in the words of both the Bible and the Book of Mormon. Calling it a dead language is just Clyde going over the top trying to convince people against the Book of Mormon and the Prophet Joseph Smith. I would think that it was wise of God to have it translated in old style English since the Bible itself is in that style of English and it would make it more relatable to the Bible by doing so. I, personally, have not been confused by the Bible or the Book of Mormon's language. Not sure why Clyde would say that God is being the author of confusion if he had Joseph Smith bring forth the Book of Mormon in the same language as the Bible. This would mean to we of this modern age are being confused by the words of God in the Bible as well. I find that to be absurd. And as the last point, I don't believe the translations of the Bible have been perfect, so why would God allow imperfect translations of the Bible if it is his words and it is important for us in these days as well as in times past? Why hold to the Bible if it is written in a dead language and its translations also have had mistakes?

Paul when speaking of the resurrection refers to resurrected beings as having spiritual bodies even thou we know that a resurrected body has flesh and bones as Jesus showed his disciples:

1 Corinthians 15:42-44
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Last edited:
In our progression through eternity and in Jesus' progression through eternity, Jesus as well as all of us are to receive an eternal resurrected body of flesh and bones. If this is important in the eternal progression of things, would not God the Father also have a body of flesh and bones?

Revelation 1:18
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

In this verse we learn that the body of Jesus was once dead but now it is alive forever more. Thus Jesus will retain his immortal body forever and ever. Receiving an immortal resurrected body of flesh and bones is an eternal state with Jesus and will be for all of us on earth. If it is so with Jesus and all of us, would not the Father also have a body of flesh and bones?

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

If the resurrected and glorified Jesus has the brightness of the glory of the Father and is the express image of his person. I would think that God the Father also has a body of flesh and bones the same as Jesus has. Being the express image of the Father would indicate such. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the prophet Joseph Smith received the following revelation:

Doctrine and Covenants 130:22-23
22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.
23 A man may receive the Holy Ghost, and it may descend upon him and not tarry with him.

This I believe is the case with our Heavenly Father. Another revelation to the prophet Joseph Smith states the following:

Doctrine and Covenants 93:33-34
33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;
34 And when separated, man cannot receive a fulness of joy.

Here we believe that the joining of spirit and element can bring us a fulness of joy. For this reason I believe the resurrection of all mankind will occur and the eternal union of our spirits with our immortal bodies will bring us infinite joy. Even the wicked upon this earth will receive the blessing of immortal resurrection. However, those who rebelled in the premortal existence, ie Satan and his followers will be denied forever the opportunity of receiving a resurrected body of flesh and bones. In this way we become more like our Father in Heaven and our Lord Jesus Christ.

We believe that the Holy Ghost must remain a spirit while fulfilling his mission on the earth. We believe he will eventually receive a body of flesh and bones and receive the eternal joy that we all will receive by receiving a body and live immortally with that body just like the rest of us.
From what I seen, more accurately what I haven’t seen, there’s no evidence to suggest any god ever exists. If he did we could certainly examine that though.

What is your opinion on what the holy spirits job is in earth?

Why do you know all these things and I can find it anywhere?

From what I seen, more accurately what I haven’t seen, there’s no evidence to suggest any god ever exists. If he did we could certainly examine that though.

What is your opinion on what the holy spirits job is in earth?

Why do you know all these things and I can find it anywhere?
My experience is that by applying the gospel message to my life and receiving the necessary ordinances and teachings through faith and prayer in Jesus Christ, I have received confirmation of the truthfulness of the message of the gospel through the gift of the Holy Ghost. God has promised that if we seek after him in faith, that we will find him.

Matthew 7:7-8
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

James 1:5-7
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

The Holy Ghost is a witness of the truth of God. I have spent a great portion of my life studying and exercising faith in God and He has blessed my life with assurance that He is and that Jesus is the example that all mankind should look to as a pattern for their lives.

My experience is that by applying the gospel message to my life and receiving the necessary ordinances and teachings through faith and prayer in Jesus Christ, I have received confirmation of the truthfulness of the message of the gospel through the gift of the Holy Ghost. God has promised that if we seek after him in faith, that we will find him.

Matthew 7:7-8
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

James 1:5-7
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

The Holy Ghost is a witness of the truth of God. I have spent a great portion of my life studying and exercising faith in God and He has blessed my life with assurance that He is and that Jesus is the example that all mankind should look to as a pattern for their lives.
The Holy Ghost was not a gift nor has ever been seen or anything.
Whilst I don’t care if you worship s malignant tumour but don’t tell me itvwill provide you with anything but a warm inner glow.

The Holy Ghost was not a gift nor has ever been seen or anything.
Whilst I don’t care if you worship s malignant tumour but don’t tell me itvwill provide you with anything but a warm inner glow.
How about I not tell you anything?

Forum List

Back