Zone1 Does God the Father have a body of flesh and bones the same as Jesus Christ?

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
In our progression through eternity and in Jesus' progression through eternity, Jesus as well as all of us are to receive an eternal resurrected body of flesh and bones. If this is important in the eternal progression of things, would not God the Father also have a body of flesh and bones?

Revelation 1:18
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

In this verse we learn that the body of Jesus was once dead but now it is alive forever more. Thus Jesus will retain his immortal body forever and ever. Receiving an immortal resurrected body of flesh and bones is an eternal state with Jesus and will be for all of us on earth. If it is so with Jesus and all of us, would not the Father also have a body of flesh and bones?

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

If the resurrected and glorified Jesus has the brightness of the glory of the Father and is the express image of his person. I would think that God the Father also has a body of flesh and bones the same as Jesus has. Being the express image of the Father would indicate such. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the prophet Joseph Smith received the following revelation:

Doctrine and Covenants 130:22-23
22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.
23 A man may receive the Holy Ghost, and it may descend upon him and not tarry with him.

This I believe is the case with our Heavenly Father. Another revelation to the prophet Joseph Smith states the following:

Doctrine and Covenants 93:33-34
33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;
34 And when separated, man cannot receive a fulness of joy.

Here we believe that the joining of spirit and element can bring us a fulness of joy. For this reason I believe the resurrection of all mankind will occur and the eternal union of our spirits with our immortal bodies will bring us infinite joy. Even the wicked upon this earth will receive the blessing of immortal resurrection. However, those who rebelled in the premortal existence, ie Satan and his followers will be denied forever the opportunity of receiving a resurrected body of flesh and bones. In this way we become more like our Father in Heaven and our Lord Jesus Christ.

We believe that the Holy Ghost must remain a spirit while fulfilling his mission on the earth. We believe he will eventually receive a body of flesh and bones and receive the eternal joy that we all will receive by receiving a body and live immortally with that body just like the rest of us.

In our progression through eternity and in Jesus' progression through eternity, Jesus as well as all of us are to receive an eternal resurrected body of flesh and bones. If this is important in the eternal progression of things, would not God the Father also have a body of flesh and bones?

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

In this verse we learn that the body of Jesus was once dead but now it is alive forever more. Thus Jesus will retain his immortal body forever and ever. Receiving an immortal resurrected body of flesh and bones is an eternal state with Jesus and will be for all of us on earth. If it is so with Jesus and all of us, would not the Father also have a body of flesh and bones?

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

If the resurrected and glorified Jesus has the brightness of the glory of the Father and is the express image of his person. I would think that God the Father also has a body of flesh and bones the same as Jesus has. Being the express image of the Father would indicate such. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the prophet Joseph Smith received the following revelation:

22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.
23 A man may receive the Holy Ghost, and it may descend upon him and not tarry with him.

This I believe is the case with our Heavenly Father. Another revelation to the prophet Joseph Smith states the following:

33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;

Here we believe that the joining of spirit and element can bring us a fulness of joy. For this reason I believe the resurrection of all mankind will occur and the eternal union of our spirits with our immortal bodies will bring us infinite joy. Even the wicked upon this earth will receive the blessing of immortal resurrection. However, those who rebelled in the premortal existence, ie Satan and his followers will be denied forever the opportunity of receiving a resurrected body of flesh and bones. In this way we become more like our Father in Heaven and our Lord Jesus Christ.

We believe that the Holy Ghost must remain a spirit while fulfilling his mission on the earth. We believe he will eventually receive a body of flesh and bones and receive the eternal joy that we all will receive by receiving a body and live immortally with that body just like the rest of us.

God created us in His own image. We are direct descendants of God.

Except secular progressive Darwinists believe they evolved from single-cell lifeforms swimming around in water. So they're basically descended from pond scum.

I would say so.

Spirit form and human form are similar, yet very different in many ways. God, on earth, sitting with Abraham had a nose , mouth, throat, a voice box, hands, a butt to sit on. He could see, swallow, talk, laugh, walk... and still be a spirit.
We know that from the glimpse we are given of Abraham's Bosom, and Hell. Those there were recognizable even without the clay exterior. They could think, they spoke, had tongues, memories, felt pain, and felt remorse and had, having reached that location in their lives, moved on to the eternal stage of their destiny.
We are made in God's image. We are eternal beings. This short segment of our lives is merely basic training....

Spirit form and human form are similar, yet very different in many ways. God, on earth, sitting with Abraham had a nose , mouth, throat, a voice box, hands, a butt to sit on. He could see, swallow, talk, laugh, walk... and still be a spirit.
We know that from the glimpse we are given of Abraham's Bosom, and Hell. Those there were recognizable even without the clay exterior. They could think, they spoke, had tongues, memories, felt pain, and felt remorse and had, having reached that location in their lives, moved on to the eternal stage of their destiny.
We are made in God's image. We are eternal beings. This short segment of our lives is merely basic training....
I think you make some good point about our spirits looking just like our mortal bodies. I believe our resurrected bodies will also look similar.

The OP asks "would not God the Father also have a body of flesh and bones?"
The best answer that I can give you is what God told Moses about who he is, and he gave what at first I thought was a very odd answer which comes in Exodus 3

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”(kjv)​
To your question, since God is who he is, we may not know because God does not account to us, and he can contact us when he wants to or not. A few months ago, I got a copy of Cecil B. Demill's "The Ten Commandment," and I read the Exodus version several times before and since. Not many people are allowed in with I am, but what is important to God is whether we love and appreciate his gifts of life and our dwelling. What's really beautiful about God is that in his presence, he blesses his believers with a loving that is not like nothing else.
Godd evening, all. It's prayers up for the Ukranians who've lost so manof their sons and daughters, may he help the President who is ailing with guidance and healing; May he bring peace to men and women of good will, and may God bless America by touching our hearts with confidence.

The OP asks "would not God the Father also have a body of flesh and bones?"
The best answer that I can give you is what God told Moses about who he is, and he gave what at first I thought was a very odd answer which comes in Exodus 3

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”(kjv)​
To your question, since God is who he is, we may not know because God does not account to us, and he can contact us when he wants to or not. A few months ago, I got a copy of Cecil B. Demill's "The Ten Commandment," and I read the Exodus version several times before and since. Not many people are allowed in with I am, but what is important to God is whether we love and appreciate his gifts of life and our dwelling. What's really beautiful about God is that in his presence, he blesses his believers with a loving that is not like nothing else.
Godd evening, all. It's prayers up for the Ukranians who've lost so manof their sons and daughters, may he help the President who is ailing with guidance and healing; May he bring peace to men and women of good will, and may God bless America by touching our hearts with confidence.
God existed before creation. Why would God have a body of flesh and bones before he created His Creation? However, God, being The Creator can exist as flesh and bones anytime he wants. He can also be a flame residing in a bush if he so desires.

God existed before creation. Why would God have a body of flesh and bones before he created His Creation? However, God, being The Creator can exist as flesh and bones anytime he wants. He can also be a flame residing in a bush if he so desires.
One of our scriptures in Jesus' words instructs not to tempt our Father, God, in Heaven. In other words, we must not challenge God in a way that gives him cause to behave in a surprising way to a not-so-humble request demand. When God responded to Moses' request to know what his name was, God may have been a little ticked when he responded with "I AM WHO I AM." Which could be interpreted as God will do whatever he wants or needs to do to communicate his answer to any given "request," whether we like the ultimate answer or not. If I am wrong, correct me, please. :muahaha: And by the way, our beloved God has quite a sense of humor from what I've read in the Holy Bible.

The reason that evil spirits, who cannot receive a body of flesh and bones, attempt to possess those of us who do have bodies is because they want the joy that one can receive from having a body. When Jesus cast out the legion of devils from a man, the devils even requested that they could go into the a heard of swine. They were that desperate to have more element with their spirits rather than be without. Evil spirits would like nothing more than to inhabit the bodies we possess which God does not allow them to have because of their rebellion in the war in heaven.

I think you make some good point about our spirits looking just like our mortal bodies. I believe our resurrected bodies will also look similar.
Pretty much with corrections of course. After all, Mary didn't even recognize her husband at first at the tomb.

One of our scriptures in Jesus' words instructs not to tempt our Father, God, in Heaven. In other words, we must not challenge God in a way that gives him cause to behave in a surprising way to a not-so-humble request demand. When God responded to Moses' request to know what his name was, God may have been a little ticked when he responded with "I AM WHO I AM." Which could be interpreted as God will do whatever he wants or needs to do to communicate his answer to any given "request," whether we like the ultimate answer or not. If I am wrong, correct me, please. :muahaha: And by the way, our beloved God has quite a sense of humor from what I've read in the Holy Bible.
God does have a sense of humor is he created our human knees...

Our Father in Heaven existed before he organized or created this universe we live in and whom our Father is the God of. Where did he exist? Was he existing with absolutely nothing for eons and eons? That makes non sense whatsoever. The most difficult question of all time is when did the first thing come about and how? And, not just in our universe. What is really the "beginning?" The smallest number is actually infinite. It doesn't exist. So, when did time, energy, matter begin? Baffling...The best we can then assume is that man is "As God once was and as God is now, man may become." That way, God isn't someone who was floating about for eons trying to figure out what to do next and how to do it. He was like us in another Universe with his Father, Son and Holy Ghost. He became Glorified as a Celestial Being and was given the mansion his father had to give, this universe. Maybe our Father in Heaven has thousands of universes he's organized and trillions upon trillions of children that give him great joy as they progress and given their mansions (universe). So, the answer is yes. Matter (energy) cannot be made nor destroyed, just manipulated. God would most certainly have a body of glorified flesh and bones when he was given this matter to create a new universe.

That way, God isn't someone who was floating about for eons trying to figure out what to do next and how to do it. He was like us in another Universe with his Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
First time I've ever "heard" that.

I think he looks like George burns. I saw the movie.....
Sorry. Had to do that.
Really I think God can take whatever form or lack thereof that serves his purpose, or will, or whatever.
Still, George burns made a good God.....

Sorry. Had to do that.
Really I think God can take whatever form or lack thereof that serves his purpose, or will, or whatever.
That's pretty much what I said, only better.

Read much ?
Genesis 3:8
And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.
That is one of the times he wanted to.

Sorry. Had to do that.
Sometimes he looks like Morgan Freeman.

Forum List

Back