Does Anybody Believe the Universities' Line About So-Called "American Imperialism' ?

How about video conferencing, two day delivery, do it yourself business models like Uber and air bnb, not to mention all the incredible advancements in machinery, tooling, and medical that have been made… need a new hip? How about a heart valve?
Haven't really been that much advancement in machinery, tooling. I worked for years as a QC mechanical inspector, and QC mechanical engineer, in machine shops and high tech companies.

Biggest difference is the coordinate measuring machine, which greatly speeds up inspection with no loss of accuracy. Other than that, nah. CNC machines do the same that non computer machines did, except that the operator can sit back while the machine runs through it's program. Less hands on.

Optical comparator has been around since 1937. Toolmaker's microscope even longer than that. Micrometers and calipers have digital readouts as opposed to the mechanical scale of the earlier ones. Some disadvantage to the new is, they run on batteries, so if the battery fails, and you don't have replacement, you're screwed. Old & new are equally easy to use.
Haha, I’m an engineer too. I know how you think. And right now you are arguing just to argue. You forgot that the discussion was about universities

Haha, I’m an engineer too. I know how you think. And right now you are arguing just to argue. You forgot that the discussion was about universities
Yes, universities and brainwashed kids being programmed by their equally brainwashed teachers.

PS - I once WAS one of those university teachers (and yes I was brainwashed too)

Yes, universities and brainwashed kids being programmed by their equally brainwashed teachers.

PS - I once WAS one of those university teachers (and yes I was brainwashed too)
I’m sorry that happened to you. Did you know it at the time?

Again, none of that matters to the point we are talking about. The fact that Biden had the power and leverage that he did to pressure a foreign country to fire a prosecutor is clearly imperialism. Just as our role in overthrowing Libyas government was another clear sign of imperialism. It’s all over the place. Just admit you were wrong and save some
Face
Again, Ukraine was NOT imperialism. I made that point sufficiently. No need to repeat.

Libya - I asked for a show of how it was imperialism. I guess you have no way to show it.

What is "all over the place" is countries imperializing the US, through remittances.
You called Ukraine bad diplomacy and then tried to change the subject to hinter and Joe being corrupt. You know that imperialism can be diplomatic don’t you? You have looked up the definition of imperialism havent you?

Imperialism
noun
  1. a policy of extending a country's power and influence through diplomacy or military force.

Again, none of that matters to the point we are talking about. The fact that Biden had the power and leverage that he did to pressure a foreign country to fire a prosecutor is clearly imperialism. Just as our role in overthrowing Libyas government was another clear sign of imperialism. It’s all over the place. Just admit you were wrong and save some
Face
Again, Ukraine was NOT imperialism. I made that point sufficiently. No need to repeat.

Libya - I asked for a show of how it was imperialism. I guess you have no way to show it.

What is "all over the place" is countries imperializing the US, through remittances.
You called Ukraine bad diplomacy and then tried to change the subject to hinter and Joe being corrupt. You know that imperialism can be diplomatic don’t you? You have looked up the definition of imperialism havent you?

Imperialism
noun
  1. a policy of extending a country's power and influence through diplomacy or military force.
No change of subject. The Joe and Hunter show was bad diplomacy - one subject. I still don't see the Ukraine thing as imperialism. The Ukrainians went into it willingly, and the money went to individuals, not a country.

So if you think Biden was doing imperialism, what of it ? You want to impeach him ?

No, I didn't know, and I remained brainwashed for decades. And voted for every Democrat for president from McGovern to Obama (2008) - except twice voted for Nader. in 2009, I deprogrammed, and became a conservative, although, even when I was a liberal, I was opposed to Affirmative Action and illegal immigration.

Face

Imperialism
noun
No change of subject. The Joe and Hunter show was bad diplomacy - one subject. I still don't see the Ukraine thing as imperialism. The Ukrainians went into it willingly, and the money went to individuals, not a country.

So if you think Biden was doing imperialism, what of it ? You want to impeach him ?
The Ukrainians went along with it because we leveraged power over them through financial aid and military support. That’s imperialism. We put ourselves in positions to leverage power with countries all over the world. That is imperialism. Not the type that is invading and taking territory but it is imperialism none the less. You strike me as a smart guy, I think you know it is.

No, I didn't know, and I remained brainwashed for decades. And voted for every Democrat for president from McGovern to Obama (2008) - except twice voted for Nader. in 2009, I deprogrammed, and became a conservative, although, even when I was a liberal, I was opposed to Affirmative Action and illegal immigration.
If you were brainwashed for decades and didn’t realized it then how can you be so sure that you’re not brainwashed now but just at a different laundry matt?

when we are young we are idealistic and progressive politics is more attractive. As we get older and obtain more assets and wealth we tend to go more conservative as we place more value on what we’ve earned and loose faith in the governments ability to be effective and trustworthy. It makes sense that you would go from one extreme to another. But you have to admit that perhaps you are still under a spell of propaganda but don’t realize it… just like you were for decades in the past.

The Ukrainians went along with it because we leveraged power over them through financial aid and military support. That’s imperialism. We put ourselves in positions to leverage power with countries all over the world. That is imperialism. Not the type that is invading and taking territory but it is imperialism none the less. You strike me as a smart guy, I think you know it is.
NO. Imperialism is taking the wealth or resources of a country without their approval. The US does not approve of Mexico and China removing massive amounts of our wealth in remittances. Ukraine did approve of what they did, and again the money only went to 1 family, not a country.

If you were brainwashed for decades and didn’t realized it then how can you be so sure that you’re not brainwashed now but just at a different laundry matt?

when we are young we are idealistic and progressive politics is more attractive. As we get older and obtain more assets and wealth we tend to go more conservative as we place more value on what we’ve earned and loose faith in the governments ability to be effective and trustworthy. It makes sense that you would go from one extreme to another. But you have to admit that perhaps you are still under a spell of propaganda but don’t realize it… just like you were for decades in the past.
There is no perhaps. I can easily see that I am not brainwashed now. Easy way to detect > watch both Newsmax and CNN for a week.

This thread is worn out. I wish someone would comment on my fireworks thread.

NO. Imperialism is taking the wealth or resources of a country without their approval. The US does not approve of Mexico and China removing massive amounts of our wealth in remittances. Ukraine did approve of what they did, and again the money only went to 1 family, not a country.
Well sure, if you want to just make up definitions then your always going to be correct. Can you prove to me that Trump isnt the devil? The definition of devil being a man with orange skin with the first name Donald and the last name Trump? What are we doing here?

There is no perhaps. I can easily see that I am not brainwashed now. Easy way to detect > watch both Newsmax and CNN for a week.

This thread is worn out. I wish someone would comment on my fireworks thread.
That’s what they all say. Had I called you brainwashed decades ago I’m sure you would have made the same argument

Well sure, if you want to just make up definitions then your always going to be correct. Can you prove to me that Trump isnt the devil? The definition of devil being a man with orange skin with the first name Donald and the last name Trump? What are we doing here?
I'm not making up definitions, I'm going by the definitions I posted in the OP.

That’s what they all say. Had I called you brainwashed decades ago I’m sure you would have made the same argument
yes, but I then would have been wrong. Now I am right. :biggrin:

you think being a sex pervert carries "Pride" with it ? What is there to be proud of ? Just one example.

Technological breakthroughs… I’d say the educational and tech advancements from the 60s till now have been enormous. You don’t agree?
Cell phones are good (if you get stuck on the highway). TV pictures are bigger and clearer. Internet & You tube videos are a +. Less people smoking (thank God). Can't think of much else.
How about video conferencing, two day delivery, do it yourself business models like Uber and air bnb, not to mention all the incredible advancements in machinery, tooling, and medical that have been made… need a new hip? How about a heart valve?

Video conferencing.........Our govt. has never heard of it. Sure they talk about it and buy the equipment, but they meet anyway due they're useless and entitled to a good time.

Two day delivery.......Neat, Amazon cornering the market putting small business out of work and reducing wage & opportunity.

Uber and air BNB. Kind of cool really, though only one BNB experience and it was comical. Really pretty neat but does it change the world something important?

Agree machinery however American made generally (not auto anymore unless changed) means quality and American made has taken second chair to Chinese thus the quality substandard. We were better before, but yeah, I like the shit out of my Milwaukee tools, the new batteries are replacing air tools and that's a big bonus.

Agree with medicine to a large extent however because of our advancements people are more lazy, fat, drugged up, and we're far more prone to cancer.

I can go tits and tats all day the why & why nots "advancements". Smart phones among other advancements have dumbed people down, made us far less responsible & less appreciative.

Last edited:
I just saw an episode on Newsmax where a reporter was asking college students if they believe there is American imperialism. If the students answered yes (most did), they were asked to sign a petition to stop it. Quite a few signed the petition.

After signing, the students (apparently victims of heavy indoctrination) were asked to provide an example of where "American imperialism" is going on. now, or over the past 20 years. None were able to respond with a single location.

I wish I would have been that reporter. I would have asked the kids if they knew of the USA being a VICTIM of imperialism. I would have also asked them to provide a definition of "imperialism".

Here are 2 definitions >>

I would have loved to tell these brainwashed students that the US is the #1 VICTIM of imperialism in the world today, and has been for the last 20 years, by the way 21st century imperialism is conducted (migrant remittances).

We're an empire

Have known that since john quincy adams

Eisenhower was one of the greatest of the empire's leaders.

yes, but I then would have been wrong. Now I am right. :biggrin:

you think being a sex pervert carries "Pride" with it ? What is there to be proud of ? Just one example.
You think you are right. Just like you did before. Can’t trust that

Technological breakthroughs… I’d say the educational and tech advancements from the 60s till now have been enormous. You don’t agree?
Cell phones are good (if you get stuck on the highway). TV pictures are bigger and clearer. Internet & You tube videos are a +. Less people smoking (thank God). Can't think of much else.

Video conferencing.........Our govt. has never heard of it. Sure they talk about it and buy the equipment, but they meet anyway due they're useless and entitled to a good time.

Two day delivery.......Neat, Amazon cornering the market putting small business out of work and reducing wage & opportunity.

Uber and air BNB. Kind of cool really, though only one BNB experience and it was comical. Really pretty neat but does it change the world something important?

Agree machinery however American made generally (not auto anymore unless changed) means quality and American made has taken second chair to Chinese thus the quality substandard. We were better before, but yeah, I like the shit out of my Milwaukee tools, the new batteries are replacing air tools and that's a big bonus.

Agree with medicine to a large extent however because of our advancements people are more lazy, fat, drugged up, and we're far more prone to cancer.

I can go tits and tats all day the why & why nots "advancements". Smart phones among other advancements have dumbed people down, made us far less responsible & less appreciative.
Of course you can tit for tat, theres always a tit. You’re either for advancement or you not. We’ve advance a bunch. Whether you think we are happier or “better off” is entirely up to your world view and personal situation

Of course you can tit for tat, theres always a tit. You’re either for advancement or you not. We’ve advance a bunch. Whether you think we are happier or “better off” is entirely up to your world view and personal situation

Advanced in what way exactly, cameras and stuff?

Neat

I'm not a Conservative; I am observer.
Liberals are racists and are too mentally ill to see it.
Observers are somewhere on the conservative-liberal spectrum but are too mentally ill to see it.
Weak response.
A year ago you were actually on the edge of reality.
Or maybe you've declined in the past year.
You're a Liberal teacher who associates with other Liberal teachers who possess warped perspectives on civilization.
Liberal? Yes. Teacher? No. Warped perspectives on civilization? Don't we all?

Forum List

Back