Does Anybody Believe the Universities' Line About So-Called "American Imperialism' ?

Here I will give you a real life recent example. Keep your lid on cause I know you’re gonna be conflicted about how to respond.

Let’s look at Ukraine. How did Biden get a foreign country to fire one of their own Special Prosecutors? Explain to me how that is not imperialism, an exertion of power that we held over that country.

We had the power to do this because of the things I listed which you just tried to dismiss.
BAD diplomacy, but diplomacy nevertheless, not imperialism. And even the money that Hunter was being paid for his no show "job", was not imperialism, because the Ukrainians were doing it willingly, for their own benefit, to gain alliance with the US, as a leverage protection from Russia.
How was it bad diplomacy? Our congress and world allies wanted this prosecutor gone and our VP was able to get Ukraine to fire him through diplomatic and economic pressure. Imperialism at work, you can’t deny that.

I just saw an episode on Newsmax where a reporter was asking college students if they believe there is American imperialism. If the students answered yes (most did), they were asked to sign a petition to stop it. Quite a few signed the petition.

After signing, the students (apparently victims of heavy indoctrination) were asked to provide an example of where "American imperialism" is going on. now, or over the past 20 years. None were able to respond with a single location.

I wish I would have been that reporter. I would have asked the kids if they knew of the USA being a VICTIM of imperialism. I would have also asked them to provide a definition of "imperialism".

Here are 2 definitions >>

I would have loved to tell these brainwashed students that the US is the #1 VICTIM of imperialism in the world today, and has been for the last 20 years, by the way 21st century imperialism is conducted (migrant remittances).

It’s not a ‘lie.’

And yet you want your lily white ass to benefit from this American imperialism. Democrats always have been the racists and you still are
Please don't even infer that C_Satan_Jones is White!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
You can define imperialism any way you want but the truth is that the US (like most countries) will use what power and influence it has to promote what is in its interests. During the Cold War, that was confronting Communism and it got us involved in Korea and Vietnam. Earlier in this century it was Muslim extremism and it got us into Afghanistan and Iraq. The short of it is that we use our power to get other countries to do what WE want them to do. We have invaded countries and overthrown governments we don't like and no honest person can say we won't do it again.
Getting into Afghanistan and Iraq was a self-defense scenario, after we had been severely attacked in the worst attack on US soil in US history, and were openly threatened with more attacks (some of which did occur afterward). Sometimes you have to go outside the borders of US territory, to defend the US (as we did in World War 2.)

NO, we do NOT use our power to get other countries to do what WE want them to do. That is FALSE, and you cannot show one country in the world where we are doing that.

"Have invaded" is PAST TENSE. "Overthrown" is past tense. Both are OFF TOPIC of this thread, which pertains to what is happening NOW. That is what the college students were asked by Newsmax, and they wrongly said that the US is an imperialist country, but like you here now, couldn't say where that is occuring.

And there's a good reason why none of you can say that. Because it ISN'T.

As for what the US will do in the future, that's OFF TOPIC too.
I literally just showed you an example of that with Ukraine. Want another, how about the Libyan Civil War and over throw of Gaddafi. Make a case that that wasn’t imperialism.

Who do you know of that registers to vote without producing purely verifiable ID?
Why do you ask ?
I asked in reply to the post that I responded to
I answered and you don't like the answer.
This is my last response to you on this topic, so go eat shit.
Hahahahaha. If you asked me to explain why I think Trump was a horrible president and I responded by saying that there are fish in the sea, I guess I could also say I gave you an answer.

since your getting all emo and cutting off the conversation it’s obvious you can’t hang with a real discussion. Do better in the future, that was a weak debate.

Why do you reply with petty name calling instead of actually making a counter argument? If you want to make somebody look stupid then do so with smart arguments. Calling them a dummy does nothing. Nobody cares
Where did I call somebody a "dummy" ? And I make smart arguments in all of my posts (sometimes with source links). You haven't noticed ?
Were you not calling the person dumb with this statement??

“Looks like the "hillbillies" have got you beat. TAKING MONEY is what imperialism is. What do you think the Vikings were ? Philanthropists? You're getting an education.”

I asked in reply to the post that I responded to
Question was WHY ? Your Post # 190 did not correlate with my post (# 185) that you quoted.
I was responding to this statement:

“ABSOLUTELY! NOBODY should be allowed to register/vote in America, without producing a purely verifiable proof of citizenship.”

Im asking if you know of anybody who can register without showing a verifiable proof of citizenship. I asked because I’m curious. The answer should be easy for you. Just be honest

Last edited:
I just saw an episode on Newsmax where a reporter was asking college students if they believe there is American imperialism. If the students answered yes (most did), they were asked to sign a petition to stop it. Quite a few signed the petition.

After signing, the students (apparently victims of heavy indoctrination) were asked to provide an example of where "American imperialism" is going on. now, or over the past 20 years. None were able to respond with a single location.

I wish I would have been that reporter. I would have asked the kids if they knew of the USA being a VICTIM of imperialism. I would have also asked them to provide a definition of "imperialism".

I would have loved to tell these brainwashed students that the US is the #1 VICTIM of imperialism in the world today, and has been for the last 20 years, by the way 21st century imperialism is conducted (migrant remittances).

It's left communism at work, as they desire them to vote for their Demonicrats. https://cultureshield.com/PDF/45_Goals.pdf

When it comes to the "progressive" left, it's not about what it is, but what it aint is their reality. They decorate their feelings inside safe spaces and declare they've been educated.

Imagine paying tens of thousands of dollars to have someone suck out your brain. That's today's left miseducation program.

newsmax. Sweet. might have been an interesting topic otherwise.

It's left communism at work, as they desire them to vote for their Demonicrats. https://cultureshield.com/PDF/45_Goals.pdf

When it comes to the "progressive" left, it's not about what it is, but what it aint is their reality. They decorate their feelings inside safe spaces and declare they've been educated.

Imagine paying tens of thousands of dollars to have someone suck out your brain. That's today's left miseducation program.
Old farts have been saying that since the 60s… it’s the nature of children and universities. Somehow we’ve been doing pretty well since the 60s don’t you think?

Old farts have been saying that since the 60s… it’s the nature of children and universities. Somehow we’ve been doing pretty well since the 60s don’t you think?
Exactly so. I recall reading a book back around 1980 called something like "empire or republic" about the views of T. Roosevelt and William Jennings Bryan. What would the founders think about our military being the guarantors of world wide free trade? Barbary Coast. War of 1812. Roosevelt's navy guarded the hemisphere and warned others to not interfere with our trade. Trump thought we had no place in Syria. Maybe we didn't. But then why not?

But that's not what newsmax is about.

“ABSOLUTELY! NOBODY should be allowed to register/vote in America, without producing a purely verifiable proof of citizenship.”

Im asking if you know of anybody who can register without showing a verifiable proof of citizenship. I asked because I’m curious. The answer should be easy for you. Just be honest
That's not what you said in Post # 190. It does not contain the keyword "CITIZENSHIP".

So now that you are asking an entirely different question, which DOES contain the word citizenship, yes, of course, the answer is easy, and it is in many of my previous posts.

EVERYBODY (including illegal aliens) can register to vote, without showing a verifiable proof of citizenship, because, as I have said a dozens times or more (backed up by the National Conference of State Legislature's voting ID map), not one state in America requires proof of citizenship to register to vote, or to actually vote.

“Looks like the "hillbillies" have got you beat. TAKING MONEY is what imperialism is. What do you think the Vikings were ? Philanthropists? You're getting an education.”
"Hillbillies "was that person's word. I simply repeated HIS word. (Donald H - Post # 197) So go scold him, if you dislike the word so much.

That's not what you said in Post # 190. It does not contain the keyword "CITIZENSHIP".

So now that you are asking an entirely different question, which DOES contain the word citizenship, yes, of course, the answer is easy, and it is in many of my previous posts.

EVERYBODY (including illegal aliens) can register to vote, without showing a verifiable proof of citizenship, because, as I have said a dozens times or more (backed up by the National Conference of State Legislature's voting ID map), not one state in America requires proof of citizenship to register to vote, or to actually vote.
If you reference something of mine why don't you just post it in your reply. When you say #190 I have no clue what that is unless I go look it up which makes me think you omit it on purpose as a form of aggravation. That gets tiresome.

Yes I said proof of ID not proof of citizenship. That was not intentional. Proof of citizenship is what I meant to say as I was responding directly to your post.

So you are claiming that not one State in America requires proof of citizenship to register to vote. I'll challenge that. I've been a registered voter in both California and Texas. In both places I registered through the DMV where I had to show a birth certificate, passport, SS Card or State ID in order to register. Now can you show a case where somebody registered without showing proof of citizenship?

"Hillbillies "was that person's word. I simply repeated HIS word. (Donald H - Post # 197) So go scold him, if you dislike the word so much.
Its not the word Hillbillies I was harping you about. It was your entire statement that was calling the person dumb instead of addressing the topic with substance. The only think of substance that you wrote was that Taking money is what imperialism is and that just not true per the definitions that you posted!!!

You can define imperialism any way you want but the truth is that the US (like most countries) will use what power and influence it has to promote what is in its interests. During the Cold War, that was confronting Communism and it got us involved in Korea and Vietnam. Earlier in this century it was Muslim extremism and it got us into Afghanistan and Iraq. The short of it is that we use our power to get other countries to do what WE want them to do. We have invaded countries and overthrown governments we don't like and no honest person can say we won't do it again.
Getting into Afghanistan and Iraq was a self-defense scenario, after we had been severely attacked in the worst attack on US soil in US history, and were openly threatened with more attacks (some of which did occur afterward). Sometimes you have to go outside the borders of US territory, to defend the US (as we did in World War 2.)

NO, we do NOT use our power to get other countries to do what WE want them to do. That is FALSE, and you cannot show one country in the world where we are doing that.

"Have invaded" is PAST TENSE. "Overthrown" is past tense. Both are OFF TOPIC of this thread, which pertains to what is happening NOW. That is what the college students were asked by Newsmax, and they wrongly said that the US is an imperialist country, but like you here now, couldn't say where that is occuring.

And there's a good reason why none of you can say that. Because it ISN'T.

As for what the US will do in the future, that's OFF TOPIC too.
You can make the case that Afghanistan was self-defense, you can not with Iraq. We went to Iraq to install a gov't we wanted. We stayed in Afghanistan to prop up a gov't we wanted and, as of NOW, we are still there.

You would like my dog, he too lives in the now.

newsmax. Sweet. might have been an interesting topic otherwise.
It's an interesting topic because of the students' responses to the questions. Who is asking the question is entirely irrelevant. Would be the same and just as interesting if MSNBC were asking the questions.

Look how liberals flash their INVALIDATION CARD, even when it has no bearing. It's what the students are saying (and not saying) that matters here, not the Newsmax interviewer.

You can make the case that Afghanistan was self-defense, you can not with Iraq. We went to Iraq to install a gov't we wanted. We stayed in Afghanistan to prop up a gov't we wanted and, as of NOW, we are still there.
Both Afghanistan and Iraq were key locations for Al Qaeda, Al Qaeda in Iraq (forerunner of ISIS), and ISIS, and they still are, if we were not there. We couldn't care less what their government was/is, as long as it is not Muslim jihadist terrorists.

Both Afghanistan and Iraq were key locations for Al Qaeda, Al Qaeda in Iraq (forerunner of ISIS), and ISIS, and they still are, if we were not there. We couldn't care less what their government was/is, as long as it is not Muslim jihadist terrorists.
FALSE!! Al Qaeda hated Saddam since he was too secular and kept them out of Iraq. Under Saddam there would never have been an ISIS. He fought a war with Iran that weakened them. They did not rise again until Saddam was gone.

Forum List

Back