• No

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
i said libtards.

the ones that are acting like they were against regime change
Do you have any specifics?

Your first post:

Biden voted for the war, Chuck and nancy too

I thought you were talking about Joe, Chuck and Nancy.

Joe didn’t flip flop on regime change if you are talking about Juniors 2003 ill-prepared hasty little backed lie-based invasion for regime change in Iraq.

so I doubt you know what the hell you are talking about.

your second post on this thread:

hahahha what BS....they voted to authorize the us of military force in Iraq...there was NOT one stipulation about going to the UN....not that it would ever be necessary...but in fact one of the main factors was the fact they voted to liberate Iraq, a few years earlier during the Clinton admin

The Iraq War was a success, even Obama acknowledge he was handed a free and stable Iraq....sad he handed it over to Iran and ISIS

Nope - in 2003 Shiite Militias entered Iraq from Iran breathing the exhaust fumes of American invaders’ vehicles as they rolled into Bagdad - Bush had one of their letters welcomed in the White House.

Here's the photo;

President Bush Meets with His Eminence Abdul-Aziz Al-Hakim, Leader of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq
20061204-7_d-0721-515h.jpg

President George W. Bush welcomes Sayyed Abdul-Aziz Al-Hakim, Leader of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq, to the White House Monday, Dec. 4, 2006. S

You’ve a lot to learn. The lying blocks your chances.

The issue with Iraq was Obama was just a weak leader
When Obama said Bush doing a regime change in Iraq will be a dumb war and he opposes dumb wars was he being a weak leader?

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other arm-chair, weekend warriors in this Administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.​

“That’s what I’m opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics.​

“Now let me be clear - I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. “He’s a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.​

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. “I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a US occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda.​

“I am not opposed to all wars. I’m opposed to dumb wars. “So for those of us who seek a more just and secure world for our children, let us send a clear message to the president today. You want a fight, President Bush? Let’s finish the fight with Bin Laden and al-Qaeda, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings.​

“You want a fight, President Bush? Let’s fight to make sure that the UN inspectors can do their work,​

He didn't need UN approval to invade..he had the US Congressional approval.

Dubya did not get US Congressional Approval.. He was given Congressional authority to use military force as he determines TO BE NECESSARY.

Dubya lied about why it was necessary and Biden did not approve of the date chosen or the puny size of the coalition. No member of Congress like Joe Biden had an obligation to approve of being lied to and making a flawed decision on timimg if kicking out the inspections.

More important than that, Dubya did not need the Congressional authority he received in October 2002.

In a March 2003 letter to Congress announcing the start of the U.S. invasion, Bush quoted the 2001 AUMF: “That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

When Obama said Bush doing a regime change in Iraq will be a dumb war and he opposes dumb wars was he being a weak leader?

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other arm-chair, weekend warriors in this Administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.​

“That’s what I’m opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics.​

“Now let me be clear - I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. “He’s a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.​

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. “I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a US occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda.​

“I am not opposed to all wars. I’m opposed to dumb wars. “So for those of us who seek a more just and secure world for our children, let us send a clear message to the president today. You want a fight, President Bush? Let’s finish the fight with Bin Laden and al-Qaeda, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings.​

“You want a fight, President Bush? Let’s fight to make sure that the UN inspectors can do their work,​

Great post.. You know your subject.

He didn't need UN approval to invade..he had the US Congressional approval.

Dubya did not get US Congressional Approval.. He was given Congressional authority to use military force as he determines TO BE NECESSARY.

Dubya lied about why it was necessary and Biden did not approve of the date chosen or the puny size of the coalition. No member of Congress like Joe Biden had an obligation to approve of being lied to and making a flawed decision on timimg if kicking out the inspections.

More important than that, Dubya did not need the Congressional authority he received in October 2002.

In a March 2003 letter to Congress announcing the start of the U.S. invasion, Bush quoted the 2001 AUMF: “That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.
haha you keep changing the words...he certianly got Congressional approval

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002

"Authorizes the President to use the U.S. armed forces to: (1) defend U.S. national security against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and (2) enforce all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq. Directs the President, prior to or as soon as possible (but no later than 48 hours) after exercising such authority, to make available to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President pro tempore of the Senate his determination that: (1) reliance on further diplomatic or peaceful means alone will not achieve the above purposes; and (2) acting pursuant to this joint resolution is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take necessary actions against international terrorists and terrorist organizations, including those who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Declares that this section is intended to constitute specific statutory authorization for use of the armed forces, consistent with requirements of the War Powers Resolution."

i said libtards.

the ones that are acting like they were against regime change
Do you have any specifics?

Your first post:

Biden voted for the war, Chuck and nancy too

I thought you were talking about Joe, Chuck and Nancy.

Joe didn’t flip flop on regime change if you are talking about Juniors 2003 ill-prepared hasty little backed lie-based invasion for regime change in Iraq.

so I doubt you know what the hell you are talking about.

your second post on this thread:

hahahha what BS....they voted to authorize the us of military force in Iraq...there was NOT one stipulation about going to the UN....not that it would ever be necessary...but in fact one of the main factors was the fact they voted to liberate Iraq, a few years earlier during the Clinton admin
Yep those are examples of libtards that flipped flopped.

We didn't withdraw in 2008

We started withdrawing in 2008 because Iraq was Dubya’s free and stable.nation building success.

The Iraq War was a success, before Obama took office.

To achieve success, Bush did the great SURGE.

Did you support the SURGE?
there is withdrawing some troops...and completely leaving as Obama did.

Yes...it worked...we saw a drop in violence after the surge. On the surge: "succeeded beyond our wildest dreams," Obama- 2007

Cool...that has zero to do with the discussion. Obama's opposition to the war prior to Xiden and Congress's approval of it, has zero to do with the fact he screwed up in 2011

Obama and Xiden's foreign policy blunder was unable to extend our SOFA, and then announced when we'd be leaving...

How does Obama force a free and stable nation to grant immunity to US troops if a free and stable nation refuses to grant immunity because a free and stable nation has every right to refuse to grant immunity and that is why the free and stable Iraq did not negotiate on immunity .

And you say you are opposed to nation building with US ground troops in 2003 but you want Obama to nation build in 2012 using ground troops in Iraq without immunity. Why is that? Why would you demand that of our ground troops be in Iraq without immunity.

You ought to be praising Obama for being such a wise young politician in 2003 when he said invading Iraq would be a dumb thing for Bush to to do. So I ask you once again:
NFBW: When Obama said Bush doing a regime change in Iraq will be a dumb war and he opposes dumb wars was he being a weak leader?​

Last edited:
Cool...that has zero to do with the discussion. Obama's opposition to the war prior to Xiden and Congress's approval of it, has zero to do with the fact he screwed up in 2011

“Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised.” DUBYA the DECIDER March 17 2003.

Do you believe the CONGRESS authorized Dubya to lie to the world?

Biden did not approve Bush’s decision to launch an ill-prepared invasion on MARCH 18 without giving the world community the most powerful convincing evidence that Iraq was “hiding” something from 1441 inspections.

So your comment contains a lie. You must re-word it.

Yep those are examples of libtards that flipped flopped.

You bring up Biden. You are a liar when you accuse Biden of flip flopping on regime change in Iraq.

You cannot grow intellectually when you continue to deliberately lie like that. Don’t you ever want to get out of your “Too Stupid to Exist” shallow existence?

I opposed the war.

I opposed it because I understand the primitive nature of Islamic Arab culture enough to realize there are only two possible forms of governence for these severely inbred people. THey either live under a ruthless, strong armed leader who is capable of keeping a lid on the crazies or be ruled by the crazies.
So, essentially, the difference between that culture and America is that the duopoly takes the place just one "leader".

Are you actually suffering from such delusions that you think it is common for us to marry our cousins?

That's rare these days.

Consanguinity Among the Arab and Jewish Populations in ...
Consanguinity Among the Arab and Jewish Populations in Israel Consanguineous marriages are associated with many problems, although the prevailing opinion is that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. This explains why the custom is still extremely prevalent, particularly in Arab countries, India and small isolated communities.
More of your Taqiyya. I can't even recall a single posting from you that wasn't a lie.

.thus leaving the door open for ISIS and Iran to pick apart the newly formed Govt...
Wait a minute catholic dude, Do you not grasp or even marginally comprehend the religious aspect the Sunni Shiite split on the political and societal situation in Iraq?

Butch took the Sunnis, a religious minority, out of power when he “dumbly” sent US ground troops into Iraq to nation build on the false case that Saddam Hussein was hiding weapons of mass destruction In March 2003 From UN inspectors.

Bush put the Shiites, the religious majority, in Iraq in power when he sent US ground troops to nation build on the false premise that Saddam Hussein was hiding weapons of mass destruction in March 2003.

Iraq’s neighbor Iran is Shiite and is an ally, a huge strategic supporter, and religiously aligned benefactor to the Shiite run government of Iraq the second it l was first formed in 2004. Maliki lived in Iran in exile for Christ sake.

So what “picking apart” of the Maliki government would American troops teaching Iraqis how to change the oil in an Abrams tank have stopped it?

SIS didn't care who was President of Iraq....they wanted a caliphate.....and got one,
I did a Google map search of the area and I found no evidence of an ISIS caliphate. Even going back to when Obama was president. Why do you credit murderous thugs that are the worst of all non-state terrorists in the modern world with getting a caliphate.

What is wrong with you Catholic dude?

Of course they were there to make sure the Govt had a chance to take hold and grow...
What do you mean “take hold“? You yourself admit that when Bush signed the first sofa in 2008 Iraq was stable and free.

There was a continuum of a certain level of violence due mostly to Shiite government neglect in the Sunni triangle, but during the first two years of Obama‘s presidency there was no outward indication that Iraq was less stable and free by the start of 2012. As you know 2012 is the date agreed to by President Bush to reduce the number of troops in Iraq to zero. That’s zero with a Z and it ends with an O. Which may help you to remember because a zero and an “O” look alike. In case you need to look up the word. Most would say Iraq was more stable each month of Obama‘s first term as president. So you’re kind of lying here to suggest that there was any reason why the Bush Maliki withdrawal date needed to be set back or reason to be re-negotiated.

with respect to combat troops Obama did not change a thing from the time Bush agreed all troops must leave and the date that they actually did. So you have no case against Obama for failing to do anything. He refused nothing that a Iraq wanted militarily from their perspective that they needed to have their government take hold and grow far into the future.

I believe as a settlement on the immunity issue Obama agreed to keep trainers in Kuwait so the Iraqis had to come to us to be trained. Is that too cruel.

How was keeping American soldiers out of Iraq because the Iraqi government would under no circumstances grant them immunity after 2011 an Obama screwup?

please explain.

Yes...it worked...we saw a drop in violence after the surge.
So you approved and supported Bush’s decision to put 30,000 US Military troops in harms way to nation build in Iraq in 2006? Is that correct?

They had decided before Bush was elected to overthrow Saddam.. The Brits cranked up Operation Mass Appeal to sell the war in 1997.

Forum List

Back