Did you Support War in Iraq??

Did you support the War in Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
1) Despite Difficult Talks, U.S. and Iraq Had Expected Some American Troops to Stay (Published 2011)

Despite Difficult Talks, U.S. and Iraq Had Expected Some American Troops to Stay​

2) i have...I think you are confusing Iraq and Iran. Saddam didn't come to power until the late 70s
3) I am just repeating what Obama said
4) Just repeating what Obama said
View attachment 487559

Saddam came to power in 1959 with the coup that overthrew Qasim. He was the power behind the throne with the dictator that preceded him, and he was the CIA's guy.

6) True, but he is not the leader of my Govt. My faith and Govt are two different things

How can they be? Either you think the Pope has a line to talking to God or you don't. If God and the Pope said the war was wrong, that should be your position as well.
There was no coup in 1959...there was in 1958...and that is when Qasim came to power...he was killed in 1963. Saddam was a member of the opposition, but the CIA had no direct involvment in the 1963 coup....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramadan_Revolution#cite_note-FOOTNOTECitino2017218-219,_222-11

"While there have been persistent rumors that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) orchestrated the coup, declassified documents and the testimony of former CIA officers indicate there was no direct American involvement, although the U.S. had been notified of two aborted Ba'athist coup plots in July and December 1962 and its post-coup actions suggested that "at best it condoned and at worst it contributed to the violence that followed."[10][11][12] Despite evidence that the CIA had been closely tracking the Ba'ath Party's coup planning since "at least 1961," a CIA official working with Archie Roosevelt Jr. to instigate a military coup against Qasim, and who later became the head of the CIA's operations in Iraq and Syria, has "denied any involvement in the Ba'ath Party's actions," stating instead that the CIA's efforts against Qasim were still in the planning stages at the time."

I have a direct line to God too. The Pope is the head of the Church, who's authority comes directly from God. God certainly wants peace, I have no doubt about that. But God is so great he gave his children free-will. If you have questions about the Catholic faith, and war...talk with Xiden...he's alledgely a Catholic and has voted for and supported far more wars then anyone I know on Earth today
With a "direct line to God", you are doing all of us a disservice wasting you time here. Serious work needs to be done with what is going on in the world. Get busy!

I opposed the war.

I opposed it because I understand the primitive nature of Islamic Arab culture enough to realize there are only two possible forms of governence for these severely inbred people. THey either live under a ruthless, strong armed leader who is capable of keeping a lid on the crazies or be ruled by the crazies.

How do you know Arab culture?

1) Despite Difficult Talks, U.S. and Iraq Had Expected Some American Troops to Stay (Published 2011)

Despite Difficult Talks, U.S. and Iraq Had Expected Some American Troops to Stay​

2) i have...I think you are confusing Iraq and Iran. Saddam didn't come to power until the late 70s
View attachment 487559

Saddam came to power in 1959 with the coup that overthrew Qasim. He was the power behind the throne with the dictator that preceded him, and he was the CIA's guy.

6) True, but he is not the leader of my Govt. My faith and Govt are two different things

How can they be? Either you think the Pope has a line to talking to God or you don't. If God and the Pope said the war was wrong, that should be your position as well.
There was no coup in 1959...there was in 1958...and that is when Qasim came to power...he was killed in 1963. Saddam was a member of the opposition, but the CIA had no direct involvment in the 1963 coup....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramadan_Revolution#cite_note-FOOTNOTECitino2017218-219,_222-11

"While there have been persistent rumors that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) orchestrated the coup, declassified documents and the testimony of former CIA officers indicate there was no direct American involvement, although the U.S. had been notified of two aborted Ba'athist coup plots in July and December 1962 and its post-coup actions suggested that "at best it condoned and at worst it contributed to the violence that followed."[10][11][12] Despite evidence that the CIA had been closely tracking the Ba'ath Party's coup planning since "at least 1961," a CIA official working with Archie Roosevelt Jr. to instigate a military coup against Qasim, and who later became the head of the CIA's operations in Iraq and Syria, has "denied any involvement in the Ba'ath Party's actions," stating instead that the CIA's efforts against Qasim were still in the planning stages at the time."

I have a direct line to God too. The Pope is the head of the Church, who's authority comes directly from God. God certainly wants peace, I have no doubt about that. But God is so great he gave his children free-will. If you have questions about the Catholic faith, and war...talk with Xiden...he's alledgely a Catholic and has voted for and supported far more wars then anyone I know on Earth today
With a "direct line to God", you are doing all of us a disservice wasting you time here. Serious work needs to be done with what is going on in the world. Get busy!
When did I say I didn't do service work? I am very involved in my community and do a lot of community service. I fail to see how me being able to pray to God, somehow draws your conclusion that I don't do community service work? My church, which I admit, I am not active in, does a lot of community service work as well.

Bottom line is we were conned and lied to so we could involve the US in a war where we did not belong. The US had no business in Iraq at any point in time.

View attachment 487559

When did I say I didn't do service work? I am very involved in my community and do a lot of community service. I fail to see how me being able to pray to God, somehow draws your conclusion that I don't do community service work? My church, which I admit, I am not active in, does a lot of community service work as well.
Apparently, you can add my post to the list of things you didn't understand.

I opposed the war.

I opposed it because I understand the primitive nature of Islamic Arab culture enough to realize there are only two possible forms of governence for these severely inbred people. THey either live under a ruthless, strong armed leader who is capable of keeping a lid on the crazies or be ruled by the crazies.
So, essentially, the difference between that culture and America is that the duopoly takes the place just one "leader".

I opposed the war.

So, essentially, the difference between that culture and America is that the duopoly takes the place just one "leader".

Are you actually suffering from such delusions that you think it is common for us to marry our cousins?

Last edited:
For those of you too stupid or too dishonest to remember or check history, Iraq was a Bush initiative. Pure and simple.

Dems were forced into defensive votes to approve something they could not stop. They were overwhelmingly for a cautious approach.

Those Dems who voted against it were almost universally voted out of office. Note Max Cleland (a war vet who lost multiple limbs in Vietnam) who was called a terrorist and voted out.
Did I support a war that Saddam Hussein inspired by murdering 30 villages of Kurdish ancestry with a WOMD known as Sarin gas?

The Saddam Hussein that immediately bequeathed his sons a rape room apiece as their coming of age gift?

The Saddam Hussein that upon taking power from his deceased uncle had a meeting with Iraq's Representatives and after giving a speech asked who liked his plans. Frightened because he was known to be a bully half of them raised their hands in solidarity. Then he gave each of them a gun and ordered each to shoot and kill one of the ones who did not raise their hand in support of him. Many of the supporters could not kill their fellow legislator as ordered so when all was said and done, Saddam murdered the ones who did not shoot his nonsupporters. In all 174 legislators were shot and killed that day. That Saddam Hussein?

The Saddam Hussein that invaded his neighbor Kuwait who were strong U.S. allies, executing 10,000 of them in the process?

The Saddam Hussein that would kill an entire family and hang all of them on the walls of Baghdad if one of their family members criticized his authority?

The Saddam Hussein who paid families a generous amount for acts of violence against Israelis and twice that if they killed an American?

The Saddam Hussein that supported AlQaeda when Afganistan made them leave?

Why yes. Yes I did support our troops who found mass graves in those Kurdish ghost towns among other things.

Yes it was time to deal with the madman who invaded and murdered almost a million Iranians including children after harvesting only beautiful women for his rape rooms.

And do I recall the reason Saddam murdered his Iranian neighbors? Well all he wanted was 25 square miles of beachfront on the border between Iraq and Iran.

I'm going on memory of reading Madeline Albright's state department files on Hussein and her warnings about visiting Iraq plus a few gems above. I also read the files on the Bush/Cheney era as it looked like Saddam Hussein grew more and more hostile to Americans who prevented him from paying for their slaughter by Palestinian families who sent suicide bombers to kill as many Israelis as possible again with double the price for every American the suicide bombers took out.

So yeah I did support Dubya's war against the madman of Iraq. And I'd support it again if another such monster came upon the world scene. Dubya did the Muslims a favor by ridding them of a man who killed more muslims than anyone else in history. If I'm not mistaken Saddam Hussein's unneighborly kills totaled a million and his murders inside iraq was said to be half a million.

The Demmies hated Dubya because he never failed to do the right thing. They lied their asses off about Dubya with a similar venom as they used on Trump.

Democrats are weak sisters on foreign affairs. They think not standing up to bullies brings peace. Not!

Now the Demmies have devolved into criminality against taxpayers having gotten Biden to scrounge up a hidden and an illegal source for campaign cash involving foreign aid scamming by Joseph Biden's extortion of 3rd world countries for billions and billions of dollars.

I wonder what state department files are like today?
There's lots of really bad leaders out there. Would you support taking them all out?

For those of you too stupid or too dishonest to remember or check history, Iraq was a Bush initiative. Pure and simple.

Dems were forced into defensive votes to approve something they could not stop. They were overwhelmingly for a cautious approach.

Those Dems who voted against it were almost universally voted out of office. Note Max Cleland (a war vet who lost multiple limbs in Vietnam) who was called a terrorist and voted out.
Did I support a war that Saddam Hussein inspired by murdering 30 villages of Kurdish ancestry with a WOMD known as Sarin gas?

The Saddam Hussein that immediately bequeathed his sons a rape room apiece as their coming of age gift?

The Saddam Hussein that upon taking power from his deceased uncle had a meeting with Iraq's Representatives and after giving a speech asked who liked his plans. Frightened because he was known to be a bully half of them raised their hands in solidarity. Then he gave each of them a gun and ordered each to shoot and kill one of the ones who did not raise their hand in support of him. Many of the supporters could not kill their fellow legislator as ordered so when all was said and done, Saddam murdered the ones who did not shoot his nonsupporters. In all 174 legislators were shot and killed that day. That Saddam Hussein?

The Saddam Hussein that invaded his neighbor Kuwait who were strong U.S. allies, executing 10,000 of them in the process?

The Saddam Hussein that would kill an entire family and hang all of them on the walls of Baghdad if one of their family members criticized his authority?

The Saddam Hussein who paid families a generous amount for acts of violence against Israelis and twice that if they killed an American?

Why yes. Yes I did support our troops who found mass graves in those Kurdish ghost towns among other things.

Yes it was time to deal with the madman who invaded and murdered almost a million Iranians including children after harvesting only beautiful women for his rape rooms.

And do I recall the reason Saddam murdered his Iranian neighbors? Well all he wanted was 25 square miles of beachfront on the border between Iraq and Iran.

I'm going on memory of reading Madeline Albright's state department files on Hussein and her warnings about visiting Iraq plus a few gems above. I also read the files on the Bush/Cheney era as it looked like Saddam Hussein grew more and more hostile to Americans who prevented him from paying for their slaughter by Palestinian families who sent suicide bombers to kill as many Israelis as possible again with double the price for every American the suicide bombers took out.

So yeah I did support Dubya's war against the madman of Iraq. And I'd support it again if another such monster came upon the world scene. Dubya did the Muslims a favor by ridding them of a man who killed more muslims than anyone else in history. If I'm not mistaken Saddam Hussein's unneighborly kills totaled a million and his murders inside iraq was said to be half a million.

The Demmies hated Dubya because he never failed to do the right thing. They lied their asses off about Dubya with a similar venom as they used on Trump.

Democrats are weak sisters on foreign affairs. They think not standing up to bullies brings peace. Not!

Now the Demmies have devolved into criminality against taxpayers having gotten Biden to scrounge up a hidden and an illegal source for campaign cash involving foreign aid scamming by Joseph Biden's extortion of 3rd world countries for billions and billions of dollars.

There's lots of really bad leaders out there. Would you support taking them all out?
Oh ya? And which of those "really bad leaders out there" is as horrific as Saddam who made an attempt on the life of a President of the United States in addition to senselessly murdered 1,500,000 people during his or her reign of terror not to mention giving double pay to any arab who murdered a United States citizen do you have in mind, Mr. Smarty Party?

Oh I get it. You cannot for the life of you recall his name and which people he poisoned with such a WOMD as Sarin gas. Do tell toots. Oh and killed a million human beings over coveting a 25 square mile beachfront for pleasures by the sea?

You Demmies sound believable but when it comes down to facts your brain is Jello in a minute. List facts and names or go stand in the corner junior.

Oh ya? And which of those "really bad leaders out there" is as horrific as Saddam who made an attempt on the life of a President of the United States in addition to senselessly murdered 1,500,000 people during his or her reign of terror not to mention giving double pay to any arab who murdered a United States citizen do you have in mind, Mr. Smarty Party?

Oh I get it. You cannot for the life of you recall his name and which people he poisoned with such a WOMD as Sarin gas. Do tell toots. Oh and killed a million human beings over covering a 25 square mile beachfront for pleasures by the sea?

You Demmies sound believable but when it comes down to facts your brain is Jello in a minute. List facts for go stand in the corner junior.
So we should have gone into Rwanda? Cambodia? Serbia? How about Qaddafi? He shot down an American plane over Lockerbie.

How do you feel about Putin or Duterte?

Great guys all huh?

Sadly, when Xiden was in the Executive, as VP, and had a free and stable...Saddam free Iraq, with numerous nations in a coalition supporting him, he turned his back on the nation building aspect in an election year for political gain

Since Iraq was in all appearance as free and stable and perhaps more so as it was in December 2008 when DUBYA handed off the US&UK ill-prepared and ill-conceived Iraqi Nation Building REGIME CHANGE Project that you support to this day, Oh Catholic man, hear ye this:

In 2003 Biden warned Bush’s officials in the JANUARY 30 Senate HEARING not to do REGIME CHANGE in haste and unprepared for nation building and not without the world and the United Nations with you and committed 100 percent.

So when you say that Biden turned his back on Bush’s nation building project in 2009 You must be nuts

You keep saying the “US&UK ill-prepared and ill-conceived Iraqi Nation Building REGIME CHANGE Project” turned out to be a huge success that was handed off to Obama and Biden in 2009. So a big part of that nation building success was for Biden and Obama being able to withdraw all US troops from Iraq by 2011.

So they did the correct follow through on nation building and the United nations were behind them.

You have cherry picked things that Biden said in that January 30 hearing to identify him as a warmonger for supporting what Bush decided to do. To do as Biden warned in haste, not prepared and without worldwide support.

So tell me what did Biden turn his back on by throwing combat troops remain free and stable Iraq and respect for the sovereignty that was agonizingly achieved in 2008? Agonizingly because Bush did not listen to Joe Biden in 2003 as he would have been wise to do. Let the injectors have more time to be certain the evidence for a case of justifying preemptive regime change is rock solid sand the case for war has worldwide support.

Biden was ignored and Bush lied to invade

HEARING BEFORE THE COMMITTEE ON FOREIGN RELATIONS UNITED STATES SENATE JANUARY 30, 2003 NFBWSEN108JAN30IRAQ1

struth Yesterday at 1:13 PM

And this exchange with Xiden...where Xiden is making the case to overthrow Saddam:

The administration officials, including the President on Tuesday night, have repeatedly asserted that the Iraqi
Government maintains ties with members
of the al-Qaeda network.

Are you able to tell us what evidence you have to support that claim? And as a follow-on to that, why is it that we spend, it seems, so much time on making the assertions that are the least--or the most difficult to prove, including the aluminum tubes, when we have such overwhelming evidence of the failure of Iraq to comply with the existence--or with 1441? It seems to undercut our case. We lead with the two things that may be true, but are the most difficult to prove, and we seem not do

what you guys did here today, very compellingly talk about VX, anthrax, things we know.So it is a two-part question. One, what evidence, if youare able to share with us, is there about direct connection between Saddam and al-Qaeda? And two, what is the rationale for how we have been leading thus far, and will it change with the evidence we are presenting?

Mr. Armitage: Thank you, sir. On the question of al-Qaeda, in this forum, I will say that it is clear that al-Qaeda is
harbored to some extent in Iraq, that there is a presence in Iraq. There are other indications of some--a recent assassination of our diplomat in Amman, Mr. Foley, that was apparently orchestrated by an al-Qaeda member who is resident in Baghdad.

Having said that, I am not making the case here that this is a 9/11 connection, but I will make the case that the President has made consistently, sir, and that is that it is the thirst for the weapons of mass destruction and our belief that if Saddam Hussein can pass them to people who will do us ill without being caught, he will do it. That gives us so much concern. And this will be part of the information that Secretary Powell is going to impart in some more detail. They are busy back home right now trying to declassify as much as possible to give him a pretty full case.

On the question of why we spend so much time on things that are difficult to prove, I do not know. Perhaps, particularly on the aluminum tubes, we miscalculated. Clearly, there is a difference of opinion in the intelligence community, which we
came up and briefed forthrightly and, indeed, deliberately.

Senator Biden. I agree, you did.

Mr. Armitage. Well, the reason we did it deliberately was to show you we are not playing hide-the-bacon here. I believe that, as I indicated to Senator Hagel the other day in a conversation, that the view is shifting on this more to the side that this has a relationship to nuclear activities, rather than rocket motors. But perhaps we miscalculated. And I take your comments as a sign to, as we used to say in the Navy, ``KISS''--``Keep it simple, sailor''--go with your--go with your----
Senator Biden. Strongest case.
Mr. Armitage. Yes, your strong points.

You are a liar because you wholeheartedly support to this very day, Bush’s unnecessary decision on March 17 2003 to unilaterally remove 200 UNSC weapons inspections to launch a ground invasion to depose Saddam HUSSEIN in the false grounds that chec was actively at the time .. as quoted “Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised.” DUBYA the DECIDER March 17 2003.

Last edited:

Oh I get it. You cannot for the life of you recall his name and which people he poisoned with such a WOMD as Sarin gas. Do tell toots. Oh and killed a million human beings over coveting a 25 square mile beachfront for pleasures by the sea?

You Demmies sound believable but when it comes down to facts your brain is Jello in a minute. List facts and names or go stand in the corner junior.

LOLOL Operation Mass Appeal certainly got its money's worth with you.

Oh I get it. You cannot for the life of you recall his name and which people he poisoned with such a WOMD as Sarin gas. Do tell toots. Oh and killed a million human beings over covering a 25 square mile beachfront for pleasures by the sea?

You Demmies sound believable but when it comes down to facts your brain is Jello in a minute. List facts for go stand in the corner junior.
So we should have gone into Rwanda? Cambodia? Serbia? How about Qaddafi? He shot down an American plane over Lockerbie.

Great guys all huh?
Qaddafi is dead. I didn't see your list of his criminal activities nor how many domestic deaths and deaths of his neighbors. No access to Obama's State Department? Another deep state secret hm? Well well well. :rolleyes:

I opposed the war.

Are you actually suffering from such delusions that you think it is common for us to marry our cousins?

That's rare these days.

Consanguinity Among the Arab and Jewish Populations in ...
Consanguinity Among the Arab and Jewish Populations in Israel Consanguineous marriages are associated with many problems, although the prevailing opinion is that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. This explains why the custom is still extremely prevalent, particularly in Arab countries, India and small isolated communities.

Great guys all huh?
Qaddafi is dead. I didn't see your list of his criminal activities nor how many domestic deaths and deaths of his neighbors. No access to Obama's State Department? Another deep state secret hm? Well well well. :rolleyes:

Read Clean Break Strategy.. That's why we overthrew Saddam.

HOW sophomoric can you get, doll. Did you have pictures on the net heralding what your partner in misinformation slathered out of his keyboard? Pictures accompanying Bill Clinton's State Department and Dubya's were all over the net as proofs. Of course you don't. The deep state Demonrats make up narratives which is why you saw nothing to raise an eyebrow and the Commie team of the current administration does not want us to see nothing because their word is their wand er I mean bond. /snicker

HOW sophomoric can you get, doll. Did you have pictures on the net heralding what your partner in misinformation slathered out of his keyboard? Pictures accompanying Bill Clinton's State Department and Dubya's were all over the net as proofs. Of course you don't. The deep state Demonrats make up narratives which is why you saw nothing to raise an eyebrow and the Commie team of the current administration does not want us to see nothing because their word is their wand er I mean bond. /snicker

Bibi Netanyahu isn't a Democrat.

Great guys all huh?

Read Clean Break Strategy.. That's why we overthrew Saddam.
IOW you don't remember the details enough to put forth any facts names deeds head counts etc. I'm not going to do your debate for you. Cough up the details from your memory banks or you will have to trick somebody else with the claim that there were leaders as bad. Give your own brain a review for your debate, hun, or you'll have to find another debate partner who is willing to carry your load for you.So far your debate has less facts in it than a squirrel's horde of acorns from last fall.

Bibi did nothing wrong. Your failure to deliver facts is what's wrong. You are scared of using your memory to back your cause which at this point is about as clear as mud. Lazy debaters are as boring as it gets. You got nothin.' Bye.

Bibi did nothing wrong. Your failure to deliver facts is what's wrong. You are scared of using your memory to back your cause which at this point is about as clear as mud. Lazy debaters are as boring as it gets. You got nothin.' Bye.

What do you think Operation Mass Appeal was about?

A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm
www.dougfeith.com/docs/Clean_Break.pdf

A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm Following is a report prepared by The Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies’ "Study Group on a New Israeli Strategy Toward 2000." The main substantive ideas in this paper emerge from a discussion in which prominent opinion makers, including Richard Perle, James

Forum List

Back