Detroit Police Officer Shoots and Kills Black Man

Maybe if there had been a social worker there when they tried to help him earlier he could have been directed towards actual help. It wouldn't have hurt to have one there anyway. The police are not equipped to address people having mental health issues.

The police are not equipped to address people having mental health issues.

They were equipped enough to handle a crazy person with multiple weapons.

It would be far better if they did not have to. The officer was injured here. He could have been injured even worse than he was. For some reason we prefer this over earlier intervention.

The social workers failed.
Thank goodness the police weren't defunded yet.

Maybe if there had been a social worker there when they tried to help him earlier he could have been directed towards actual help. It wouldn't have hurt to have one there anyway. The police are not equipped to address people having mental health issues.
When the nut ball is armed and attacking police or other citizens with deadly weapons, they are pretty well equipped. Where were this man's family and friends that should have been the first to see his mental state? If he had come at me or mine with a knife and sword, I would have dealt with it in a similar manner.

Maybe they have tried. I don't know. It's really hard to get people the help they need. We prefer to see to the needs of billionaires.

It's really hard to get people the help they need.

I'm just thankful the liberal push for de-institutionalization was so successful.

It was over the costs. You can address what I said or chase your boogeymen under your bed.

It would be far better if they did not have to. The officer was injured here. He could have been injured even worse than he was. For some reason we prefer this over earlier intervention.

They may have, they may not have. We can not take anything from this one video. But that won't stop you will it?

When the nut ball is armed and attacking police or other citizens with deadly weapons, they are pretty well equipped. Where were this man's family and friends that should have been the first to see his mental state? If he had come at me or mine with a knife and sword, I would have dealt with it in a similar manner.

Maybe they have tried. I don't know. It's really hard to get people the help they need. We prefer to see to the needs of billionaires.
Has nothing to do with billionaires. Has to do with those close at hand, friends and family not taking responsibility for their sick. When they get unsteady at the wheel we take their keys. When they are erratic, unstable and talking of or committing violence we take their weapons and try to get them help. Help or no help, we do not leave them armed and dangerous. This isn't the break down of society due to trickle up. This is the breakdown of family and person responsibility for those around you at the individual level.

Has nothing to do with billionaires. Has to do with those close at hand, friends and family not taking responsibility for their sick.

Mental health care is expensive. Prohibitively so for many.

When they get unsteady at the wheel we take their keys. When they are erratic, unstable and talking of or committing violence we take their weapons and try to get them help. Help or no help, we do not leave them armed and dangerous. This isn't the break down of society due to trickle up. This is the breakdown of family and person responsibility for those around you at the individual level.

Unless they have somewhere to go you can't take from them forever and in all cases. It's not hard to find a sword or other weapon.

It's really hard to get people the help they need.

I'm just thankful the liberal push for de-institutionalization was so successful.

It was over the costs. You can address what I said or chase your boogeymen under your bed.

It was over the costs.

Was it really?

At least the dead guy in Detroit appeciates the savings.

They may have, they may not have. We can not take anything from this one video. But that won't stop you will it?

They may have, they may not have.

The dead guy is proof they failed.

Has nothing to do with billionaires. Has to do with those close at hand, friends and family not taking responsibility for their sick.

When they get unsteady at the wheel we take their keys. When they are erratic, unstable and talking of or committing violence we take their weapons and try to get them help. Help or no help, we do not leave them armed and dangerous. This isn't the break down of society due to trickle up. This is the breakdown of family and person responsibility for those around you at the individual level.

Unless they have somewhere to go you can't take from them forever and in all cases. It's not hard to find a sword or other weapon.
Far more expensive than families and friends taking responsibility as their brother's, son's, father's keeper. We do not let children have or play with weapons as we know it is inherently dangerous and we care for our children. Sadly the one's we care about can slip more toward the point where they cannot adequately be responsible for themselves again. We may not be able to cure their condition, but we can and most of us do take many of the means of deadly violence away from them. If you brother went blind would you let him drive his car just because he had paid for it and it belonged to him?

Far more expensive than families and friends taking responsibility as their brother's, son's, father's keeper. We do not let children have or play with weapons as we know it is inherently dangerous and we care for our children. Sadly the one's we care about can slip more toward the point where they cannot adequately be responsible for themselves again. We may not be able to cure their condition, but we can and most of us do take many of the means of deadly violence away from them. If you brother went blind would you let him drive his car just because he had paid for it and it belonged to him?

We are not talking about children.

May the process of his sainthood begin. A BLM mural in honor of him just isn't enough.

It doesn't seem very fair. The officer brought a Firearm to a sword fight.
Poor baby. The police officer did what he was trained to do. Don't want shot, don't be stupid.
didn't you see his skin color, dude? This gentle ninja was just out there minding his own business when that white devil pig just murdered him for no reason at all!

I'm so mad about it that I am THIS close to looting a liquor store for social justice!

Normal children can have weapons, dumbass.

Yes. We are. When they no longer react as an adult, families do not treat them as full fledged adults as it is unsafe to them and others. To do otherwise is irresponsible. To an extent, especially when afflicted, you are your brothers keeper or you simply do not give a damn about your brother. It starts in the home. It has always started in the home and always will. Expecting society or government to see what you even see up close what family sees, much less micromanage it effectively is stupid, pie in the sky thinking or the absence of rational thought.

Been letting normal 6 year olds play with your .38 dumbass?

Been letting normal 6 year olds play with your .38 dumbass?
That would be highly irresponsible. Of course not!
I bet you never had a toy gun or a slingshot, huh? Nancy boy?

Yes. We are. When they no longer react as an adult, families do not treat them as full fledged adults as it is unsafe to them and others. To do otherwise is irresponsible. To an extent, especially when afflicted, you are your brothers keeper or you simply do not give a damn about your brother. It starts in the home. It has always started in the home and always will. Expecting society or government to see what you even see up close what family sees, much less micromanage it effectively is stupid, pie in the sky thinking or the absence of rational thought.

Families are unable to treat a persons mental illness.

Families are unable to treat a persons mental illness.
In Alabama and Palatka, they just chain them up down in the basement.
State Mental Hospitals need to make a comeback.

A social worker would have been chopped to pieces

Why? There is no reason for them to get within striking distance.

So they're supposed to let the crazy dude wander the streets with swords and knives?

A social worker would have been chopped to pieces

Why? There is no reason for them to get within striking distance.

So they're supposed to let the crazy dude wander the streets with swords and knives?

No. I never said anything close to that. You can address what I actually said or make things up.

Forum List

Back