Democrats smell blood in Texas after sky-high primary turnout

The left's spin has already begun, Dem's got the 2020 win in the bag, its over, Trump is kaput. Ignoring that idiot Biden is their candidate and there hasn't been a single debate between Biden and Trump yet. :21:

• Banned
if Joe Biden picks Beto as VP, he will win Texas and the presidency, while still affording to lose Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, the states that led Trump to victory over Secretary Clinton in 2016

i cant wait for 2020, my friends!

Democratic primaries in six GOP-held districts saw a huge increase in voters compared to 2016. The spike indicates that a lethal recipe might be brewing for Republicans in the run-up to November: Trump’s unpopularity in the suburbs, combined with rapid demographic change and an amped-up Democratic base.

Democrats beat Republicans in statewide, North Texas primary turnout
I would not expect there to be a large Republican turnout in a primary in which the incumbent is the only candidate.

What does matter, though, are the Democratic numbers compared to 2020, and that reveals a huge surge in primary voters in 2020.

What is even more interesting is that Joe Biden received about 200,000 less votes in Texas than Clinton did in 2016 while Sanders has received about 150,000 votes more than he did in 2016.

All of the other Democratic candidates were still on the Texas primary ballot, and they received collectively around 700,000.

That's a lot of votes for Biden in November.

• Banned
I'm still worried though, my friends, I'M SOOO WORRIED!

If Democrats want to win in November, activists who are young and old will need to get out the vote among their peer groups. They’ll also need to buy into some shared vision, which will be hard considering the gulf in their preferences. Sanders’ voters want an assertive policy agenda. Biden’s voters mainly just want to beat Trump and reinstate the Obama administration.

How can this tension get resolved?

if Joe Biden picks Beto as VP, he will win Texas and the presidency, while still affording to lose Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, the states that led Trump to victory over Secretary Clinton in 2016

Texans rejected Beta the Gun Grabber. If Biden is stupid enough to pick him as VP, it will ensure Texas goes to President Trump.

Democratic primaries in six GOP-held districts saw a huge increase in voters compared to 2016. The spike indicates that a lethal recipe might be brewing for Republicans in the run-up to November: Trump’s unpopularity in the suburbs, combined with rapid demographic change and an amped-up Democratic base.

I would not expect there to be a large Republican turnout in a primary in which the incumbent is the only candidate.

What does matter, though, are the Democratic numbers compared to 2020, and that reveals a huge surge in primary voters in 2020.

What is even more interesting is that Joe Biden received about 200,000 less votes in Texas than Clinton did in 2016 while Sanders has received about 150,000 votes more than he did in 2016.

All of the other Democratic candidates were still on the Texas primary ballot, and they received collectively around 700,000.

Check out Trump's numbers in the March 3rd Texas primary

Texas
Democrats
228 delegates

The Democratic race took place March 3rd, 2020.

Candidates Votes % Delegates
D Joe Biden 716,030 34.49% 111
D Bernie Sanders 622,360 29.98% 102
D Michael Bloomberg 298,262 14.37% 10
D Elizabeth Warren 237,028 11.42% 5
D Pete Buttigieg 82,221 3.96% 0
D Amy Klobuchar 43,027 2.07% 0
D Julian Castro 16,844 <1% 0
D Tom Steyer 13,801 <1% 0
D Michael Bennet 10,408 <1% 0
D Tulsi Gabbard 8,695 <1% 0
D Andrew Yang 6,673 <1% 0
D Roque De La Fuente III 5,590 <1% 0
D Cory Booker 4,914 <1% 0
D Marianne Williamson 3,902 <1% 0
D John Delaney 3,277 <1% 0
D Robby Wells 1,514 <1% 0
D Deval Patrick 1,316 <1% 0
CLOSEDPolls are closedReporting 100% in
Republicans
155 delegates
The Republican race took place March 3rd, 2020.

R Donald Trump 1,889,006 94.11% 117
R Uncommitted 71,555 3.56% 0
R Bill Weld 15,738 <1% 0
R Joe Walsh 14,769 <1% 0
R Roque De La Fuente 7,668 <1% 0
R Bob Ely 3,565 <1% 0
R Matthew Matern 3,525 <1% 0
R Zoltan Istvan 1,488 <1% 0
CLOSEDPolls are closedReporting 99% in

I laugh

I'm still worried though, my friends, I'M SOOO WORRIED!

If Democrats want to win in November, activists who are young and old will need to get out the vote among their peer groups. They’ll also need to buy into some shared vision, which will be hard considering the gulf in their preferences. Sanders’ voters want an assertive policy agenda. Biden’s voters mainly just want to beat Trump and reinstate the Obama administration.

How can this tension get resolved?

By a Trump landslide.

I was one of them

I voted for biden when it looked as if bernie was the frontrunner

Texas dems are in for a disappointment

What has happened since the Monday before Super Tuesday is that the Democrat machine, mainly government employee unions, who never work anyway, were summoned to go to the polls and vote for Low IQ Joe.

Their "primary turnout" is really just their General turnout, and it is still laughable, and shows Democrats don't care, don't think, and just obey orders from higher ranking comrades....

Last edited:
They say this shit every election in Texas. “Oh the Hispanic vote is going to turn Texas blue”. Every fucking election when I lived there
But the demographics work in favor of the Dems overall, dont they?

Helllooooo??? - what did you expect?
Trump is the only one running....except some guy who is expected to only win one delegate. So why would there be a massive turnout when there is only one candidate?

Same old same old. “Rapid demographic change” is code for “we are going to defeat your country by importing foreigners”.
What a treasonous bunch.

Check out Trump's numbers in the March 3rd Texas primary

Texas
Democrats
228 delegates

The Democratic race took place March 3rd, 2020.

D Joe Biden 716,030 34.49% 111
D Bernie Sanders 622,360 29.98% 102
D Michael Bloomberg 298,262 14.37% 10
D Elizabeth Warren 237,028 11.42% 5
D Pete Buttigieg 82,221 3.96% 0
D Amy Klobuchar 43,027 2.07% 0
D Julian Castro 16,844 <1% 0
D Tom Steyer 13,801 <1% 0
D Michael Bennet 10,408 <1% 0
D Tulsi Gabbard 8,695 <1% 0
D Andrew Yang 6,673 <1% 0
D Roque De La Fuente III 5,590 <1% 0
D Cory Booker 4,914 <1% 0
D Marianne Williamson 3,902 <1% 0
D John Delaney 3,277 <1% 0
D Robby Wells 1,514 <1% 0
D Deval Patrick 1,316 <1% 0
CLOSEDPolls are closedReporting 100% in
Republicans
155 delegates
The Republican race took place March 3rd, 2020.

R Donald Trump 1,889,006 94.11% 117
R Uncommitted 71,555 3.56% 0
R Bill Weld 15,738 <1% 0
R Joe Walsh 14,769 <1% 0
R Roque De La Fuente 7,668 <1% 0
R Bob Ely 3,565 <1% 0
R Matthew Matern 3,525 <1% 0
R Zoltan Istvan 1,488 <1% 0
CLOSEDPolls are closedReporting 99% in

Bump - See Texas primary. Ds & Rs

Helllooooo??? - what did you expect?
Trump is the only one running....except some guy who is expected to only win one delegate. So why would there be a massive turnout when there is only one candidate?

Frankly amazing the turnout in the Republican Party based on your fact.
He's crushing normal incumbent turnout.

Texas doesn't have an open primary, so you can waste your primary vote on the incumbent in the primary, or vote against the worst opponent in the other party's primary but not both. OF COURSE there's huge Dem turnout. Republicans and independents are voting in the Dem primary.
:laugh:

I voted for Barrack against Hitlery in the Texas primary back in 2008. Was not allowed to vote against John "Military/Industrial Complex" McCain.

Forum List

Back