Democrats likely reaction if they suffer massive losses in the 2022 midterms?

Dayton3

Gold Member
May 3, 2009
The Democrats are widely predicted to lose at least 10 seats or so in the 2022 midterm elections and thus lose control of the U.S. House.
They are even predicted to possibly lose one or two Senate seats and thus lose control of the U.S. Senate.

I think the Democrats have basically already accepted those as likely and have already made their peace with it.

But what if Democrats take staggeringly huge losses in the midterms? I'm talking 60-80 seats in the House and five or Six Senate seats? Losses so huge that they have little chance of retaking control of the House or Senate for another generation.

What are the Democrats likeliest reaction when they see themselves shut out of Congressional power probably until after 2030 or later?

The Democrats are widely predicted to lose at least 10 seats or so in the 2022 midterm elections and thus lose control of the U.S. House.
They are even predicted to possibly lose one or two Senate seats and thus lose control of the U.S. Senate.

I think the Democrats have basically already accepted those as likely and have already made their peace with it.

But what if Democrats take staggeringly huge losses in the midterms? I'm talking 60-80 seats in the House and five or Six Senate seats? Losses so huge that they have little chance of retaking control of the House or Senate for another generation.

What are the Democrats likeliest reaction when they see themselves shut out of Congressional power probably until after 2030 or later?

They will call it racism and blame White Supremacists.

Interesting question. IF it seems inevitable, they'll either try to repeat their moves from 2020 or they'll wait and try it in '24. They cannot win on policies and they know it. They've adopted a hostage taking stance and they'll likely resort to violence to try to intimidate the voters.

You still need better Republicans. The fact of the matter is that there are quite a lot of them at that level of politics who represent the same lobbyists who have tried to keep the electorate leashed over the last couple of years. And they spend just as much. They're just as content to inflate the dollar to the point that its value is shot. They're not really in disagreement over policy. They're only in disagreement on who gets to decide whether we get it rammed to us from the front or from the rear. Or, more clearly, who holds the gavel. The blue helmet or the red helmet. Ultimately, they're on the same team in terms of meaningfulness.

It's more logical to elect people who hold their noses and run as Republicans. It's the only way you're going to have any semblance of an opportunity to vote for constitutionally aware, competent, principled people.

Ultimately it depends on one's definition of 'winning.'

A loss of only 10 seats would be a massive victory for the Dems.

But what if Democrats take staggeringly huge losses in the midterms? I'm talking 60-80 seats in the House and five or Six Senate seats?

Clinton lost 54, Obama lost 63 (holy shit!) and Biden is much worse than either.

They'll stage another insurrection.

We’ll see how that works out when video of 1/6 is on the tube 24/7. :auiqs.jpg:

Bull shit. The DOJ/FBI had their agents and Antifa create that mess and it will be revealed. In fact there are videos of Antifa going into the bushes, taking off the Trump gear and shirts and putting their regular clothes on. It's been shown many times on the real news.

10 House seats and maybe 1 or 2 Senate seats? Are you smoking crack? Barring a major turn of events between now and Nov '22, they'll lose at least 30 House seats.

But to your next point, even if they lost 60-80 seats, it would be short lived, as the Republicans would do what they always do...circle jerk for 2 years, accomplish nothing, take it on the chin in the press, get blamed for the continuing fallout from the prior Dem agenda, and hand power right back to the Dems.

What happens is democrats actually win? Are we going to see cyber ninjas in every state? Because a bomb is about to get dropped on republicans in the upcoming year relative to daily televised hears of testimonies about the planning of 1-6. Inflation is not going to last forever and the opposition of republicans to vaccinate thereby prolonging COVID in this country is another albatross for republicans.

And then we have the abortion rulings.

You republicans are prematurely ejaculating. Things are not going to go as you think.

Bull shit. The DOJ/FBI had their agents and Antifa create that mess and it will be revealed. In fact there are videos of Antifa going into the bushes, taking off the Trump gear and shirts and putting their regular clothes on. It's been shown many times on the real news.
Lol! None of what you said was true. Quit listening to Alex Jones.

Riots all year.

R.80ab2969712709055ed1ecea8977534e

Psycho bullshit! I'm finally putting you on permanent ignore. Long overdue. Bye...

They will call it a rigged, fraudulent election and start an immediate investigation.

Xi cannot allow a normal midterm election. Accordingly expect either:
  1. New and deadly Covid variant or even smallpox
  2. Cyber attack, blamed on "Russia"
  3. Other

Forum List

Back