Democrats likely reaction if they suffer massive losses in the 2022 midterms?

The Democrats are widely predicted to lose at least 10 seats or so in the 2022 midterm elections and thus lose control of the U.S. House.
They are even predicted to possibly lose one or two Senate seats and thus lose control of the U.S. Senate.

I think the Democrats have basically already accepted those as likely and have already made their peace with it.

But what if Democrats take staggeringly huge losses in the midterms? I'm talking 60-80 seats in the House and five or Six Senate seats? Losses so huge that they have little chance of retaking control of the House or Senate for another generation.

What are the Democrats likeliest reaction when they see themselves shut out of Congressional power probably until after 2030 or later?

I can tell you this with certainty. They will not be marching in the streets claiming fraudulent elections like you idiots nor will they be trashing the capitol trying to overturn it.

But if your predictions are right, Joe will still be POTUS and he can issue reams of executive orders like trump did.

The Democrats are widely predicted to lose at least 10 seats or so in the 2022 midterm elections and thus lose control of the U.S. House.
They are even predicted to possibly lose one or two Senate seats and thus lose control of the U.S. Senate.
Without a major 180 I think it's going to be a lot worse than that.

We’ll see how that works out when video of 1/6 is on the tube 24/7. :auiqs.jpg:

If that's what you're hanging your hopes on, you're going to be incredibly disappointed. Here's the thing. Nobody cares except hard core partisans like you. People disapprove of it; many people are very turned off by it, but as far as the impact on their lives, nobody cares because it doesn't impact their lives. People will be voting on the fact that inflation is pricing them out of bare necessities. They will be voting on the corruption in their children's education system. They'll be voting on the failure to return American society to post-COVID normalcy. Nobody will be voting based on January 6th, but if it makes you feel better to sit there and snicker to yourself believing you've really got something on those dastardly Republicans by all means, laugh yourself all the to Election Day, right off the edge of a cliff with the other lemmings.

The five stages of grief, as usual, probably a little heavy on the anger, thanks in no small part to the in-your-face victory dances from the right. Lots of rage-retweets of Candace Owens hot takes for a while, then the organizers and political operatives would start working on 2024. Those of you on the right might not like to hear this, but it could very well light a fire leading to a massive 2024 Democratic turnout.

I think the Democrats have basically already accepted those as likely and have already made their peace with it.

But what if Democrats take staggeringly huge losses in the midterms? I'm talking 60-80 seats in the House and five or Six Senate seats? Losses so huge that they have little chance of retaking control of the House or Senate for another generation.

What are the Democrats likeliest reaction when they see themselves shut out of Congressional power probably until after 2030 or later?

If the polls don't turn around by late spring, you can bet there will be riots all over the country, just like 2020.

I'm sure the people who are installing the Polit bureau in Washington will plan it with the right number of blues and reds to maintain appearances. Meanwhile, does it really matter? It will be the same swamp as it has been for the past 40 years.

The five stages of grief, as usual, probably a little heavy on the anger, thanks in no small part to the in-your-face victory dances from the right. Lots of rage-retweets of Candace Owens hot takes for a while, then the organizers and political operatives would start working on 2024. Those of you on the right might not like to hear this, but it could very well light a fire leading to a massive 2024 Democratic turnout.
All I know is that I have more mobility where I live then many in the Deep Blue states. We keep hearing the tyranny and authoritarianism, but it is Repubs in those estates who are not as restrictive.

False flags all over the place.

Silly.. That is what mail in ballots are for

They could always pull a page from the Republican playbook, claim massive fraud, invent an international conspiracy, claim rigged voting machines, and when all else fails call for an insurrection.

You think that will win you the elections?

Not every Republican is a Trump supporter but every Democratic Party voter on this site seem to believe they are…
What does it matter? There’s a civil war going on in the Republican party, so throwing a little accelerant on the fire sounds like a good strategy. Should be fun to watch as they tear each other apart. We’re already seeing the start of it in Georgia. :popcorn:

They will burn and loot livelihoods throughout America and beat innocent Americans. But, hey, they will leave the US Capitol Building alone.

Forum List

Back