Democrats likely reaction if they suffer massive losses in the 2022 midterms?

Midterms are kryptonite for the Presidents party regardless of label. History was against the Democratic Party holding Congress...
It would just be nice if the parties could honestly look in the mirror when they lose. They never do.

The Dems still don't see how much they annoy people on the social issues. Or they WON'T see it.

That's largely what got us Trump in the first place.

The Democrats are widely predicted to lose at least 10 seats or so in the 2022 midterm elections and thus lose control of the U.S. House.
They are even predicted to possibly lose one or two Senate seats and thus lose control of the U.S. Senate.

I think the Democrats have basically already accepted those as likely and have already made their peace with it.

But what if Democrats take staggeringly huge losses in the midterms? I'm talking 60-80 seats in the House and five or Six Senate seats? Losses so huge that they have little chance of retaking control of the House or Senate for another generation.

What are the Democrats likeliest reaction when they see themselves shut out of Congressional power probably until after 2030 or later?

They won't storm the Capitol and commit treason.

The Democrats are widely predicted to lose at least 10 seats or so in the 2022 midterm elections and thus lose control of the U.S. House.
They are even predicted to possibly lose one or two Senate seats and thus lose control of the U.S. Senate.

I think the Democrats have basically already accepted those as likely and have already made their peace with it.

But what if Democrats take staggeringly huge losses in the midterms? I'm talking 60-80 seats in the House and five or Six Senate seats? Losses so huge that they have little chance of retaking control of the House or Senate for another generation.

What are the Democrats likeliest reaction when they see themselves shut out of Congressional power probably until after 2030 or later?
How'd they react in 2010?

Georgia didn't vote Democrat. They voted Republican.....and most of the residents feel they were robbed....because very few of them know anyone who voted Democrat. I used to live there. I know what they're thinking. Ever since Obama became president most of them have changed to Independents.
Whichever candidate wins the primary, those that didn’t vote for him will be pissed, making a win for the Dems all the more likely.

Most people thought Jan 6th was a media creation.....and every day more and more comes out about who was responsible for it.
Eventually, you'll lose the House and the Senate will go back to the GOP.....and you'd better hope they don't clear out the jails and allow all of the political prisoners to testify in hearings. Nancy Pelosi had better find herself a new home in a country that doesn't allow extradition. The FBI director Christoper Wray is already toast as we speak. So is the Attorney General.
The Big Lie isn’t working now and isn’t likely to fly any better next year when all the touted “evidence” is proven to be as false as the trash we’ve heard so far.

The Big Lie isn’t working now and isn’t likely to fly any better next year when all the touted “evidence” is proven to be as false as the trash we’ve heard so far.
The big lie is the claim that there was no election fraud and that thousands of gun owners tried to overthrow the government but forgot to bring a single gun with them.

Oh, run RINOs? That's your idea of what you Dems would do?

I agree that if the GOP really cleans up, for years, like Dems in the '40s and '50s did, they would immediately split into conservatives, moderates, and --- I don't know what the third group would be, Libertarians?

So I sort of like your idea, for plausibility. We always welcome Dems who switch to the Good Guys, but maybe we should consider if they are moles.

Heh heh. Us Dems. That's funny.

I'll tell you something.

The best person in Congress is Thomas Massie. Hands down.

The best person in the Senate is Rand Paul. Hands down.

A quick check of their voting records as well as sponsored/introduced legislation confirms this reality.

Neither are Democrat.

Nor are they Republican.

They're libertarians who held their noses and ran as Republicans to do the job that the posers representing the establishment Republican network refuse to do.

One person had Fauci, the highest paid minion the Feds could throw at us, the guy attacking civil liberties the hardest, quaking in his loafers in front of all of his friends. That was Rand.

One person stood up and challenged the notion that the Republic die in an empty chamber. That Was Massie.

Trump wanted him thrown out of the party for it and Pelosi called him a dangerous nuisance for it. Why? Because they're on the same team in the larger scope of things. That's why.

There's a part of me that is very grateful that so many Republicans in the electorate don't even know what's going on in their own party. As it is, it's how we get good people in there to work from within that rigged framework.

Last edited:
Riots all year.
You got that right. The Democratic shitholes will burn and the people they claim to care about and champion, the minorities, will suffer again and again. It will not be caused by any Republican unless RINOs are re-elected. Hopefully that won't happen.

Forum List

Back