Dear World, why are you blaming "Right Wing Christians" for Orlando?

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Dear World,

I have Muslim friends, I have seen Muslims walking about freely in public. I have nothing wrong with either of those things. I don't hate members of the Islamic faith and have nothing against Islam itself. But it is the moment one of them suddenly perverts their beliefs to commit an act of mass murder or terrorism when my hatred is incurred.

However, now, after Orlando, you want to heap the blame upon Christians or Republicans for inducing an atmosphere of hatred towards gays. You want to blame us for making Mateen into what he was on the night he committed that atrocity, even despite all of the revelations about him, his extremist views of Islam, his devotion to ISIS, and being gay himself! Yet people think America and its "Christian Right" are orders of magnitude more hostile to homosexuals. That is simply not true and it is quite offensive. Why do you feel we deserve the blame?

We Christians, conservatives or Republicans were not the source of his hatred, his own faith (or possibly just his own interpretation of it) was. Mateen probably knew that the Salafist interpretation of the faith was hostile to his homosexuality, so he chose that course of action; perhaps in an attempt to cleanse himself of his sin and atone for his "transgression". I've been reading through the Qur'an and Hadith myself, and they seem to have verses/quotes that are extremely hostile to homosexuality.

But just like in Christianity, there are practitioners of Sharia, scholars and theologians debating whether or not Islam allows for homosexuality. Both the Qur'an and the Hadith are littered with verses/quotes condemning homosexuality. Most especially in the Hadith, which is supposed to be the written account(s) of The Prophet Muhammad's life. In the sahih and hasan Hadith, Muhammad condemned homosexuality repeatedly, calling for the death of the two practicing it or familial banishment. The Qur'an is less specific, however. Though, from what I can tell, the mainstream belief is that homosexuality is seen as an act of rebellion against God (Allah).

Of note, there are, today, 57 countries that are predominantly Muslim or have governments influenced by the teachings of Islam. Of those, 20 have decriminalized homosexuality. In the 37 other countries, homosexuality is a punishable offense with penalties ranging from imprisonment to death.

I won't presume to know the complexities of the Islamic religion, but it seems to me that a convergence of hostile attitudes within Mateen's own faith toward homosexuals led to his actions. And just out of curiosity, if Islam is indeed more tolerant of homosexuality than Christianity, then why are there gay Muslims hiding their homosexuality from their families and friends? I would wager out of a fear of punishment or harm. Just saying.

It is a pity that you will continue willfully ignoring how hostile Islam is to homosexuality, though, as if you need Christianity as an outlet for the blame.

Sincerely,

a "Right Wing Christian"

(P.S. Link and citations are here: Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Homosexuality - WikiIslam)

Last edited:
Dear World,

I have Muslim friends, I have seen Muslims walking about freely in public. I have nothing wrong with either of those things. I don't hate members of the Islamic faith and have nothing against Islam itself. But it is the moment one of them suddenly perverts their beliefs to commit an act of mass murder or terrorism when my hatred is incurred.

However, now, after Orlando, you want to heap the blame upon Christians or Republicans for inducing an atmosphere of hatred towards gays. You want to blame us for making Mateen into what he was on the night he committed that atrocity, even despite all of the revelations about him, his extremist views of Islam faith, his devotion to ISIS, and being gay himself! Yet people think America and its "Christian Right" are orders of magnitude more hostile to homosexuals. That is simply not true and it is quite offensive. Why do you feel we deserve the blame?

We Christians, conservatives or Republicans were not the source of his hatred, his own faith (or possibly just his own interpretation of it) was. Mateen probably knew that the Salafist interpretation of the faith was hostile to his homosexuality, so he chose that course of action; perhaps in an attempt to cleanse himself of his sin and atone for his "transgression". I've been reading through the Qur'an and Hadith myself, and they seem to have verses/quotes that are extremely hostile to homosexuality.

But just like in Christianity, there are practitioners of Sharia, scholars and theologians debating whether or not Islam allows for homosexuality. Both the Qur'an and the Hadith are littered with verses/quotes condemning homosexuality. Most especially in the Hadith, which is supposed to be the written account(s) of The Prophet Muhammad's life. In the the sahih and hasan Hadith, Muhammad condemned homosexuality repeatedly, calling for the death of the two practicing it or familial banishment. The Qur'an is less specific, however. Though, from what I can tell, the mainstream belief is that homosexuality is seen as an act of rebellion against God (Allah).

Of note, there are, today, 57 countries that are predominantly Muslim or have governments influenced by the teachings of Islam. Of those, 20 have decriminalized homosexuality. In the 37 other countries, homosexuality is a punishable offense with penalties ranging from imprisonment to death.

I won't presume to know the complexities of the Islamic religion, but it seems to me that a convergence of hostile attitudes within Mateen's own faith toward homosexuals led to his actions. And just out of curiosity, if Islam is indeed more tolerant of homosexuality than Christianity, then why are there gay Muslims hiding their homosexuality from their families and friends? I would wager out of a fear of punishment or harm. Just saying.

It is a pity that you will continue willfully ignoring how hostile Islam is to homosexuality, though, as if you need Christianity as an outlet for the blame.

Sincerely,

a "Right Wing Christian"

(P.S Link and citations are here: Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Homosexuality - WikiIslam)

He posted in facebook

"You kill innocent women and children by doing us airstrikes ... now taste the Islamic state vengeance."

YOU are the source of his hatred, The same has been alleged by Osamah Ben Laden and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

face the truth.

Our side will be victorious, but many will die before that day comes.

Dear World,

However, now, after Orlando, you want to heap the blame upon Christians or Republicans for inducing an atmosphere of hatred towards gays. You want to blame us for making Mateen into what he was on the night he committed that atrocity, even despite all of the revelations about him, his extremist views of Islam faith, his devotion to ISIS, and being gay himself! Yet people think America and its "Christian Right" are orders of magnitude more hostile to homosexuals. That is simply not true and it is quite offensive. Why do you feel we deserve the blame?

But just like in Christianity, there are practitioners of Sharia, scholars and theologians debating whether or not Islam allows for homosexuality. Both the Qur'an and the Hadith are littered with verses/quotes condemning homosexuality. Most especially in the Hadith, which is supposed to be the written account(s) of The Prophet Muhammad's life. In the the sahih and hasan Hadith, Muhammad condemned homosexuality repeatedly, calling for the death of the two practicing it or familial banishment. The Qur'an is less specific, however. Though, from what I can tell, the mainstream belief is that homosexuality is seen as an act of rebellion against God (Allah).

Sincerely,

a "Right Wing Christian"

(P.S Link and citations are here: Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Homosexuality - WikiIslam)

The person to blame for Omar Mateen actions is Omar Mateen.

I know my view is bigoted and does not conform to the Progressive view that society made him this way, but living the life I have lived and knowing how people like him think, well he is the reason why he did what he did and no Christian, Muslim or Gay America made him do what he did...

Now let get busy and pass that Assault Weapon Ban that would not have stopped Mateen...

Last edited:
YOU are the source of his hatred, The same has been alleged by Osamah Ben Laden and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

face the truth.

LL

Dear World,

Sincerely,

a "Right Wing Christian"

He posted in facebook

"You kill innocent women and children by doing us airstrikes ... now taste the Islamic state vengeance."

face the truth.

A coward like Mateen went to a Gay Nightclub to give America a taste of what they did in Afghanistan?

As I wrote the guy was mentally ill and a true idiot!

Dear World, why are you blaming "Right Wing Christians" for Orlando?

Because gays are different like Muslims and both hate Christian America and both want to punish America for not submitting to their radical lifestyle and strange culture. Gays know ISLAM denounce homosexuality but gays feel more comfortable with Muslim men wearing long dresses like drag Queens.

As usual, Templar Kormac, your subterranean lifestyle has kept you in the dark.

The Christers are blaming the gays for the killings.

Not true Christians, those that follow the teachings of a loving Jesus Christ, but the false prophets, the lying, money-grubbing televangelists that think murdering innocents is cool.

Fuck them, and fuck you for defending the evil bastards.

He posted in facebook

face the truth.

He can blame America all he likes, but killing random citizens hurts nobody but said random citizens, and their families. There's no way for you to blame the entirety of America for this sick man killing people, you're so delusional and in so much denial, I'd be surprised if you weren't a Sanders supporter. The fact that you defend ISIS every time they're mentioned makes me sick.

"Dear World, why are you blaming "Right Wing Christians" for Orlando?"

This fails as both a straw man fallacy and loaded question fallacy.

No one is ‘blaming’ rightwing Christians for Orlando.

And as usual you miss the point.

What is being correctly and appropriately acknowledged is the fact that anti-LGBT bigotry and hate contributed to the Orlando murders, that in conjunction with a mentally ill individual, the textbook candidate to become a mass murderer.

And it’s the anti-LGBT bigotry and hate which must be condemned and denounced, regardless of its source, political or religious.

"Dear World, why are you blaming "Right Wing Christians" for Orlando?"

This fails as both a straw man fallacy and loaded question fallacy.

No one is ‘blaming’ rightwing Christians for Orlando.

And as usual you miss the point.

What is being correctly and appropriately acknowledged is the fact that anti-LGBT bigotry and hate contributed to the Orlando murders, that in conjunction with a mentally ill individual, the textbook candidate to become a mass murderer.

And it’s the anti-LGBT bigotry and hate which must be condemned and denounced, regardless of its source, political or religious.
is that your way of apologizing for spouting off all the hate speech against christians? first you say no one is getting blamed, and then you blame... are you aware of your own self-contradictory nature while trying to grade our homework and deduct points for committing the unpardonable sin of faulty logic? so you want logical fallacy, okay, have you no decency, sir, have you no compassion at all for the victims and their families? how do you even sleep at night? is that too much appeal to emotion for you?

Dear World,

However, now, after Orlando, you want to heap the blame upon Christians or Republicans for inducing an atmosphere of hatred towards gays. You want to blame us for making Mateen into what he was on the night he committed that atrocity, even despite all of the revelations about him, his extremist views of Islam, his devotion to ISIS, and being gay himself! Yet people think America and its "Christian Right" are orders of magnitude more hostile to homosexuals. That is simply not true and it is quite offensive. Why do you feel we deserve the blame?

But just like in Christianity, there are practitioners of Sharia, scholars and theologians debating whether or not Islam allows for homosexuality. Both the Qur'an and the Hadith are littered with verses/quotes condemning homosexuality. Most especially in the Hadith, which is supposed to be the written account(s) of The Prophet Muhammad's life. In the sahih and hasan Hadith, Muhammad condemned homosexuality repeatedly, calling for the death of the two practicing it or familial banishment. The Qur'an is less specific, however. Though, from what I can tell, the mainstream belief is that homosexuality is seen as an act of rebellion against God (Allah).

Sincerely,

a "Right Wing Christian"

(P.S. Link and citations are here: Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Homosexuality - WikiIslam)

Who are the people blaming Christians?

Dear World,

Sincerely,

a "Right Wing Christian"

Who are the people blaming Christians?

LOL Carbine, the ACLU for one.

ACLU lawyers blame 'Christian right,' GOP for Orlando terrorist attack

As usual, Templar Kormac, your subterranean lifestyle has kept you in the dark.

Better to be grounded in the Earth than to have one's head in the clouds, Granny.

There's a difference between being grounded and posting disinfo. You're doing the latter.

Yet you're failing to prove that this is "disinfo." Care to try? Or do you insist on calling me names?

Notice how granny skittered off when confronted with a challenge.

I don't skitter off. I paid your dumb thread the several seconds of attention that it was almost worth, then went on to more important threads, like the 4F.

Forum List

Back