DC Comics drops “the American way” from Superman slogan

Good grief. It is just a comic book,
Actually, comics have reflected the culture and temperament of the nation for decades. Through wars, economic collapses, etc...they have helped many Americans through tough times, just as much as Pesnuts, Lil' Abner, & Garfield did...

And you'd be surprised to see how 'purists' get when you start screwing with their favorites...

'It is just a comic book' isn't exactly right to many...FYI.

Actually, comics have reflected the culture and temperament of the nation for decades. Through wars, economic collapses, etc...they have helped many Americans through tough times, just as much as Pesnuts, Lil' Abner, & Garfield did...

And you'd be surprised to see how 'purists' get when you start screwing with their favorites...

'It is just a comic book' isn't exactly right to many...FYI.
What is in the mind will be expressed in art. Comics consists of art in action. I am concerned with what is in the mind of they that draw the art, and say the words that are spoken.

Good grief. It is just a comic book,
Lisa makes a good point about how different groups use different tools to manipulate people / culture/ ideas.

Case in point, several months ago there was a period when almost every commercial in tbmv that had a couple I'm it had the couple being bi-racial.

'Normalizing'

Teaching / showing something not accepted previously is ok now, not only ok but perfectly normal.

Over history, on TV, liberals have pushed and pushed, slowly changing what was accepted until now we see and hear things that were never allowed previously.

Public schools are indoctrination k-12 children now, normalizing LGBT..homosexuality, etc... when the parents may believe / teach differently.

It's in a comic book - it must be OK.

Just saying there are many tools used to push ideology and agendas...

Lisa makes a good point about how different groups use different tools to manipulate people / culture/ ideas.

Case in point, several months ago there was a period when almost every commercial in tbmv that had a couple I'm it had the couple being bi-racial.

'Normalizing'

Teaching / showing something not accepted previously is ok now, not only ok but perfectly normal.

Over history, on TV, liberals have pushed and pushed, slowly changing what was accepted until now we see and hear things that were never allowed previously.

Public schools are indoctrination k-12 children now, normalizing LGBT..homosexuality, etc... when the parents may believe / teach differently.

It's in a comic book - it must be OK.

Just saying there are many tools used to push ideology and agendas...
Are Bi-racial couples not normal?

Bwuhahaha...NO, no it is not. It is completely different. Think, educate yourself before you TRY to act like you know what you're talking about...and fail.
People can give what they don't have? Muslims try to make Jewish people look bad, with their art, showing what is on their mind. It is unavoidable.

I am seeing way beyond what your sinful eyes see. What is not seen made what is seen. Your body that is seen destroys that which is seen. That is a fact that you can see. A fool will argue against me.

I am not arguing against you. In fact, I am not even discussing your religious nonsense. I'm just reminding you to stay on topic.

The topic is the Superman comic.

Untitled.jpg

I said most. I might have been a collector too if my mother wouldn't have thrown out all my old comics when I left for college. I know I had the 2nd Superman in that stack.
Ouch....If it is Action Comics #2, the second appearance of Superman, a high grade version would be about $150K. If it is the Superman series, would be still worth about $50k. Thanks mum!

I am not crying. Laughing? Sure.

And, as I said at the beginning, changing that one line opens up a huge international market. You are right, it is about business. But a change that may anger a few aging collectors versus bringing in an entire generation of international fans is not a bad one.
So Superman wasn’t known internationally before this? That might be news to a lot of foreign fans of his. This won’t bring in any new fans. People who don’t like the “All-American hero” won’t suddenly embrace him because of this move. When those new fans don’t emerge and you lose your long time readers, that’s called a recipe for disaster. That IS bad.

The actual issue? You mean that DC comics decided to introduce a new character that was intended to increase their profits by widening their appeal to a wider audience? Obviously, they don't care what you think about it. I don't care what you think either, other than enjoying your hair on fire rant.
You may want to shut up before embarrassing yourself any more. This isn’t a new character. You’d know that’s if you did any research. Jonathan Kent has been around for awhile now. Funny, I don’t care what a moron like you think. I’m enjoying you making an ass of yourself as usual.

Show us all where I defended a rapist, you lying piece of shit. Hey shithead, we are LAUGHING at you. You're a disgrace to the white race, slob.
Forgetting your posts in another thread asshole? Hey fuckwad, you don’t even know the real issue here so STFU. Losing the argument so you assholes have to make it personal instead of about the issue.

What does your post have to do with someone being wrong about Superman and Batman being DC, not Marvel?
I am not differentiating between one or the other. I am saying this: People have the wrong idea about power., A Philistine would not dare attack The Hulk or Thor. They could see that they could not win. The whole consept of win with a violent act, originates in the mind of Satan. Pre flood people were violently minded. A fist, no matter how much dammage it inflicts, will not get rid of evil. Evil will not be eradicated even when the entier universe is destroyed, with that fist. Devils hate that which is good. Evil needs to be extracted out of people. A fist cannot do that. Condemners, guilt givers, Slandering People who slander others, are evil. They that behave like Christs enemies, looking for faults, trying to be good are evil. That mentality will be wrong. Jesus looked for people who were like him. The subjects in life, are not talked about in comics.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering when Democrats will make Batman a pedophile, Wonder Woman an LGBQRSTUV, Spiderman a homesexual who also likes to have sex with animals, Dr. Strange into necrophilia...etc....

Again, they can't come up with their own original ideas - they have to pervert and f* up everything good around them...
The writer for Spider Man did state in an interview years ago that some people at Marvel tried to pressure him to turn Peter Parker gay. No reason, just because. He fought it and Stan Lee finally told those people to knock off the stupid shit. Sadly, this is another way these perverts try to indoctrinate kids. By destroying their favorite characters.

No, actually.

Being in the gutter is some guy on a cat board fantasizing about 2 male cartoon super heroes having gray sex.

Americans chanting *'Let's Go, Brandon' in protest of a corrupt, criminal, compromised, racist, child-sniffing/fondling, Influence-peddling, Russian Money Laundering, failed coup conspiring, CCP/Russian bribe-taking, tyrannical Constitution/US Law-violating, dementia-ravaged, treasonous POS whose foreign and domestic failures are destroying the country while his illegal, hypocritical, Un-Constitutional tyrannical mandates are destroying the economy & ripping the country apart is pretty much an appropriate action for American to take.

BTW, just for you, the new Internationally viral Biden Administration Theme song...

Shouting "fuck you' to anybody in front of little kids is disgusting. The trump party doesn't seem to believe that any more. I guess you threw away your morals with your integrity.

Ouch....If it is Action Comics #2, the second appearance of Superman, a high grade version would be about $150K. If it is the Superman series, would be still worth about $50k. Thanks mum!
Oh well, I stole $3.27 out of her purse once when I was 9. What I did was intentional. What she did was a mistake. I'll call it even.

Unbelievable. Is America viewed by leftists and woke companies as so awful a country (the result of CRT indoctrination) that the very mention of its name must be avoided or erased?

New slogan is “truth, justice, and a better tomorrow.”

Unfortun unfortunately, it's our international business and the GOP has been giving Americanism a bad name for 30 years... You know your garbage propaganda machine and Ronnie Reagan Bush and Trump omg.

So Superman wasn’t known internationally before this? That might be news to a lot of foreign fans of his. This won’t bring in any new fans. People who don’t like the “All-American hero” won’t suddenly embrace him because of this move. When those new fans don’t emerge and you lose your long time readers, that’s called a recipe for disaster. That IS bad.

Please point out where I said Superman wasn't known internationally?

But to think an alien race would send one single member of their race to Earth, so that American, and America alone, would have a hero, is ridiculous.

And the phrase "...and the American way" sounds great to Americans. But to the rest of the world it sounds like this singular is only ours.

Forum List

Back