CNN’s Stelter praises dropping of Superman's 'American Way' motto, calls it 'ethnonationalism'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
One by one your historical institutions and cultural references will crumble and become weakened. Patriotism will be replaced with subversive obedience to foreign whims.

Soft, weaklings will of course support such initiatives. They'd never stand on the wall regardless.

CNN’s in-house media pundit Brian Stelter defended DC Comic’s polarizing decision to drop "the American way" from Superman’s slogan, saying "that kind of ethnonationalism" might not be right for the iconic comic-book character going forward.

Superman has stood for "truth, justice and the American way" for over 80 years but DC Comics recently announced the new motto would be "truth, justice … and a better tomorrow."

The change reflects a broader, more global vision for the world of Superman, DC’s chief creative officer and publisher Jim Lee said Saturday, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Stelter said the "American way" part of the phrase came during World War II when patriotism was prevalent.

"That was a logical move when, you know, there was this world war. I think now the message is, this is a global franchise, this is a franchise looking to the future, and that kind of ethnonationalism, you know, perhaps is not the right style going forward," Stelter said Tuesday on "New Day."

"I do think it’s partly about appealing to a global box office," Stelter added. But, hey, who can argue against a better tomorrow? What’s so bad about a better tomorrow?"

One by one your historical institutions and cultural references will crumble and become weakened. Patriotism will be replaced with subversive obedience to foreign whims.

Soft, weaklings will of course support such initiatives. They'd never stand on the wall regardless.

CNN’s in-house media pundit Brian Stelter defended DC Comic’s polarizing decision to drop "the American way" from Superman’s slogan, saying "that kind of ethnonationalism" might not be right for the iconic comic-book character going forward.

Superman has stood for "truth, justice and the American way" for over 80 years but DC Comics recently announced the new motto would be "truth, justice … and a better tomorrow."

The change reflects a broader, more global vision for the world of Superman, DC’s chief creative officer and publisher Jim Lee said Saturday, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Stelter said the "American way" part of the phrase came during World War II when patriotism was prevalent.

"That was a logical move when, you know, there was this world war. I think now the message is, this is a global franchise, this is a franchise looking to the future, and that kind of ethnonationalism, you know, perhaps is not the right style going forward," Stelter said Tuesday on "New Day."

"I do think it’s partly about appealing to a global box office," Stelter added. But, hey, who can argue against a better tomorrow? What’s so bad about a better tomorrow?"
Liberals are so frickin stupid.

Indeependent This has NOTHING to do with watching Superman movies. It has everything to do with the incremental creep of New Woke-ism that is poisoning everything it touches.
It's both.
There were a couple of excellent Avengers movies but all the others were a series of boring action sequences.
I need juicy dialog and a journey to a destination.

People who grew up with this -

- are unlikely to settle for less, and watch CNN solely for laughs.

People who grew up with this -- are unlikely to settle for less, and watch CNN solely for laughs.

You Betcha. I won't be watching no Superman movies that say otherwise. When Superman came to Earth, he settled and operated in Metropolis, not Madagascar, Milan, Moldova or Mogadishu.

The American Way is all that separates us from the animals.

The American Way is no way for José Bideño.

The American Way is for red-blooded Americans.

Joe Biddum isn't even a man.

JoeCar2.jpg

Forum List

Back