DC Comics drops “the American way” from Superman slogan

I am not differentiating between one or the other. I am saying this: People have the wrong idea about power., A Philistine would not dare attack The Hulk or Thor. They could see that they could not win. The whole consept of win with a violent act, originates in the mind of Satan. Pre flood people were violently minded. A fist, no matter how much dammage it inflicts, will not get rid of evil. Evil will not be eradicated even when the entier universe is destroyed, with that fist. Devils hate that which is good. Evil needs to be extracted out of people. A fist cannot do that. Condemners, guilt givers, Slandering People who slander others, are evil. They that behave like Christs enemies, looking for faults, trying to be good are evil. That mentality will be wrong. Jesus looked for people who were like him. The subjects in life, are not talked about in comics.

So the Philistines would not attack because of a fictional character?

Take this tripe somewhere else. Try to discuss the actual topic.

Good grief. It is just a comic book,
As has been explained, it is about more than a comic book. It is that leftists have brainwashed enough people to believe that America is bad - and thus the “American way” is bad - that a woke American company has to remove reference to America in its slogan.

No. Trump and his Deplorables are bad words to many lefties. Trump is not America. Neither are his trailer trash followers.
Thanks for demonstrating the hate and arrogance that spews from leftists‘ mouths. And trailer trash, really? If a conservative made a remark about the inner-city urban trash burning down buildings and looting stores, you’d be screaming. But because your comment implies low-level whites, you’re comfortable with your racism. Its against whites, so it’s OK.

The majority of this country - white lower-middle class with high school diplomas - is starting to push back against the anti-white racism being taught to our children by white leftist elitists.

Shameful that the party in power is attempting to portray the majority of citizens as the enemy, or deplorables, or domestic terrorists. It’s all part of the plan to bring down America.

IMO all the wokeness is doing more harm than good. But I’m not seeing the big deal on this one. Most likely it‘s just DC trying to reach a wider audience. With all the Marvel and DC movies in the past 15 years makes sense to me Considering the world wide popularity of the movies.

Shouting "fuck you' to anybody in front of little kids is disgusting. The trump party doesn't seem to believe that any more. I guess you threw away your morals with your integrity.
Democrats engaged in far worse against President Trump and his team, lil' snowflake.

It's funny to see you upset about 'Let's go, Brandon' going Internationally viral, but you never had a problem with Hillary, Barry, Joe, Nancy, Adam, Swalwell, and the Marxist propaganda-pushing media attempting failed coup and Impeachment attempts, attempts to overthrow the United States government by illegally, treasonously attempting to remove the President from office.

Forgetting your posts in another thread asshole? Hey fuckwad, you don’t even know the real issue here so STFU. Losing the argument so you assholes have to make it personal instead of about the issue.
I havent forgotten anything, bitch. You are a liar plain and simple. The issue about a lol Superman comic? You evidently have no clue how pathetic this makes you look thinking this is some sort of conspiracy against your kind.

Democrats engaged in far worse against President Trump and his team, lil' snowflake.

It's funny to see you upset about 'Let's go, Brandon' going Internationally viral, but you never had a problem with Hillary, Barry, Joe, Nancy, Adam, Swalwell, and the Marxist propaganda-pushing media attempting failed coup and Impeachment attempts, attempts to overthrow the United States government by illegally, treasonously attempting to remove the President from office.

I don't have a problem with your silly rants, but yelling "fuck you" in front of little kids is pretty disgusting..

I don't have a problem with your silly rants, but yelling "fuck you" in front of little kids is pretty disgusting..

Then don't do it.

You find cursing in front of kids 'disgusting'. I find treason worse.

'Let's Go, Brandon!'

It always was a silly addition to his slogan now that I think about it. He fights on other planets. In other galaxies. Even in different universes. What, is he trying to spread American values to Glib-glob on Planet-9? :dunno:

Get over it. Only during WWII, the early '50s, and 1978 was that version of the motto used or remotely popular...

In fact, “Truth, Justice and the American Way” did not originate with the first Superman comic books by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Instead, the saying came from a “Superman” radio serial in the early 1940s, as a way to cheer on American military efforts in World War II. The “American Way” motto was revived for the “Adventures of Superman” TV series that aired in the 1950s — during the first days of the Cold War and the height of McCarthyism paranoia.

By the 1960s, the motto shifted to “truth, justice and freedom” on the kids cartoon series, “The New Adventures of Superman.” But arguably the most well known “Superman” adaptation — the 1978 feature film starring Christopher Reeve — revived the “American Way” version, with the Man of Steel speaking the words himself, further cementing it in the cultural consciousness as the superhero’s credo.

Since then, however, the “American Way” motto has fallen out of favor. On the 1993 live-action series “Lois & Clark,” Superman fought for “truth and justice” full stop, and in the 2006 movie “Superman Returns,” starring Brandon Routh, Daily Planet editor-in-chief Perry White (Frank Langella) blithely asks if Superman still fights for “truth, justice, all that stuff.”

Just eight months ago, an issue of DC Comics’ “Batman/Superman #16” presented Superman’s mantra as “Truth, Tolerance and Justice,” which writer Gene Luen Yang tweeted was meant as an homage to the mission Clark Kent’s father gives him in a 1948 “Superman” film serial.

It's easy to work yourself into a lather when you don't know the facts...
But the nefarious part — that you’re excusing — is the motive behind the change.

I just read the first 3 issues of bisexual Superman, and it is a bit over the top. In 3 issues they've already addressed climate change, inequality, and immigrant refugees. :lol:

I just read the first 3 issues of bisexual Superman, and it is a bit over the top. In 3 issues they've already addressed climate change, inequality, and immigrant refugees. :lol:

They might be worth something in a few decades, so don't get the pages sticky. :biggrin:

Look at it as a good thing, since Superman is now gay, he no longer represents the "American way"

Thanks for demonstrating the hate and arrogance that spews from leftists‘ mouths. And trailer trash, really? If a conservative made a remark about the inner-city urban trash burning down buildings and looting stores, you’d be screaming. But because your comment implies low-level whites, you’re comfortable with your racism. Its against whites, so it’s OK.

The majority of this country - white lower-middle class with high school diplomas - is starting to push back against the anti-white racism being taught to our children by white leftist elitists.

Shameful that the party in power is attempting to portray the majority of citizens as the enemy, or deplorables, or domestic terrorists. It’s all part of the plan to bring down America.

I'm not a leftie. Well, only in US, neocon whackadoodle land I am.

If conservatives did use those terms and those people were burning and looting, then they deserve derision, too. What? You think I'm going to condone looting and burning? No. The only people egging on that kind of thing were Trump's Deplorables on this board as to what was happening on Jan 6 in Washington.

Racism is an all-encompassing term. There are no levels of racism. Either I dislike all white people, or a I don't. I find Deplorables disgusting humans, just like their leader. It's not my fault the vast majority are white. However, there are many, many more whites that are not Deplorables. And generally, I like them. It's not a race thing, it's a political affiliation thing.

Nah, the white lower-middle class is what is wrong with the country. Too many dumb arses. I believe you should have to have an IQ test before being able to vote.

Well, a huge number of them are Deplorables. They remind me of the Nazis when they first came to power. Read the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. Half of what Trump was attempting was right out of that play book. The only difference was Hitler succeeded, Trump did not. And please, I'm not talking about the concentration camps and all that other bad stuff, just how they got into power in the first place. Lied. Cheated. Had little respect for their followers - just sold them lies, and the sheeple followed them, like, well, sheep.

Most people haven't really worried about comic books since they grew up.

Yet, here you are, to talk about comic books.

Liberals. the shit they say, they don't mean. It is just shit.

Like Bulldog, trying to spin this as not important. So not important that he has to be here to defend it.

If he really thought it was not important, he would not have commented.

Forum List

Back