• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
Is this a compromise you'd accept?

Why or why not?

No.

The wall is a expression of racism... that's what makes it unacceptable.

The thing is, we've already mostly solved the problem on the Southern Border. Illegal crossings have dropped from 1.6 MM to 300K since 2000. So we are arguing about a problem that has already been solved.
But, it’s not zero

So Trump has offered DACA for the wall.

Are his supporters upset with him or do they support this compromise?

Mmmmmmmm, not really. He offered 3 years of relief. That's not a permanent fix. He gets a permanent wall, DACA recipients should get permanent relief. Give them a path to citizenship then maybe.

DACA was an executive order which was about to be challenged by 10 states for it's legality when Trump rescinded it. The proposed DACA extension for a wall makes no sense. DACA also didn't provide a path to citizenship. Now if it was the Dream Act, actual legislation, in return for full funding of the wall there'd be something to take seriously.

I voted No.

Trump offered nothing that the Supreme Court already said must be done. In fact, he offered less. His only reason to be on TV was to be on TV and to play to you Rubes. Looks like Mission accomplished but for the rest of us, he just slipped further off into oblivion.

Time to end this shutdown. Democrats should take the deal if it gets DACA resolved. If the 5 billion is used to beef up the existing barriers as well as more border agents and better security, I don't have a big problem with it.

Trump offered nothing that the Supreme Court already said must be done. In fact, he offered less. His only reason to be on TV was to be on TV and to play to you Rubes. Looks like Mission accomplished but for the rest of us, he just slipped further off into oblivion.

You mad that he didn’t offer wetbacks enough?

Time to end this shutdown. Democrats should take the deal if it gets DACA resolved. If the 5 billion is used to beef up the existing barriers as well as more border agents and better security, I don't have a big problem with it.

Do you always expect our government to work for illegal foreigners?

It doesn't matter. President mAnn Coulter has already shot this down

Do you always expect our government to work for illegal foreigners?
I don't know how you got that from my post. DACA has to do with children raised in this country. I am essentially agreeing with Trump's proposal. Take it up with Trump if you have a problem with his proposal.

DACA should be part of the agreement, also improved border security, and improvement on how we handle immigration. why is working for a solution that benefits most of us not better than a solution that benefits one political party over the other.

DACA should be part of the agreement, also improved border security, and improvement on how we handle immigration. why is working for a solution that benefits most of us not better than a solution that benefits one political party over the other.

Again, my problem with a "wall" is that it shows hatred of our neighbor...

I have no problem with fences, increased patrols, increased cooperation with Mexico.

So this is the compromise Trump has offered.

Mr. Trump’s offer of extended legal status for young adults brought to the U.S. illegally as children, as well as to Central Americans and others with expiring visas, would provide relief against deportation for hundreds of thousands. ...

In return Mr. Trump wants money for border security and his wall, but political compromise means both sides get something. The wall may be a poisonous word for Democrats, but the President has already walked back his original demands. He is now talking about “steel barriers at high-priority locations,” not across all 2,000 miles. A fence of some kind already exists across 700 or so miles, the Administration is building another 115, and Mr. Trump wants to build another 230.​

Opinion | Pelosi’s Dreamer Pawns

And the Democrats rejected it.

So what's wrong with that? That seems like a reasonable compromise to me. It appears that it is the Democrats who are playing politics and not interested in a deal. Their base is so consumed by Trump hatred that they can't reach a deal no matter what.

It seems that a minority of strident narrow-minded ideologues are the problem, and are holding the country hostage.

And the Democrats rejected it.

So what's wrong with that? That seems like a reasonable compromise to me. It appears that it is the Democrats who are playing politics and not interested in a deal. Their base is so consumed by Trump hatred that they can't reach a deal no matter what.

It seems that a minority of strident narrow-minded ideologues are the problem, and are holding the country hostage.

The problem is, we already had that. "I promise to keep doing what we were doing before I stole the presidency, for a couple of years, anyway, if you give me this Wall to celebrate my hate in bigotry."

I've got a better idea. We vote your ass out or impeach you, and then we fix these problems for good.

When the Senate passes the Trump deal, then the House needs to pass a counter-offer and blend the two in "reconciliation" to get a final compromise budget that Trump would sign.

Forum List

Back