DACA for the Wall?

DACA for The Wall

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
He needs funding. The Military has the funding. If he wants funding for contractors he's going to have to get it from the one place I doubt would give him the sweat off their .....well, you know and let's face it, Nancy has some really big ones.

Proclaiming a national emergency gives him the power to fund the wall.

Mark

And where does he get those funds from? Does trump just fire up the old Printing presses?

Yep. When what he is asking for is less than 1/2 the cost of an aircraft carrier, you betcha.

It will save us money in the long run. What other government project does that?

Mark

Right now, the House won't authorize a single dime to Trump. If he does declare an emergency he's going to have to rob peter to pay paul and I really don't want to be in is shoes when he starts misappropriating funds from the Military which is the only one with even any remote funds left over.

A national emergency gives him the ability to fund. What good would such a procedure be if it didn't provide funding?

Mark

Real good question. One that you haven't answered yet.

Proclaiming a national emergency gives him the power to fund the wall.

Mark

And where does he get those funds from? Does trump just fire up the old Printing presses?

Yep. When what he is asking for is less than 1/2 the cost of an aircraft carrier, you betcha.

Mark

Right now, the House won't authorize a single dime to Trump. If he does declare an emergency he's going to have to rob peter to pay paul and I really don't want to be in is shoes when he starts misappropriating funds from the Military which is the only one with even any remote funds left over.

A national emergency gives him the ability to fund. What good would such a procedure be if it didn't provide funding?

Mark

Its obvious enough not to need an answer. Having the ability to proclaim a national emergency without having the ability to institute it is ludicrous.

Mark

Mark

Mark

Its obvious enough not to need an answer. Having the ability to proclaim a national emergency without having the ability to institute it is ludicrous.

Mark

It's quite a paradox, isn't it. Do you have the answer for all the rest of us?

Is this a compromise you'd accept?

Why or why not?

Better be. Because after all the fighting and bluster Trump will be signing a bill that includes amnesty for all illegals.

And that would give the others more reasons to keep coming and coming and coming. I hope congress would never agree to that.
Yet the Wall is gong to stop all that! Isn't it?

No. But it will slow it. Stats are there to prove it. Even Beto will tell ya the wall keeps El Paso very safe. It will also keep illegal adults from crossing dangerous and vast stretches of wilderness with children thus preventing more folks from dying. This is common sense. A wall or a fence leads to a gate.

Why or why not?

Better be. Because after all the fighting and bluster Trump will be signing a bill that includes amnesty for all illegals.

And that would give the others more reasons to keep coming and coming and coming. I hope congress would never agree to that.

They are already cracking. Republicans need to be sent packing and replaced.

The Democrats's goal is PERMANENT control of congress and the White House. Giving millions of illegals amnesty and the right to vote is how they plan to get it. Therefore you cannot trust them to negotiate in good faith on DACA.
That takes too long

We plan to get it but toppling Trump and his evil empire and bringing down the Republican Party with it

Why is the wall a hoax?

A shutdown stalemate as Trump goes factual, Democrats illogical

Democrats aren't worried that a wall won't work. They are worried it will work.

Mark
Let's say you want a gun. You claim that if you have a gun, you will be able to shoot Bigfoot and the economy will magically improve.

You stump and stump, claiming, "Guns work!" You provide examples of guns being used to kill people. "Guns work!"

But you see, your entire belief system is built on the false premise that shooting Bigfoot with a gun will solve a particular problem.

It won't.

You are being hoaxed.
Excellent way to put it.

A physical barrier is a sensible part of the solution, though. Just not the ONLY solution. It doesn't have to be everywhere. Just where folks are pouring through on a daily basis.
It's equally important to do a bunch of other things not anywhere near the southern border at the same time.

Walls work best just outside Metro Areas. Much like the Green Line area in Israel. Make them high and thick and very hard to come over. Put sensors down to make it difficult to go under. But those are expensive. So, at some point, you go to the Multi layered dense high fence. But when you get to an area with low traffic like the middle of the desert, you use electronic measures like drones with Border Agents to cover a large area since you will have plenty of time to get in place to bust them illegal. In the end, boots on the ground is what really stops the illegal immigrant and all other things are support units to make his job easier and more efficient.
I was hiking at the southern Arizona border about ten years ago. It was about five miles to the border. When we reached the border, there was just a wire fence. Not barbed wire, just wire

So we climbed over the fence and went back and forth a few times

When we returned to the parking area, there were border agents to meet us. They made it clear they were watching us and that we had better respect the border in the future

You should be aware that once you cross over that he could have refuse you re entry without your passport. You don't need a passport to get out of the US into Mexico but you do need one to get back in. Lesson learned right?

I seem to remember you didn’t need a passport to cross the border at that time. Just a US ID

Seem to remember he checked our IDs

Mark

Mark

Mark

It's quite a paradox, isn't it. Do you have the answer for all the rest of us?

I don't. And I won't be looking for one either. Logic and reason is good enough for me.

Mark

The Democrats's goal is PERMANENT control of congress and the White House. Giving millions of illegals amnesty and the right to vote is how they plan to get it. Therefore you cannot trust them to negotiate in good faith on DACA.
That takes too long

We plan to get it but toppling Trump and his evil empire and bringing down the Republican Party with it

You bungling fools can't even tie your own shoe laces.

That takes too long

Seem to be getting to Crooked Donnie

That takes too long

Projection, do you really want me to mock the angry Schumer/Pelosi rebuttal again? Okay here, Fear the Walking Dem's Season 4. :auiqs.jpg:

That takes too long

Projection, do you really want me to mock the angry Schumer/Pelosi rebuttal again? Okay here, Fear the Walking Dem's Season 4. :auiqs.jpg:
Crooked Donnie’s days are numbered

Why or why not?

If you put up your nice and shiny steel or concrete 50 foot wall, anyone with my background (and 40 years younger) would laugh at it. Putting the wall in the middle of nowhere without the other border security measures just means that when I go over or through it, I am going to make sure I do a lot of damage to it.

The problems with Steel Slats is that it rusts quickly. In 2 or 3 years, I might be able to put a car through it. And even if it's brand new, my trusty portable mini cutting torch takes about 1 minute to make a hole big enough for me to pass through. The only good news is that Steel is cheaper by far than Reinforced Cement unless you have a portable Cement Factory in your pocket. And there are places you still can't put it due to geographics. I can still go over it and under it if it's in a desert condition. The digging is easy. As for going over it, I just bring a home made collapsible ladder for getting up and a rope long enough to transverse down and a wool blanket to throw over the barbed wire. Time to go over it is less than a minute.

Then there are the problems with the Reinforced Cement walls. While this is the best of the best, it also runs up the cost into the hundreds of billions of dollars or maybe into the trillions depending how stupid you want to get in placement. Same goes for over it or under it but certainly not through it without some really serious explosives. Even an Abrams Tank will have problems knocking that puppy down.

The problem both walls have is exactly what the Multi Tiered fence has. The terrain has to cooperate. There is going to be feeder rivers to ford, canyons that need to be figured out and more. I just bring a collapsible kayak with me for the rivers and climb the canyons, there's always a place. Remember, I am old Rocky Mountain Stock and going up a small canyon wall isn't that difficult if I were 40 or more years younger. Then there are the mountains. While the others might be stopped with boots on the ground, the mountain route won't have boots on the ground. It's also the most dangerous. But I am sure that there some people from the Andes that could do it just as well as a young Rocky Mountain Stock. Those mountains will be extremely isolated and won't have walls,sensors, walls, fences or boots on the ground. Once again, you just slowed me down.

There is already 1.3 billion per year allocated for Border Security and an increase has been offered to take it to 1.6 billion. The house has the votes to do a tariff proof bill and it as it was announced today, the senate does as well. the Only reason it doesn't head straight to the floor in the Senate, the Majority Leader is blocking it. That means, as of today, the shutdown belongs to Trump and McConnel. As it stands right now, the Reps in the Senate, save one, sees 2020 as right around the corner and the longer the shutdown goes on, the more people will remember the who's and the why's. People really do have a short memory and the timing on this is about the worst thing that could happen.

I suspect that DACA will happen with or without Trumps help. And you can start to see more Veto Proof bills hitting his desk as soon as the Reps unload McConnel or Little Mitchy wizes up.
Putting the wall in the middle of nowhere without the other border security measures just means that when I go over or through it, I am going to make sure I do a lot of damage to it.

Too funny. How easy is it without a wall?

Sort of the purpose for it?

Why or why not?

No.

The wall is a expression of racism... that's what makes it unacceptable.

The thing is, we've already mostly solved the problem on the Southern Border. Illegal crossings have dropped from 1.6 MM to 300K since 2000. So we are arguing about a problem that has already been solved.

Forum List

Back