Cuts to SS and Medicare

Medicare is 1.45% for the employer and 1.45% for the employee, or 2.9% total.

why ,do the more you make, you get .9% of medicare, why isn't it 1.45% for the employee or total 2.9% total?
  • Single: $200,000
  • Married filing jointly: $250,000
  • Married filing separately: $125,000

What is this SS cap.2022=147,000
2023=160,200
Why is there a cap on SS?
Because there's a cap on the monthly distribution at retirement.

Rick Scott

“All federal legislation sunsets in 5 years. If a law is worth keeping, Congress can pass it again,” the document said.

This would require Congress to renew Social Security and Medicare every five years. Scott’s proposal also called for a yearly report from Congress “telling the public what they plan to do when Social Security and Medicare go bankrupt.”

Mike Pence

Former Vice President Mike Pence, who has indicated that he is considering a bid for the presidency in 2024, said last week that a conversation needs to be had about reforming Social Security.

Mike Lee

When Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) initially ran for Senate in 2010, he called for the complete elimination of Social Security.

“It will be my objective to phase out Social Security, to pull it up by the roots and get rid of it,” Lee said at a campaign event in 2010, adding, “There’s going to be growing pains associated with doing this. We can’t do it all at once.”

Ron Johnson

Similar to Scott, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) has suggested that Congress regularly renew the entitlement programs. However, Johnson has proposed that it be done on an annual basis.

“I’ve been saying for as long as I’ve been here that we should transfer everything, put everything on budget so we have to consider it if every year. I’ve said that consistently, it’s nothing new,” Johnson told “The Regular Joe Show” podcast last August.

Lindsey Graham

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) suggested in a debate in June that a bipartisan compromise on the issue will likely mean that “people like me are going to have to take a little less and pay a little more in.”

Sunset and people like me are going to take less. Believe me, when they take the Senate and the House majority (if they do), they can do anything they want with SS and Original Medicare.
True.

And no one claimed that all Republicans want to end Social Security and Medicare.

It is a fact that many Republicans want to end both programs, as documented in the OP.

Rick Scott

“All federal legislation sunsets in 5 years. If a law is worth keeping, Congress can pass it again,” the document said.

This would require Congress to renew Social Security and Medicare every five years. Scott’s proposal also called for a yearly report from Congress “telling the public what they plan to do when Social Security and Medicare go bankrupt.”

Mike Pence

Former Vice President Mike Pence, who has indicated that he is considering a bid for the presidency in 2024, said last week that a conversation needs to be had about reforming Social Security.

Mike Lee

When Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) initially ran for Senate in 2010, he called for the complete elimination of Social Security.

“It will be my objective to phase out Social Security, to pull it up by the roots and get rid of it,” Lee said at a campaign event in 2010, adding, “There’s going to be growing pains associated with doing this. We can’t do it all at once.”

Ron Johnson

Similar to Scott, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) has suggested that Congress regularly renew the entitlement programs. However, Johnson has proposed that it be done on an annual basis.

“I’ve been saying for as long as I’ve been here that we should transfer everything, put everything on budget so we have to consider it if every year. I’ve said that consistently, it’s nothing new,” Johnson told “The Regular Joe Show” podcast last August.

Lindsey Graham

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) suggested in a debate in June that a bipartisan compromise on the issue will likely mean that “people like me are going to have to take a little less and pay a little more in.”

Sunset and people like me are going to take less. Believe me, when they take the Senate and the House majority (if they do), they can do anything they want with SS and Original Medicare.
Rick Scott is a piece of shit! Fuck him!

He isn't senile. Taking that into account, the death rate for unvaccinated people remains significantly higher than it is for vaccinated and for boosted, once those figures are adjusted for age.

Vaccine opponents have latched onto the chart as evidence that the shots don’t work.
They don't work.

No one wants to take away your social security and medicaid

But those programs should be part of any effort to reign in our runaway federal deficit
it is way overdue that we tax the rich again and invest in America and Americans again, after 40 years of GOP give away to the rich tax rates that have given us the worst inequality upward mobility homelessness anywhere in the modern world by far ever. Great job, swine GOP and brainwashed functional morons...

Exactly. SS is easy to fix. Raise the cap, and add a year to the ages,
The SS fix is tougher.

My recommendation is to add a new Federal Sales Tax of about 4%. I don't see any other way to raise enough money.
Also, I want to see another "Grace Commission" to eliminate waste, and duplication in the Federal government.
Tax the rich again and invest in America again for God's sake. Change the damn channel

it is way overdue that we tax the rich again and invest in America and Americans again, after 40 years of GOP give away to the rich tax rates that have given us the worst inequality upward mobility homelessness anywhere in the modern world by far ever. Great job, swine GOP and brainwashed functional morons...
Exactly, it is time to tax the rich for the high way robbery that they have committed against the people of this country. We also badly need to enforce anti-trust laws. Of course we can always use more investment!!!!

This person honestly believes that the rich and elites are his master and should have it all. He should slave like a goddamn blank.
look at how much the median went up compared to the upper incomes. The shouldn't squeal. They are doing quite well.

1675984717789.png

Rick Scott

Mike Pence

Mike Lee

Ron Johnson

Lindsey Graham

promhair-onfire_orig-S.png

What is your solution to reverse this situation?

2022-09-16%20%20Unfunded%20Liability-L.jpg

I'm cutting you a break just raising the cap.
The democrats want to remove the cap and means-test to see if you even need benefits.
Just for the record:
I'm Independent.
I say eliminate the cap. The poor don't have any cap. Why give the rich any break?
I ask for no means testing.

Furthermore, I'm paying nearly $500 every three months now into Medicare for Parts A & B. My parents worked, retired, then enjoyed having Medicare Parts A & B until they died. Never cost them a goddamned dime. I paid my fair share into the "trust funds" same as them. Haven't used it at all yet.. and now I'm still paying for it through the nose. Not only that, the Big Insurance Cabal continues harassing me to sign up for Parts C and D.. for free! They're already stealing what I pay into Part B from Medicare, so why not? But I know why not. Because they're just lying about providing the same coverage and once signed up you can't go back.. you have to wait..

With Medicare DisAdvantage you get to enjoy glorified ObamaCrud coverage where you best make sure you're always "in network" and that each procedure remains covered that day and exactly how well, else you're apt to go broke paying for it all after the fact.. as many, many already have. Study that code book!

So exactly whose brilliant idea was this to suddenly start bilking the elderly for minimal medical coverage? Wasn't the plan to provide a secure floor to the elderly and infirm (regardless of income) so that once eligible they would never have to worry about this sort of crap again?

For any suggesting caps, means tests, or age raising on top of all the insulting BS already perpetrated or in the works -- I say fuck you very much and the horse you rode in on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back