Cuts to SS and Medicare

Rick Scott

“All federal legislation sunsets in 5 years. If a law is worth keeping, Congress can pass it again,” the document said.

This would require Congress to renew Social Security and Medicare every five years. Scott’s proposal also called for a yearly report from Congress “telling the public what they plan to do when Social Security and Medicare go bankrupt.”

Mike Pence

Former Vice President Mike Pence, who has indicated that he is considering a bid for the presidency in 2024, said last week that a conversation needs to be had about reforming Social Security.

Mike Lee

When Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) initially ran for Senate in 2010, he called for the complete elimination of Social Security.

“It will be my objective to phase out Social Security, to pull it up by the roots and get rid of it,” Lee said at a campaign event in 2010, adding, “There’s going to be growing pains associated with doing this. We can’t do it all at once.”

Ron Johnson

Similar to Scott, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) has suggested that Congress regularly renew the entitlement programs. However, Johnson has proposed that it be done on an annual basis.

“I’ve been saying for as long as I’ve been here that we should transfer everything, put everything on budget so we have to consider it if every year. I’ve said that consistently, it’s nothing new,” Johnson told “The Regular Joe Show” podcast last August.

Lindsey Graham

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) suggested in a debate in June that a bipartisan compromise on the issue will likely mean that “people like me are going to have to take a little less and pay a little more in.”

Sunset and people like me are going to take less. Believe me, when they take the Senate and the House majority (if they do), they can do anything they want with SS and Original Medicare.
Not a single cut proposed.

Bullshit troll thread.

Why raise the cap?
The top earners already pay twice as much for the same benefit.
Lets vote on raising the retirement age or raising the cap. The cap need to be adjusted for inflation anyway.

My official response is that the wealthy got way more than they should have, now its time to pay their "fair-share".

1675967927933.png

Lets vote on raising the retirement age or raising the cap. The cap need to be adjusted for inflation anyway.

My official response is that the wealthy got way more than they should have, now its time to pay their "fair-share".

View attachment 755390
It’s a fair share of income taxes. Paying twice as much or more for the same benefit is not fair at all.

Define fair share. Give us a number.
When the top 10% income gain (after taxes) matches the median income gain (after taxes), percentage wise.
Not in dollars, but percentage. If its not equal, then the rich pay more. We aren't fucking peons.
"We don't pay taxes, only the little people pay taxes".

It’s a fair share of income taxes. Paying twice as much or more for the same benefit is not fair at all.
FICA is payroll taxes. Federal income taxes are graduated. Payroll taxes are flat rate. I thought you "conservatives" liked flat taxes? For thee, not me?

When the top 10% income gain (after taxes) matches the median income gain (after taxes), percentage wise.
Not in dollars, but percentage. If its not equal, then the rich pay more. We aren't fucking peons.
"We don't pay taxes, only the little people pay taxes".
Meaningless drivel.

How much of the total tax bill should the top 1% pay? Top 10%?
Give us the percentage for each.

Rick Scott

“All federal legislation sunsets in 5 years. If a law is worth keeping, Congress can pass it again,” the document said.

This would require Congress to renew Social Security and Medicare every five years. Scott’s proposal also called for a yearly report from Congress “telling the public what they plan to do when Social Security and Medicare go bankrupt.”

Mike Pence

Former Vice President Mike Pence, who has indicated that he is considering a bid for the presidency in 2024, said last week that a conversation needs to be had about reforming Social Security.

Mike Lee

When Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) initially ran for Senate in 2010, he called for the complete elimination of Social Security.

“It will be my objective to phase out Social Security, to pull it up by the roots and get rid of it,” Lee said at a campaign event in 2010, adding, “There’s going to be growing pains associated with doing this. We can’t do it all at once.”

Ron Johnson

Similar to Scott, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) has suggested that Congress regularly renew the entitlement programs. However, Johnson has proposed that it be done on an annual basis.

“I’ve been saying for as long as I’ve been here that we should transfer everything, put everything on budget so we have to consider it if every year. I’ve said that consistently, it’s nothing new,” Johnson told “The Regular Joe Show” podcast last August.

Lindsey Graham

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) suggested in a debate in June that a bipartisan compromise on the issue will likely mean that “people like me are going to have to take a little less and pay a little more in.”

Sunset and people like me are going to take less. Believe me, when they take the Senate and the House majority (if they do), they can do anything they want with SS and Original Medicare.
You understand very little about things.

Stop squealing.

I'm fine with the current progressive rates.

You do know who I quoted, or not? A "gaffe" is when someone accidentally tells the truth.
You clowns keep bleating FAIR SHARE. FAIR SHARE.

But when challenged to define it you have nothing, Moron.

FICA is payroll taxes. Federal income taxes are graduated. Payroll taxes are flat rate. I thought you "conservatives" liked flat taxes? For thee, not me?
Not a conservative. Not even bitching about the current cap for SS tax. Just that it should not be raised.

Not a conservative. Not even bitching about the current cap for SS tax. Just that it should not be raised.
Seemed like you'd morphed into one, reversing the usual phrasing as you did. As the Motley Fool says in so many words, the rich own the rest of us working slobs so pissing them off by asking them to pay their (either progressive or flat) fair share may just make them so angry their heads will explode and (boo hoo hoo) they'll no longer wanna save us from themselves anymore! :icon_cry:

Two responses to your original question:
Why rob banks? (ask Clyde Barrow)
How do you think they got so rich?

Last edited:

Rick Scott

Mike Pence

Mike Lee

Ron Johnson

Lindsey Graham

Here you go Penelope, you won't address it however, liberals are typical cowards and dishonest.

Forum List

Back