Speaker Mike Johnson: 'We have to blur' Jan. 6 vids to shield rioters from DOJ

More liberal boogeymen excuses to protect the J6 criminals.
From leftwing harassment? Sure. Look, the prosecutors have been using the unedited videos to find criminals, so the only reason you want them released to you is so you can harass someone in the mall that you think you recognize from a video.

Not everyone has been held accountable. Why are Republicans trying to protect the ones who weren't?
The prosecutors have the unedited videos and nothing is stopping them from blasting them out nationwide in an attempt to find every last person who committed a misdemeanor on that day. It's not the House's job to give them to you so you can harass people in the mall.

Do you think the prosecutors have been negligent in their duties?

Who said anything about obstruction? This is about aiding and abetting.
Who's aiding and abetting? No one is getting in the way of the prosecutors. No one is obstructing them. The only purpose in giving you the unedited videos is to allow you to harass people in the mall you think you recognize.

These folks are a very violent cult, and they use religion in the same way HAMAS uses religion, or ISIS, or other terrorist groups, because at the end of the day, they all have the same goals.

You mean the goal to commit genocide of the Jews? No, that would largely be non-Jewish, non-Christian Democrats that are pushing that narrative.

You mean the goal to commit genocide of the Jews? No, that would largely be non-Jewish, non-Christian Democrats that are pushing that narrative.
You lie as much as scruffy

View attachment 868448

The House speaker offered a remarkable statement in support of those who rioted at the Capitol in 2021.

WASHINGTON ― House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) said Tuesday that Republicans are blurring faces in security footage from inside the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, to protect rioters from prosecution.

“We have to blur some of the faces of persons who participated in the events of that day because we don’t want them to be retaliated against and to be charged by the DOJ,” Johnson said at a press conference.

The Department of Justice has long had access to the footage and has used it in some of the roughly 1,200 criminal cases against people linked to the riot, which saw participants fight police and storm the Capitol building.

Johnson’s comment is a remarkable statement of sympathy for supporters of then-President Donald Trump who illegally entered a restricted federal building as part of a violent attack on Congress.

Though prosecutors already have the video, blurring people’s faces could prevent amateur investigators from sending tips to the FBI. Online sleuths have previously used social media and facial recognition software to help the government track down a number of suspects.

Shortly after becoming speaker in October, Johnson announced that Republicans would release thousands of hours of footage from security cameras, fulfilling a pledge he made to the far-right flank of the House GOP conference. The video has previously been available to criminal defendants and reporters by request.

More at the link below...

MAGA MIKE: 'WE HAVE TO BLUR' JAN. 6 VIDS TO SHIELD RIOTERS FROM DOJ

Protect rioters from DOJ? Why is he trying to protect the rioters from identification, investigation and prosecution? What do you think?
I think Mike Johnson should be charged with insurrection.

I think Mike Johnson should be charged with insurrection.
On what grounds? IOW, you can't charge someone with a thought crime (yet), and thinking in ways that democrats don't like is not a crime.

1. Are you a Crick sock account? If not, let him/her/it answer.
2. I still see no grounds why "Mike Johnson should be charged with insurrection". Perhaps you would be so good as to provide them?

I didn't say he should be. I was merely pointing out that people can be charged with thought crimes.

I didn't say he should be. I was merely pointing out that people can be charged with thought crimes.
In that case, there was more going on than just thought crimes. To quote, he was charged with "four counts of bias intimidation and possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute". Harassment and intimidation is a bit more than just thinking racist thoughts. At any rate, at this point we're still free to think things and say them as long as we're not threatening or harassing others.

In that case, there was more going on than just thought crimes. To quote, he was charged with "four counts of bias intimidation and possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute". Harassment and intimidation is a bit more than just thinking racist thoughts. At any rate, at this point we're still free to think things and say them as long as we're not threatening or harassing others.

The guy was sentenced to 8 years even though he never touched any of them. And they were intentionally parking and hanging out in front of his property, instigating him and then recording his reactions.

The guy was sentenced to 8 years even though he never touched any of them. And they were intentionally parking and hanging out in front of his property, instigating him and then recording his reactions.
If that were the case, he should have recorded them and asked that they be dispersed. IOW, getting mad and yelling at them was stupid. Also, don't forget the controlled substances charges.

Forum List

Back