Covid 19 exceeding past 2 years of flu

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
I am looking for predictions of when you think the death count of Covid 19 victims exceeds last year's death count for the flu in the USA, which was 34,000, and when you predict the count will exceed the year before, which was 61,000. Anybody care to predict the date?

I am looking for predictions of when you think the death count of Covid 19 victims exceeds last year's death count for the flu in the USA, which was 34,000, and when you predict the count will exceed the year before, which was 61,000. Anybody care to predict the date?
I wish I knew

but we still dont know the actual fatality rate for the wuhan china virus

it is deadlier than the common flu but how much deadlier?

Looks like the death count at this time, as posted on the cdc Web site, is 2,405. That should be higher later today when they update the number.

I wish I knew

Time will tell if covid 19 is as common as the flu of the past or if it is something more. What dates do you predict?

I wish I knew

Time will tell if covid 19 is as common as the flu of the past or if it is something more. What dates do you predict?
Everyone WITH NO EXCEPTIONS will have the virus eventually

If the death rate is .6% of all infections then 200,000 of us will die either this year or the next

but we dont know what the death rate is

Or when vaccines or drugs for treatment will come

if they will come at all

I wish I knew

Everyone with no exceptions will have the virus eventually

If the death rate is .6% of all infections then 200,000 of us will die either this year or the next

if they will come at all
When would you guess the count for this strand exceeds the 34k or 61k?

I wish I knew

if they will come at all
I dont know

why is the date so important?

I wish I knew

if they will come at all
I dont know

why is the date so important?
If you knew, it would not be a guess. You probably know that, but are afraid to make a guess. I understand.

Looks like the death count at this time, as posted on the cdc Web site, is 2,405. That should be higher later today when they update the number.
Looks like there is a new number up now, 2860.

2860-2405=455 455 new deaths today

34000÷455=74.72 Two and a half months at the current rate.

I'll guess mid June to catch up with last year's flu season death count.

3603 deaths so far, according to the cdc site.

3603 today minus 2860 yesterday is 743 deaths since yesterday, and is more than the 455 deaths the day before. I'll set my guess to the 3rd week of may.

I wish I knew

if they will come at all
A bit more serious than Trump led people to think.

I wish I knew

if they will come at all
When do you think the death count of Covid 19 victims exceeds last year's death count for the flu in the USA, which was 34,000, and when you predict the count will exceed the year before, which was 61,000?

I wish I knew

if they will come at all
Would it have made a big difference?

If we had one dead person in America how would the public respond to stay-at-home orders?

I think trump is managing a crisis and doing it well

Wow, you mean the USA had more flu deaths under Trump than we did with Obama? And the right continually brings up Obama's flu deaths to make Trump's Covid-19 response look good?

Wow, you mean the USA had more flu deaths under Trump than we did with Obama? And the right continually brings up Obama's flu deaths to make Trump's Covid-19 response look good?
When do you think the death count of Covid 19 victims exceeds last year's death count for the flu in the USA, which was 34,000, and when you predict the count will exceed the year before, which was 61,000?

Sorry I didn't answer your OP's question. I would anticipate the death toll to surpass 34,000 in a couple months and 61,000 shortly thereafter if trends continue.

Forum List

Back