Covid 19 exceeding past 2 years of flu

I am looking for predictions of when you think the death count of Covid 19 victims exceeds last year's death count for the flu in the USA, which was 34,000, and when you predict the count will exceed the year before, which was 61,000. Anybody care to predict the date?
SMH THE SKY IS NOT FALLING
The 2019-2020 flu season, charted

March 24, 2020
Between 38 million and 54 million people have been stricken with the flu as of March 14, according to the latest CDC data.

ccording to CDC, this year's flu season has led to at least 17 million medical visits and 390,000 hospitalizations. CDC found that the percentage of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness increased to 5.8% in the week ending on March 14, up from 5.2% the previous week. The national baseline for those visits is 2.4%.

CDC in its latest report estimated that there had been at least 23,000 deaths related to the flu as of March 14.

Worst flu season for children in a decade
This flu season has been especially bad for children, according to CDC. The report shows 149 total pediatric deaths were reported as of March 14. Five new pediatric deaths occurred in the week ending on March 14. The cumulative hospitalization rate for children ages four and under so far this season is 92.5 per 100,000 people.

Experts say the high number of pediatric deaths this flu season is due to the fact that both influenza A and B have been dominant, leading to what's being called a "double barrel" flu season. Experts say the influenza B strain is more likely to affect younger people, though they're not sure why. Some believe that older people may have some immunity to influenza B, as it doesn't mutate as much as other flu strains, meaning it's possible older people have caught the strain circulating this season before (CDC Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report, 3/14; CDC "Flu View," accessed 3/23; CDC Preliminary In-Season 2019-2020 Flu Burden Estimates, accessed 3/23; Schumaker, ABC News, 2/21; Wesner Childs, Weather.com, 2/14; Edwards, NBC News, 2/20).

I am looking for predictions of when you think the death count of Covid 19 victims exceeds last year's death count for the flu in the USA, which was 34,000, and when you predict the count will exceed the year before, which was 61,000. Anybody care to predict the date?

March 24, 2020
Between 38 million and 54 million people have been stricken with the flu as of March 14, according to the latest CDC data.

ccording to CDC, this year's flu season has led to at least 17 million medical visits and 390,000 hospitalizations. CDC found that the percentage of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness increased to 5.8% in the week ending on March 14, up from 5.2% the previous week. The national baseline for those visits is 2.4%.

CDC in its latest report estimated that there had been at least 23,000 deaths related to the flu as of March 14.

This flu season has been especially bad for children, according to CDC. The report shows 149 total pediatric deaths were reported as of March 14. Five new pediatric deaths occurred in the week ending on March 14. The cumulative hospitalization rate for children ages four and under so far this season is 92.5 per 100,000 people.

Experts say the high number of pediatric deaths this flu season is due to the fact that both influenza A and B have been dominant, leading to what's being called a "double barrel" flu season. Experts say the influenza B strain is more likely to affect younger people, though they're not sure why. Some believe that older people may have some immunity to influenza B, as it doesn't mutate as much as other flu strains, meaning it's possible older people have caught the strain circulating this season before (CDC Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report, 3/14; CDC "Flu View," accessed 3/23; CDC Preliminary In-Season 2019-2020 Flu Burden Estimates, accessed 3/23; Schumaker, ABC News, 2/21; Wesner Childs, Weather.com, 2/14; Edwards, NBC News, 2/20).

That does not look ANYTHING like your prediction as requested in the opening post.

March 24, 2020

That does not look ANYTHING like your prediction as requested in the opening post.
I don't predict the deaths of Americans unless they are leftists in that case 1 million
FYI the sky is not falling and this years flu has been very deadly
Imagine that a common flu killing thousands why aren't yu outraged over that?

March 24, 2020

I don't predict the deaths of Americans unless they are leftists in that case 1 million
Generally, lefties have a lot of trouble making recreational predictions when there is insufficient data, it is a difficulty of placing themselves in hypothetical situations. Typically, lefties can only answer hypothetical predictions with replies that reflect their emotions, but I still enjoy reading what they post. You seem to be implying that you are not a lefty, but your evasive reply sure looks like it came from a lefty. Things like "the sky is not falling" and "outrage" are not connected to the opening post, so they look like lefty evasions. Answering an opening post that asks for a prediction by claiming you don't make predictions looks like a classic lefty evasion as well. Are you sure you aren't a commie?

I wish I knew

but we still dont know the actual fatality rate for the wuhan china virus

it is deadlier than the common flu but how much deadlier?
Time will tell if covid 19 is as common as the flu of the past or if it is something more. What dates do you predict?
Everyone WITH NO EXCEPTIONS will have the virus eventually

If the death rate is .6% of all infections then 200,000 of us will die either this year or the next

but we dont know what the death rate is

Or when vaccines or drugs for treatment will come

if they will come at all
A bit more serious than Trump led people to think.
Would it have made a big difference?

If we had one dead person in America how would the public respond to stay-at-home orders?

I think trump is managing a crisis and doing it well
That is not the case. And the intelligence community warned him of this back in January.

I wish I knew

Time will tell if covid 19 is as common as the flu of the past or if it is something more. What dates do you predict?

If the death rate is .6% of all infections then 200,000 of us will die either this year or the next

if they will come at all

If we had one dead person in America how would the public respond to stay-at-home orders?

That is not the case. And the intelligence community warned him of this back in January.
Trump closed travel from china in January when there was one wuhan virus patient in the US and only 213 deaths reported in china

Last edited:

March 24, 2020

Generally, lefties have a lot of trouble making recreational predictions when there is insufficient data, it is a difficulty of placing themselves in hypothetical situations. Typically, lefties can only answer hypothetical predictions with replies that reflect their emotions, but I still enjoy reading what they post. You seem to be implying that you are not a lefty, but your evasive reply sure looks like it came from a lefty. Things like "the sky is not falling" and "outrage" are not connected to the opening post, so they look like lefty evasions. Answering an opening post that asks for a prediction by claiming you don't make predictions looks like a classic lefty evasion as well. Are you sure you aren't a commie?
If I am a commie you're a cock sucking idiot.

March 24, 2020

I’m guessing both are true.

March 24, 2020

I’m guessing both are true.
c U Next Tuesday

I wish I knew

if they will come at all
When do you think the death count of Covid 19 victims exceeds last year's death count for the flu in the USA, which was 34,000, and when you predict the count will exceed the year before, which was 61,000?
It should happen, from what they are saying.
And this is not the regular flu.

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

Trump closed travel from china in January when there was one wuhan virus patient in the US and only 213 deaths reported in china
If you look at the restrictions, he did not close travel from China. That is what he said he was doing because he knows how gullible his supporters are.

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

If you look at the restrictions, he did not close travel from China. That is what he said he was doing because he knows how gullible his supporters are.
Then why did liberals have a fit and call him a racist?

3603 deaths so far, according to the cdc site.

3603 today minus 2860 yesterday is 743 deaths since yesterday, and is more than the 455 deaths the day before. I'll set my guess to the 3rd week of may.
4513 to date minus 3603 yesterday is 913 deaths since yesterday. 743 the day before, 455 the day before that. I'll update my guess to may 1st.

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

You would not say anything bad about Trump no matter what he was doing. He ignored the intelligence community at the beginning, and it took his quite a while to realize the seriousness of it despite what was going on in the world. And Trump supporters were blowing it off as a liberal hoax, despite what they could see, if they only paid attention to the world.

Forum List

Back