Covid 19 exceeding past 2 years of flu

I am looking for predictions of when you think the death count of Covid 19 victims exceeds last year's death count for the flu in the USA, which was 34,000, and when you predict the count will exceed the year before, which was 61,000. Anybody care to predict the date?
I wish I knew

but we still dont know the actual fatality rate for the wuhan china virus

it is deadlier than the common flu but how much deadlier?
Time will tell if covid 19 is as common as the flu of the past or if it is something more. What dates do you predict?
Everyone WITH NO EXCEPTIONS will have the virus eventually

If the death rate is .6% of all infections then 200,000 of us will die either this year or the next

but we dont know what the death rate is

Or when vaccines or drugs for treatment will come

if they will come at all
A bit more serious than Trump led people to think.
Would it have made a big difference?

If we had one dead person in America how would the public respond to stay-at-home orders?

I think trump is managing a crisis and doing it well
You would not say anything bad about Trump no matter what he was doing.

He ignored the intelligence community at the beginning, and it took his quite a while to realize the seriousness of it despite what was going on in the world. And Trump supporters were blowing it off as a liberal hoax, despite what they could see, if they only paid attention to the world.

Under the circumstances of total all-out mindless assault against trump by liberals what would be the point?

you have been trying to impeach him since before he was sworn in

I am looking for predictions of when you think the death count of Covid 19 victims exceeds last year's death count for the flu in the USA, which was 34,000, and when you predict the count will exceed the year before, which was 61,000. Anybody care to predict the date?
I wish I knew

Time will tell if covid 19 is as common as the flu of the past or if it is something more. What dates do you predict?

If the death rate is .6% of all infections then 200,000 of us will die either this year or the next

if they will come at all

If we had one dead person in America how would the public respond to stay-at-home orders?

He ignored the intelligence community at the beginning, and it took his quite a while to realize the seriousness of it despite what was going on in the world. And Trump supporters were blowing it off as a liberal hoax, despite what they could see, if they only paid attention to the world.

Under the circumstances of total all-out mindless assault against trump by liberals what would be the point?

And rightfully so. But that has nothing to do with this situation.

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

You expect us to join you in raking trump over the coals

but that's not going to happen while he is on office

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

You will wait until he is out of office like the brave ones you nare.

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

It has nothing to do with courage

liberals are insane with hate toward trump

you cant have rational conversations with people like that

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

Nor with Trump followers. It is a real problem. The country is fucked.

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

We are fucked because hillary voters a sore losers

3603 deaths so far, according to the cdc site.

3603 today minus 2860 yesterday is 743 deaths since yesterday, and is more than the 455 deaths the day before. I'll set my guess to the 3rd week of may.
4513 to date minus 3603 yesterday is 913 deaths since yesterday. 743 the day before, 455 the day before that. I'll update my guess to may 1st.
5443 today, 830 new deaths since yesterday. That's a few less than the day before... I'll hold at may 1st

Deaths and Mortality

Data are for the U.S.

Number of deaths: 2,813,503
Death rate: 863.8 deaths per 100,000 population
Life expectancy: 78.6 years
Infant Mortality rate: 5.79 deaths per 1,000 live births

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2017

FastStats - Deaths and Mortality

The statistics support what I am trying to say.

Originally Posted by Sandy Shanks View Post

Eliminating the N.Y. metro area (N.Y. & N.J.), New Orleans (La), and Detroit (Mi), and it shows the normal death rate for the common cold among the elderly with underlying conditions. For example, California, the largest state in population, has 207 deaths in three months. The death toll in the graph is a cumulative figure over a period of three months.

Yesterday, Dr. Birx also told us that, while the young do get infected, they recover. She said that the mortality rate "increases with age and preexisting medical conditions."

That is why, when the media tries to scare us with increasing cases of the coronavirus, that figure is unimportant. The important factor is the death rate, the true measure of the lethality of a virus. Millions catch the common cold every winter.

Just some thoughts on this pandemic.

It is difficult to understand how this is a national crisis when the media spends 95% of its time on the New York metro area, which includes parts of New Jersey. Occasionally, the media spends a little time on New Orleans and Detroit. The death rate in the rest of the country among the elderly with underlying health issues is normal.

The Trump administration has recommended that every American should wear a mask when in close contact with others. Trump and his crew should practice what they preach. At the daily press conferences Trump and his advisors are jammed together on the small stage in the press room. Shouldn't they be wearing masks ... if it is that important? Just asking.

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

You just do not get it.

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

You just do not get it.
I do get it

you and millions of disappointed libs like you feel thst trump never should have been president

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

You just do not get it.
I do get it

you and millions of disappointed libs like you feel thst trump never should have been president
The majority of people who voted in the last election, and many more.

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

You just do not get it.
I do get it

We’ll see in november

trump is doing a good job dealing with the china virus and the lib media has been unable to hide that fact

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

You just do not get it.
I do get it

We’ll see in november

trump is doing a good job dealing with the china virus and the lib media has been unable to hide that fact
Not a very good answer. And the media has not hidden how slow on the draw Trump was.

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

You just do not get it.
I do get it

We’ll see in november

Not a very good answer. And the media has not hidden how slow on the draw Trump was.
Why?

Cant you wait for the election?

or are you unprepared to accept another trumpvictory?

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

You just do not get it.
I do get it

We’ll see in november

Why?

I left the United States a quarter of a century ago and have slowly watched it go downhill. Another Trump victory would be a shame for the country, but it might be what it deserves.

I wish I knew

if they will come at all

You just do not get it.
I do get it

We’ll see in november

Why?

I left the United States a quarter of a century ago and have slowly watched it go downhill. Another Trump victory would be a shame for the country, but it might be what it deserves.
Is your new first love any better since 25 years ago?

I agree that America has been in trouble since the Greatest Generation retired and the Baby Boomers took over

so I have a lot of angst about that myself

but running away to some second rate foreign nation is not the answer

Caused by Trump's press conferences and the compliant media there is a lot of hysteria going on. Time for some facts.

On Friday in New York the wind was blowing, and it was cold and rainy, the perfect breeding ground for the common cold. N.Y. had a cold wet winter lasting four months. It's downtown area is dominated by the elderly and the homeless, and public conveyances are the most popular means of transport. The N.Y. area is infested with Covid-19. Is anyone surprised?

Today, there is a total of 9,602 deaths in the U.S. attributed to the coronavirus. 6,170 deaths have occurred in New York (N.Y. metro area extends to New Jersey), Michigan (Detroit metro area), and Louisiana (New Orleans metro area). That means in the other 46 states 3,432 deaths have occurred among the elderly, sick, homeless, and poor. That means a normal death rate. That means the epidemic has been localized and Covid-19 is not pandemic within the United States. Those figures are cumulative total of a three month period.

Are the elderly in nursing homes and hospitals and the homeless, who were already sick before becoming infected by Covid-19, dying of lung disease, pneumonia, heart disease, influenza, etc. or are they dying because of Covid-19?

The evidence points to the former.

UChicago Medicine reports, for those who contract the disease "80% get what feels like a bad cold and recover at home." The publication goes on to report many did not even know they had the virus.

Also, there is this from Business Insider, "80% of deaths associated with COVID-19 were among adults aged ≥65 years with the highest percentage of severe outcomes among persons aged ≥85 years."

The media reported that a 39-year old health worker died of the coronavirus. Reports now show she did not have the virus. That was not reported in the media. There have countless examples of this fear mongering, and the truth was hidden from the public. Coronavirus test comes back NEGATIVE for New Orleans social worker found dead | Daily Mail Online

At a recent press conference, Dr. Deborah Birx presented a rather startling graph. It showed that New York state and New Jersey, which is connected to the N.Y. city metro area, are anomalies. The rest of the states, all 48 of them, appear to have Covid-19 under control, although Detroit and New Orleans may be the exception. United States Coronavirus: 336,673 Cases and 9,616 Deaths - Worldometer

Dr. Birx also told us that, while the young do get infected, they recover. She said that the mortality rate "increases with age and preexisting medical conditions."

Conclusion: Take away New York City, Detroit, and New Orleans and the media wouldn't have much to talk about.

Forum List

Back