Court Packing

Fudge, courts...those RatZ will pack anything.

The statutory number of seats is nine. To change that number will require new legislation nullifying the following act:

With a Democratic House and a Democratic Senate, anything is possible.

Makes you stick your hand down your pants, doesn't it, "Republican?"
Just stating the facts. I know how much you hate that.

Yes, and the fact is that when you stack the court, that's not permanent either. When Republicans take back power which is roughly every decade or so then they will stack it back and then every decade or two the court will grow and grow and grow and the court will always serve the ruling party.

You think you're taking the court permanently, you just don't grasp you're not
See post 38.

Fudge, courts...those RatZ will pack anything.

The statutory number of seats is nine. To change that number will require new legislation nullifying the following act:

With a Democratic House and a Democratic Senate, anything is possible.

Makes you stick your hand down your pants, doesn't it, "Republican?"
Just stating the facts. I know how much you hate that.

Yes, and the fact is that when you stack the court, that's not permanent either. When Republicans take back power which is roughly every decade or so then they will stack it back and then every decade or two the court will grow and grow and grow and the court will always serve the ruling party.

You think you're taking the court permanently, you just don't grasp you're not
See post 38.

That doesn't address my point

Trump could get that done in a few weeks.

Just line up a list of 50 hardcore right wing candidates and ask the Senate to confirm every Goddamn one. You'll get an amendment in short order.

Well, the problem would be increasing the size of the Court to begin with - which would require the House to be on board as well. The only way it will happen is if one party has control of everything (WH and all of Congress). Which may very well be what we're facing if the "blue wave" comes to fruition.

In the past, Biden has recognized how stupid that would be - but stupidity is trending.
I really don't see Biden trending this way. Clyburn isn't either. Biden's mentioned something vague in term of reforming (or changing) the federal courts

Yeah. I've seen that a couple of times. Something about a bipartisan commission to study "court reform". It's either a dog whistle for court packing, or he's placating progressives with ambiguity.

And I'm not sure he's gonna win anyway.

They'd also need to take the Senate. Both are definitely possible.
Just eliminate the SC. All they have done for some time now, is protect the wealthy and powerful. They haven’t done their constitutional duty so they’re a criminal enterprise. Just like Congress and the Executive branch.

Time to start over.

They certainly haven't done a great job enforcing limits on state power. But I don't really buy the line that they protect the "wealthy and powerful". I think they're just kinda cowardly. They don't want to be seen as blocking the "will of the people". But that's their fucking job.

Robert's ACA decision was the perfect example. He outlined exactly why the mandate was wrong, but then copped out with "but we've been doing it for a long time, so I'm not gonna block it". Lame.
They certainly haven’t limited state power. That is their number one job.

Just line up a list of 50 hardcore right wing candidates and ask the Senate to confirm every Goddamn one. You'll get an amendment in short order.

Well, the problem would be increasing the size of the Court to begin with - which would require the House to be on board as well. The only way it will happen is if one party has control of everything (WH and all of Congress). Which may very well be what we're facing if the "blue wave" comes to fruition.

In the past, Biden has recognized how stupid that would be - but stupidity is trending.
I really don't see Biden trending this way. Clyburn isn't either. Biden's mentioned something vague in term of reforming (or changing) the federal courts

Yeah. I've seen that a couple of times. Something about a bipartisan commission to study "court reform". It's either a dog whistle for court packing, or he's placating progressives with ambiguity.

They'd also need to take the Senate. Both are definitely possible.
Just eliminate the SC. All they have done for some time now, is protect the wealthy and powerful. They haven’t done their constitutional duty so they’re a criminal enterprise. Just like Congress and the Executive branch.

Time to start over.

They certainly haven't done a great job enforcing limits on state power. But I don't really buy the line that they protect the "wealthy and powerful". I think they're just kinda cowardly. They don't want to be seen as blocking the "will of the people". But that's their fucking job.

Robert's ACA decision was the perfect example. He outlined exactly why the mandate was wrong, but then copped out with "but we've been doing it for a long time, so I'm not gonna block it". Lame.
They certainly haven’t limited state power. That is their number one job.
Oh and they very much protect the wealthy. Clearly we have a justice system that is terribly unfair to the poor. The wealthy buy themselves justice.

Last edited:
Saw this from the supreme douchebag:

122977140_3756393004373268_2861900564620365736_o.jpg

We need a Constitutional amendment preventing court packing. Otherwise, there's not much point in having a Court. Nor a Constitution.
As I understand it, Congress can impeach a SCOTUS justice for any reason they wish. Just sayn'.

True, but it would take both parties to do it
At the moment, yes. Next January? Maybe not.

It would be a terrible precedent but there have already been terrible precedents so it might be justified.

A good judge can be either a Republican or a Democrat, I have voted for lots of judges not belonging to my party of preference. What I call stacking the court is what Mitch Mc has done, any one who leans hard right gets pushed in, even if they are deemed under or unqualified for the job. And while talking about Mitch lets not for get he has fought against any increase in the mim wage for 11 years for working Americans, yet he has voted for Every increase in pay for the senate.

We need a Constitutional amendment preventing court packing. Otherwise, there's not much point in having a Court. Nor a Constitution.

We don't have a Court now. We have Republican judges conspiring with Republicans to make it difficult for people to vote or have their votes counted. This election is proving how corrupted the courts have been corrupted.

We don't have a Court now. We have Republican judges conspiring with Republicans to make it difficult for people to vote or have their votes counted. This election is proving how corrupted the courts have been corrupted.
So then we should just get rid of the Court altogether, and not dick around with the court packing nonsense. What about the Constitution? Should we trash that as well?

Biden is playing it smart. He is giving these Republican judges the rope to hang themselves and they already have provided enough rope and are still making it. If these judges throw out votes, that will be thde last straw for voters.

Forum List

Back