Could all Religions Come Together?

I do admit, it would be quite fascinating to see what happens if 1000 Christians showed up with bibles and crosses in the center of Mecca and started singing hymns.

Or if 100 Muslims went to a Christian church this sunday and rolled out their rugs and started praying to Allah and Muhammed.

I don't think there would be hugs and applause.

I do admit, it would be quite fascinating to see what happens if 1000 Christians showed up with bibles and crosses in the center of Mecca and started singing hymns.

Or if 100 Muslims went to a Christian church this sunday and rolled out their rugs and started praying to Allah and Muhammed.

No one has been advocating this, so no reason to move the goal posts.

However, if Muslims did show up at our church I haven't a doubt that they would be welcome, and once they left, we would continue with our own rites. However, the Muslims in my community not only have their own place of worship, they are polite and wouldn't enter another building unless by invitation, just as Christians wouldn't enter those without invitation.

On a single small corner where I live, there is a Muslim place of worship; a Jewish place of worship; a Christian place of worship. There are never any issues and only our high holy days, overflow parking is welcome in all areas, high holy days coming on different days.

No one has been advocating this, so no reason to move the goal posts.
Right, you are advocating a fantasy you can't even describe, while I am demonstrating what it would be in the real world.

Fantasy vs. Reality. And you are on the side of fantasy.

Where do you imagine the 2.5 billion Muslims and Christians would come together and worship, if not in churches, in mosques, or on holy lands? Starbucks? A zoom call?

The more your fantasy is fleshed out, the more absurd it becomes.

What will happen is they all worship Antichrist. The world church is known in Scripture as the Whore of Baylon
The antichrist is the antithesis of Christ and all his teachings. Basically, it consists of all who pursue worldly good and physical pleasures over the narrow, spiritual way which Jesus taught.

Christians aren't allowed in Mecca, only Muslims are. Muslims, however can pray in church. Of course, Muslims pray to Allah, not to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).

Christians aren't allowed in Mecca, only Muslims are. Muslims, however can pray in church.
Says you. I doubt the parishioners and priests would defer to your authority, should 100 of them show up this Sunday and roll out the prayer rugs during the sermon.

Where do you imagine the 2.5 billion Muslims and Christians would come together
World wide there are over a billion Catholics, many of which attend Mass on Sunday. Are you imagining we all gather at the same place and time on Sunday to celebrate the Eucharist together?

If you are not thinking such a set-up happens every Sunday, why are you asking about 2.5 billion people?

However, the Muslims in my community not only have their own place of worship, they are polite and wouldn't enter another building unless by invitation, just as Christians wouldn't enter those without invitation.
Are you saying it's impolite to enter the church without an invitation? Where I live they have a kind of an open doors policy, just like mosques; everyone is welcome.

World wide there are over a billion Catholics, many of which attend Mass on Sunday. Are you imagining we all gather at the same place and time on Sunday to celebrate the Eucharist together?
If you think,by over a million churches or mosques, I mean "one place", then I have really overestimated your capacities.

Come on, man.

Are you saying it's impolite to enter the church without an invitation? Where I live they have a kind of an open doors policy, just like mosques; everyone is welcome.
Everyone is welcome to walk through the door.

Not every action they take, once inside, is welcomed.

Like saying that believing Jesus is a messiah is blasphemy punishable by death, for example. Not sure how well that one would fly at Precious Blood of our Iron Age Angel this Sunday.

Remember, he was saying 1,000 Muslims, with prayer mats entering a Catholic Church during a time of Catholic worship. If they enter at such a time, they would be welcome to be a part of the Catholic rite, but not to begin their own rite.

Are you saying one thousand Catholics would be welcome to enter a Muslim place of prayer during Muslim prayer time and begin to say Mass? Or, like the Catholic Church is it open for individual people to join in (or quietly observe) the rite in progress?

Everyone is welcome to walk through the door.

Not every action they take, once inside, is welcomed.

Like saying that believing Jesus is a messiah is blasphemy punishable by death, for example. Not sure how well that one would fly at Precious Blood of our Iron Age Angel this Sunday.
Jesus is a messiah.

"Those who say, “Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary,” have certainly fallen into disbelief. The Messiah ˹himself˺ said, “O Children of Israel! Worship Allah—my Lord and your Lord.” Whoever associates others with Allah ˹in worship˺ will surely be forbidden Paradise by Allah. Their home will be the Fire. And the wrongdoers will have no helpers." Quran 5:72

I can't imagine people being too shocked about that. However, Muslims are thinking human beings and they do, for the most part, have an understanding on when certain things should be said and done. I don't know what is up with your examples.

Forum List

Back