Could all Religions Come Together?

Remember, he was saying 1,000 Muslims, with prayer mats entering a Catholic Church during a time of Catholic worship. If they enter at such a time, they would be welcome to be a part of the Catholic rite, but not to begin their own rite.

Are you saying one thousand Catholics would be welcome to enter a Muslim place of prayer during Muslim prayer time and begin to say Mass? Or, like the Catholic Church is it open for individual people to join in (or quietly observe) the rite in progress?
It goes without saying that it is rude to cause disturbance.

I'm talking about the Islamic ruling that it is permissable for Muslims to pray in church provided there are no pictures or statues there.

Be serious. Small groups could gather anywhere--including homes--for worship. Why complicate simplicity?
You be serious. You didn't start a discussion about a few isolated cases of them coming together for appetizers and prayers at Karen's house. And if you are forced to retreat to such a place to keep the defeated point alive, you have admitted the answer to your question in your thread title is "no".

It goes without saying that it is rude to cause disturbance
Which is precisely what Christians and Muslims would consider the other praying in their special, magical places at the same time as them to be.

A point that speaks directly to the thread topic.

You"re doing a fine job of strengthening my points.

I'm talking about the Islamic ruling that it is permissable for Muslims to pray in church provided there are no pictures or statues there.
Quite reasonable and good to know. (I am trying to handle a couple of conversations here and may not always keep them straight. :) )

What will happen is they all worship Antichrist. The world church is known in Scripture as the Whore of Babylo
Nope. In scripture the whore of Babylon is Israel. The prophets railed against Israel for whoring after false gods.

No, the world religions cannot come together.
Even the 3 abrahamic religions -- the 3 most closely related and overlapping major religions in history -- have instructions right in their magical handbooks to kill the infidels. And that the infidels will not get the forever prize.

So either they abandon some or much of their religions to come together, or they don't come together.

That's it. It's that simple.

You didn't start a discussion about a few isolated cases
You are the one who pictured 2.5 billion people packed into one place at one time. People can gather anywhere...public parks or schools, even several sites in the same town. People simply gathering for prayer/worship. If you want, picture everyone going into their closets at the same time for the sole purpose of worshiping God, knowing in this one thing--worship of God--we are united.

You seem to be saying, "Can't be done." Undoubtedly, many agree with you. And I say, "Argue for your limitations and you get to keep them." I think about how it might be done, how it could happen.

You are the one who pictured 2.5 billion people packed into one place at one time.
No I didn't. You simply gave very little mental effort in reading my comments or are intentionally and dishonestly misrepresenting me. .

My comment: "Where do you imagine the 2.5 billion Muslims and Christians would come together and worship, if not in churches, in mosques, or on holy lands?"

*note the multiple plural nouns

You are either being lazy or dishonest. Also, I have told you that is not at all what I meant. So get past it.

Last edited:
Is it because none of us love God enough?
Beliefs are to different and unfortunately many men of God are wolves in sheep's clothing. Only use religion for profit and power. To many say only their message is right and all else is blasphemy. Making enemies of any other Beliefs. Nope they will never unite. Not in this physical world anyway maybe in the next life.

Despite differences, could all faiths unite? What are the great differences, and how might they be overcome so we might worship together?
We couldn’t do that if Christianity insists that the only way to G-d is through belief in that religion. That is a great difference that can’t be overcome.

Beliefs are to different and unfortunately many men of God are wolves in sheep's clothing. Only use religion for profit and power. To many say only their message is right and all else is blasphemy. Making enemies of any other Beliefs. Nope they will never unite. Not in this physical world anyway maybe in the next life.
Could we come together for one day?

Our command from God is to love our brother. Another scripture notes anyone who says they love God but hates his brother is a liar.

I do understand that different cultures have rites and ceremonies that they treasure that others may not understand or value. I am not proposing coming up with a single rite or an agreement on Jesus, Muhammad, and Abraham.

I am wondering if for a single day, all who love God can come together to glorify Him together.

New Topics

Forum List

Back