Conservatives who oppose withdrawing from Afghanistan, what would you do?

Part we agree on: I agree that the Taliban enabled Al Qaeda who attacked the United States. And that means I totally support our attacking and destroying the Taliban and paying them back many times over for what they did to us. And I had no problem with our military staying involved and keeping them down by bombing and whatever else we wanted to do to them for as long as we need to keep them from being a threat and as a warning others what we will do to them.

What I don't agree with: Nation building in Afghanistan. It's a tribal country. Russia failed to control it. Britain failed four times. We had no chance. We should not have invaded and tried to build a government there. To maintain the government, we will have to stay for centuries. That is insane. W was a moron and really screwed us by putting us in an impossible situation where we could never leave.

It's really unfortunate that we sent so many Americans who fought and died for our country. My niece was in the military there and her husband did at least five tours that I remember. Now we pull out and it falls negating their sacrifice and the price we and they paid. I feel genuinely bad about that.

But what choice do we have? We have been there for almost 20 years and they aren't remotely able to support themselves. They won't be in our lifetimes. They won't be in our children's lifetimes.

What should we have done? What is the solution other than leaving? I can't believe Bush went in without realizing this is how at one point or another it would end.

We should had nuked them pillar to post.

Should had nuked Iraq too, then went in to take the oil.

Instead Bush the globalist went in for nation building and trying to create a “democracy” which Muslims have no interest in. Nope, thump them with a big stick, take their wealth, and that is how they learn to not fuck with us.
What a fucking moron.

Nuke them then go take their oil?

That would kill more people than you just nuked, a long slow death from radiation poisoning, brilliant.

Spend trillions on radiation suits that would cost more than the oil, you are trying to extract.

Most Americans agreed that we needed to vacate Afghanistan.
But that we should have left with honor and dignity.
Not sneak away like a thief fleeing in the middle of the night.
Which made our country look weak and pathetic. ... :cool:

I wonder if we announced the date we're leaving would that give the Taliban, Al Qaida, and/or others to be ready to shoot our planes down when we left? I think I'd rather not broadcast that information.
Not really... There is logistics and plans to put in place...

There will be plenty of air cover while leaving

What should be done? Why ask conservatives? Barry Hussein had 8 years to untangle us from Afghanistan and he even gave a couple of target dates but he never followed through. President Trump promised to get us out of useless foreign conflicts but democrats obstructed every move he made and tied him up with two impeachments and that was the plan.
Follow the money.

Here's the problem, high level......Bush agreed to leave Iraq and then Obama saw it through. Then what happened? The result was much worse, ISIS was built, etc. etc. Under Trump cleaned up the mess, but PROGS are idiots, another reason to vote Demonicrat their eyes, orange-man bad.

So what do we do? Fuck I don't know, but I know it's not pack-up and leave altogether.
Bush signed the agreement moron.

So, republicans would agree to this?

The pact required criminal charges for holding prisoners over 24 hours, and required a warrant for searches of homes and buildings that were not related to combat.
U.S. contractors working for U.S. forces would have been subject to Iraqi criminal law, while contractors working for the State Department and other U.S. agencies would retain their immunity.
If U.S. forces committed still undecided "major premeditated felonies" while off-duty and off-base, they would have been subjected to an undecided procedures laid out by a joint U.S.-Iraq committee if the U.S. certified the forces were off-duty.

Plus your retarded, dear leader wanted Iraq to pay the US for leaving Iraq.

President Trump told Fox News' "The Ingraham Angle" in an exclusive interview Friday that he believes Iraq should pay back the United States for its investments in the country over the past several years or the American military will "stay there."

"I said, 'If we leave, you got to pay us,'" Trump told host Laura Ingraham. "'If we leave ... you have to pay us for the money we put in.'"

Part we agree on: I agree that the Taliban enabled Al Qaeda who attacked the United States. And that means I totally support our attacking and destroying the Taliban and paying them back many times over for what they did to us. And I had no problem with our military staying involved and keeping them down by bombing and whatever else we wanted to do to them for as long as we need to keep them from being a threat and as a warning others what we will do to them.

What I don't agree with: Nation building in Afghanistan. It's a tribal country. Russia failed to control it. Britain failed four times. We had no chance. We should not have invaded and tried to build a government there. To maintain the government, we will have to stay for centuries. That is insane. W was a moron and really screwed us by putting us in an impossible situation where we could never leave.

It's really unfortunate that we sent so many Americans who fought and died for our country. My niece was in the military there and her husband did at least five tours that I remember. Now we pull out and it falls negating their sacrifice and the price we and they paid. I feel genuinely bad about that.

But what choice do we have? We have been there for almost 20 years and they aren't remotely able to support themselves. They won't be in our lifetimes. They won't be in our children's lifetimes.

What should we have done? What is the solution other than leaving? I can't believe Bush went in without realizing this is how at one point or another it would end.

Instead Bush the globalist went in for nation building and trying to create a “democracy” which Muslims have no interest in. Nope, thump them with a big stick, take their wealth, and that is how they learn to not fuck with us.
What a fucking moron.

That would kill more people than you just nuked, a long slow death from radiation poisoning, brilliant.

Spend trillions on radiation suits that would cost more than the oil, you are trying to extract.
How dumb are you? Radiation from nukes isn’t that bad. Hiroshima is a living thriving city. The best thing that happened to Japan was being nuked and put back in their place.

Removing troops from Afghanistan is like defunding the police.
We need a presence there more than we do in Europe.

Why?
It’s a potential terrorist nest. Ever heard of an incident called 9-11?

OK, but do you know ow many "potential terrorist nests" there are in the world? We're going to occupy them all forever?
Only the ones involved in coordinating 9-11.

We did for 20 years. How long would you stay there?

If they are threatening us, why don't we just bomb them instead of keeping our troops there endlessly?

this goes back many years. Where we messed up was after the Red army withdrew in the late 1980's we did nothing thanks to Bush 41 and the Congress. The late Rep, Charlie Wilson of Texas proposed a 1 billion aid package for Afghanistan after the Russians left. Rebuild roads, build schools, restock herds etc. The bill got no where. Had it passed and went into effect I believe it would have reduced the chances of the situation that occurred later. No guarantee but the odds would have been lessened considerably,

Over the last 16 years Trump was audited 16 times. If this was so flagrant, why didn't the IRS spot it?

{crickets} ...

People ho defend keping troops in Afghanistan are noot conservatives they are just low life NeoCons. Neocons as we all know never saw a war they did not like.

Conservatives who oppose withdrawing from Afghanistan, what would you do?
The problem is that conservatives with a wrongheaded, unwarranted opposition to withdrawing from Afghanistan might try to redeploy forces to that country when the next Republican is in the WH.

Republicans are infamous for their propensity for war.

Democrats are just as warlike as Republicans, Clayton the Blowhard. You just want to be behind the steering wheel.

I would gladly accept Democrat help is demanding we cut back from our military presence throughout the world. But every Democrat president proves you don't mean it, liar.

Just cut the shit. Your party are war hawks. And you are too as proven by your failure to recognize that

Why?

OK, but do you know ow many "potential terrorist nests" there are in the world? We're going to occupy them all forever?

If they are threatening us, why don't we just bomb them instead of keeping our troops there endlessly?
Do you suggest we bomb inner city crime zones or maintain an effective police presence?

Why?

Do you suggest we bomb inner city crime zones or maintain an effective police presence?

I doubt that threats to the US would be in inner cities, but we attack the threat wherever it is.

Policing the world is a fail

Why?

I doubt that threats to the US would be in inner cities, but we attack the threat wherever it is.

Who’s policing the world? Just select necessary areas.
You missed my inner city analogy.

Why?

Who’s policing the world? Just select necessary areas.
You missed my inner city analogy.

Comparing policing Afghanistan with policing US cities wasn't worth getting. Police = domestic, military = foreign.

I said in the beginning that I agreed with not only blowing the crap out of the Taliban but we had the right to monitor and bomb them for as long as we need. I don't have a problem with continuing that now.

But the place is a tribal hell hole. I still don't get why we want to be there having US troops killed on the ground there when there is zero chance we change anything in our children's lifetimes and I'm not seeing you give any reasons either, just stating that we should as fact

I and a handful of others had the good fortune of having dinner early last year with a retired Army Colonel who served 2 tours in Afghanistan and still serves the US Army as a civilian in an advisory capacity. Someone brought up the subject of Afghanistan and he said we should get out because we've done all we can do there. This was early in 2020.

I and a handful of others had the good fortune of having dinner early last year with a retired Army Colonel who served 2 tours in Afghanistan and still serves the US Army as a civilian in an advisory capacity. Someone brought up the subject of Afghanistan and he said we should get out because we've done all we can do there. This was early in 2020.

We should have pulled out a long time ago

should we also have troops in Chad, Ukraine, the african horn, iraq, haiti, syria, etc..? they are pretty unstable too...

1625868120105.jpeg

What a fucking moron.

How dumb are you? Radiation from nukes isn’t that bad. Hiroshima is a living thriving city. The best thing that happened to Japan was being nuked and put back in their place.
How dumb are you?

The nukes we have today, some are 3,000 times more powerful as the ones dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

So, in order to do what the US did to Hiroshima, we would have to build a low level nuclear bomb, something we may or may not have.

Then wait decades before getting ME oil?

Even as late as the 60's the effects of radiation to parents offspring, were getting cancer and leukemia.

Part we agree on: I agree that the Taliban enabled Al Qaeda who attacked the United States.

I don't agree with that....In fact, the Taliban asked that Chimpy McShrub prove to them that OSB was behind the attack, and they'd turn him over themselves.....He refused and attacked.

You're not a conservative. I am not saying you can't comment, of course you can. I'm just pointing out I said I agree with CONSERVATIVES on that.

But Al Qaeda was freely operating in Afghanistan. They were certainly enabling them. If they had turned over OSB that would be a lot better argument than that they said if we convinced them then they would. Liars always say things like that. Have you read all the crap Hitler said? Offering and not doing is irrelevant

And yet OSB was in Pakistan, so what was the war really about?

It is true Afghanistan is a tribal nation, but the countries truly behind the attack on the U.S. were Pakistan and Saudi Arabia and not once did anyone threaten to invade them, so what was the point of invading Afghanistan?

Part we agree on: I agree that the Taliban enabled Al Qaeda who attacked the United States.

I don't agree with that....In fact, the Taliban asked that Chimpy McShrub prove to them that OSB was behind the attack, and they'd turn him over themselves.....He refused and attacked.

You're not a conservative. I am not saying you can't comment, of course you can. I'm just pointing out I said I agree with CONSERVATIVES on that.

But Al Qaeda was freely operating in Afghanistan. They were certainly enabling them. If they had turned over OSB that would be a lot better argument than that they said if we convinced them then they would. Liars always say things like that. Have you read all the crap Hitler said? Offering and not doing is irrelevant

It is true Afghanistan is a tribal nation, but the countries truly behind the attack on the U.S. were Pakistan and Saudi Arabia and not once did anyone threaten to invade them, so what was the point of invading Afghanistan?

I don't believe it's factually true that OSB wasn't in Afghanistan and the Taliban were uninvolved. As I understand it it's fair to say he was moving between the blurry borders, but I challenge your assertion that Afghanistan wasn't involved. The Taliban deserved what they got.

Whether OSB was in Afghanistan or Pakistan, the Taliban far more directly supported him. My argument is not let's rewrite history. I think we can be factually honest and still make the case it was bad policy and leaving is the right choice.

I agree that Saudi Arabia was far more directly involved than they were ever held accountable for. I have also been very critical of our supporting them. They still teach we are the great Satan in their schools and we are propping up a despotic government.

I realize why we have to support them if we are there. But a far better agenda would be to not be there and not support them. And let's finally stop restricting domestic oil production so we don't need them

I don't believe it's factually true that OSB wasn't in Afghanistan and the Taliban were uninvolved. As I understand it it's fair to say he was moving between the blurry borders, but I challenge your assertion that Afghanistan wasn't involved. The Taliban deserved what they got.

Whether OSB was in Afghanistan or Pakistan, the Taliban far more directly supported him. My argument is not let's rewrite history. I think we can be factually honest and still make the case it was bad policy and leaving is the right choice.

I agree that Saudi Arabia was far more directly involved than they were ever held accountable for. I have also been very critical of our supporting them. They still teach we are the great Satan in their schools and we are propping up a despotic government.

I realize why we have to support them if we are there. But a far better agenda would be to not be there and not support them. And let's finally stop restricting domestic oil production so we don't need them

The fact is the attack on Afghanistan was just a shiny object to appease the American public while knowing we could never go after Saudi Arabia or Pakistan for their involvement.

Afghanistan had or has their bases for training but so do many other countries from Mexico to the Philippines, and yet we never invaded those countries.

The fact is none of the terrorists ever came from Afghanistan and they were actually trained here to fly those planes if I remember correctly, so again why did we invade Afghanistan?

Simple, it was a shiny object to distract the American public from reality that we would never hold those that were truly behind the attacks accountable…

Forum List

Back