Conservatives who oppose withdrawing from Afghanistan, what would you do?

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Kazmania
Part we agree on: I agree that the Taliban enabled Al Qaeda who attacked the United States. And that means I totally support our attacking and destroying the Taliban and paying them back many times over for what they did to us. And I had no problem with our military staying involved and keeping them down by bombing and whatever else we wanted to do to them for as long as we need to keep them from being a threat and as a warning others what we will do to them.

What I don't agree with: Nation building in Afghanistan. It's a tribal country. Russia failed to control it. Britain failed four times. We had no chance. We should not have invaded and tried to build a government there. To maintain the government, we will have to stay for centuries. That is insane. W was a moron and really screwed us by putting us in an impossible situation where we could never leave.

It's really unfortunate that we sent so many Americans who fought and died for our country. My niece was in the military there and her husband did at least five tours that I remember. Now we pull out and it falls negating their sacrifice and the price we and they paid. I feel genuinely bad about that.

But what choice do we have? We have been there for almost 20 years and they aren't remotely able to support themselves. They won't be in our lifetimes. They won't be in our children's lifetimes.

What should we have done? What is the solution other than leaving? I can't believe Bush went in without realizing this is how at one point or another it would end.

I don't oppose withdrawing. Frankly, they're not worth the effort.

We have not entered combat with the intention of winning since WWII. If we were going to engage at all, we should have gone in full force and killed every one of the bastards as an example.

Now they and others are encouraged. There's going to be trouble.

Part we agree on: I agree that the Taliban enabled Al Qaeda who attacked the United States. And that means I totally support our attacking and destroying the Taliban and paying them back many times over for what they did to us. And I had no problem with our military staying involved and keeping them down by bombing and whatever else we wanted to do to them for as long as we need to keep them from being a threat and as a warning others what we will do to them.

What I don't agree with: Nation building in Afghanistan. It's a tribal country. Russia failed to control it. Britain failed four times. We had no chance. We should not have invaded and tried to build a government there. To maintain the government, we will have to stay for centuries. That is insane. W was a moron and really screwed us by putting us in an impossible situation where we could never leave.

It's really unfortunate that we sent so many Americans who fought and died for our country. My niece was in the military there and her husband did at least five tours that I remember. Now we pull out and it falls negating their sacrifice and the price we and they paid. I feel genuinely bad about that.

But what choice do we have? We have been there for almost 20 years and they aren't remotely able to support themselves. They won't be in our lifetimes. They won't be in our children's lifetimes.

What should we have done? What is the solution other than leaving? I can't believe Bush went in without realizing this is how at one point or another it would end.

Part we agree on: I agree that the Taliban enabled Al Qaeda who attacked the United States.

I don't agree with that....In fact, the Taliban asked that Chimpy McShrub prove to them that OSB was behind the attack, and they'd turn him over themselves.....He refused and attacked.

Part we agree on: I agree that the Taliban enabled Al Qaeda who attacked the United States.

I don't agree with that....In fact, the Taliban asked that Chimpy McShrub prove to them that OSB was behind the attack, and they'd turn him over themselves.....He refused and attacked.

You're not a conservative. I am not saying you can't comment, of course you can. I'm just pointing out I said I agree with CONSERVATIVES on that.

But Al Qaeda was freely operating in Afghanistan. They were certainly enabling them. If they had turned over OSB that would be a lot better argument than that they said if we convinced them then they would. Liars always say things like that. Have you read all the crap Hitler said? Offering and not doing is irrelevant

I was against Obama's troop surge. The taliban are going to butcher those poor people, but if the Saudis and Paks don't mind, there's not shit we could have done but delay the inevitable, while letting our guys get truly fokced. Monitor their savage asses, and drop the hammer if they ever allow intl terrorist training again.

And get the guys who helped us OUT.

Taliban enabled Al Qaeda??..if that's the justification for an endless war why didn't we start it in Saudi Arabia, considering the Al Qaeda members who brought the Towers down were Saudis.

Last edited:
Afghanistan has always been a scam. Twenty years we have been falling for this "if we don't fight em there!" BULLSHIT.

Only to see them change the script to

"Our greatest threat are domestic terrorists...white nationalists"

BULLSHIT

When are you MFers gonna see they used the Muslims to create laws, agencies, and infrastructure that is gonna end up killing YOU! Throwing YOU in prison for 'wrong think', 'wrong speak'.
Your government does not care about you. Wake up.

All that should matter to conservatives is that their leader Trump wanted out. End of story. Bigly!!!

Taliban enabled Al Qaeda??..if that's the justification for an endless war why didn't we start in it in Saudi Arabia, considering the Al Qaeda members who brought the Towers down were Saudis.

A lot of us did think and say that. Saudi Arabia still teaches their kids in their schools that the US is the great Satan. Fuck em.

Personally I would pull our military entirely out of the middle east. Let them create their own hell and rot in it

We should had nuked them pillar to post.

Should had nuked Iraq too, then went in to take the oil.

Instead Bush the globalist went in for nation building and trying to create a “democracy” which Muslims have no interest in. Nope, thump them with a big stick, take their wealth, and that is how they learn to not fuck with us.

All that should matter to conservatives is that their leader Trump wanted out. End of story. Bigly!!!

Trump was a minor player in Afghanistan compared to W and Obama. Seriously, Trump is out. It's time for you to get treatment for your TDS since to you the world still revolves around Trump

Taliban enabled Al Qaeda??..if that's the justification for an endless war why didn't we start in it in Saudi Arabia, considering the Al Qaeda members who brought the Towers down were Saudis.
Because Bush was a coward, as the rest of the GOP and Dems.

We should had nuked them pillar to post.

Should had nuked Iraq too, then went in to take the oil.

Instead Bush the globalist went in for nation building and trying to create a “democracy” which Muslims have no interest in. Nope, thump them with a big stick, take their wealth, and that is how they learn to not fuck with us.

Yeah, the US nuking countries would certainly be in our interest. Thanks for that contribution.

We agree W sucked though. Obama made it worse, but W got us in that unwinnable situation

Forum List

Back