Conservatives who oppose withdrawing from Afghanistan, what would you do?

As long as our two political party's can keep us pumped with hate for each other, then our useless politician's never have to get off there butts and spend the hours needed to to look for actual solutions to our problems.
They can continue to use their time to run for reelection to keep their jobs. Continue to stir the pot & blame the other party is the game.

Taliban enabled Al Qaeda??..if that's the justification for an endless war why didn't we start it in Saudi Arabia, considering the Al Qaeda members who brought the Towers down were Saudis.
why were saudi's training in Afghanistan?

I am all for leaving. But why did the idiots in DC allow all of that military hardware to just fall into the hands of the taliban?

Why aren't helldire missiles raining down destroying all of the aircraft and armored vehicles?

Fucking stupid.

Biden is immoral and incompetent as well

Yeah, the US nuking countries would certainly be in our interest. Thanks for that contribution.

We agree W sucked though. Obama made it worse, but W got us in that unwinnable situation
How would you have reacted to 911?

Excellent post.

When Afghanistan refused to give up Al-Qaeda, we should have just bombed the holy fuck out of them until they did - or until the country was reduced to smoldering ruins, whichever came first. No invasion, no occupation, just a devastating retaliation for the 9/11 attacks. And yes, many "innocent" people would have died. That's the price that "innocent" people pay for letting terrorists camp in their backyard.

But that's not what we did. We moved in. And the current shitshow was a foregone conclusion from that point forward. I was just a matter of time.

Yep, I agree

Well......a good case was made for the 3,500 troops plus intelligence and helping them with their air support........that could have been maintained for decades.

Probably true, but why would we want to do that?

How would you have reacted to 911?

I would have bombed the shit out of the Taliban until they gave up Bin Ladin and they were no longer a threat. I'm still good with bombing whatever we need to so they remain not a threat. But I never would have invaded and tried nation building, it obviously was not going to work. Ask the Russians and the Brits (ask the Brits four times)

Probably true, but why would we want to do that?

I don't know.......keep China and Russia out, mabybe? Or to have some strike capability against the new terrorist cells......as well as being closer to Iran for inserting spies and such across the border....

I don't know.......keep China and Russia out, mabybe? Or to have some strike capability against the new terrorist cells......as well as being closer to Iran for inserting spies and such across the border....

The Middle East is an unending hell that sucks us in. I think we should leave and unfetter US energy at home

I was against Obama's troop surge. The taliban are going to butcher those poor people, but if the Saudis and Paks don't mind, there's not shit we could have done but delay the inevitable, while letting our guys get truly fokced. Monitor their savage asses, and drop the hammer if they ever allow intl terrorist training again.

And get the guys who helped us OUT.
Oh that isn't true---we should have had a policy of total annihilation of our enemies, their families, and their clerics. Muslims even muslims terrorists are basically cowards---when they get back hard, they coward.

The OP raises a moot point.

Nobody cares........at this point, its about the optics only. Hardly anybody in the public is on message boards. Even those on the street without a pulse get it.......

Go check RCP today........not one swinging dick defending this bobblehead president. Even I was surprised. :deal: Blaming Trump made it look even more ghey.

Expect a huge FF soon.......you'll know it instantly.

Part we agree on: I agree that the Taliban enabled Al Qaeda who attacked the United States.

I don't agree with that....In fact, the Taliban asked that Chimpy McShrub prove to them that OSB was behind the attack, and they'd turn him over themselves.....He refused and attacked.
The offered to surrender and turn bin Laden over to the World Court for trial.
Bush refused.

The OP raises a moot point.

Nobody cares........at this point, its about the optics only. Hardly anybody in the public is on message boards. Even those on the street without a pulse get it.......

Go check RCP today........not one swinging dick defending this bobblehead president. Even I was surprised. :deal: Blaming Trump made it look even more ghey.

Expect a huge FF soon.......you'll know it instantly.

You're full of shit. There are conservatives who think we should stay. Read the thread, dumb ass

The offered to surrender and turn bin Laden over to the World Court for trial.
Bush refused.
No. They didn't. They said they were willing to discuss it, "if" they were provided with evidence to suit them and "if" the US agreed to stop bombing, "if" the US agreed to Bin Laden being handed over to a third party outside US influence, etc, etc, etc ...

Quite rightly, Bush told them to piss off.

I would have bombed the shit out of the Taliban until they gave up Bin Ladin and they were no longer a threat. I'm still good with bombing whatever we need to so they remain not a threat. But I never would have invaded and tried nation building, it obviously was not going to work. Ask the Russians and the Brits (ask the Brits four times)
you still would have put americans in harm's way. W didn't do anything you wouldn't have done. He still didn't get in and get out and that's it.

you still would have put americans in harm's way. W didn't do anything you wouldn't have done. He still didn't get in and get out and that's it.

Of course W did things I never would have done. He went nation building. I wouldn't have done that

Forum List

Back