Congress needs to pass a law removing the protections of privacy for minors & dr client privacy protections.

everything youve brought up is a failure of adults and the system and your solution is to take away privacy rights for 100 million children,,,
My solution is to TRY to intervene in those children's lives BEFORE they make decisions that will alter the trajectory of their life and the lives of others forever.
Allowing the kids to go down a path of complete destruction because a handful of adults failed them is not an answer
We used to have a mechanism for doing just that in the United States, it was called the "family!" :wink:
Robot Check

Read that and get back to me.
No, I don't go to amazon for any reason, and I don't need to, I'm a subject matter expert(sme).... :wink:
Then get it or read it elsewhere. A conservative think tank helped him with the research and there are some great points in the book.

Or

Remain close minded on the subject
nothing closed minded about not giving government more power and the people less freedom,,,
Dead kids deserve freedom too no? At least thats the conservative mantra when it comes to unborn children.
Whats the difference in protecting them from a mothers private choice and a child's private criminal behavior?
again,,all thats a failure of adults and the system,,,more laws wont change a thing,,,
I beg to differ. Intervention could have saved me as a youth but no one tried.
Ignoring problem children is as bad as locking them away with no resources to actually help them. Then we wonder why we have so many adults that don't consider prison a threat or life valuable.

everything youve brought up is a failure of adults and the system and your solution is to take away privacy rights for 100 million children,,,
My solution is to TRY to intervene in those children's lives BEFORE they make decisions that will alter the trajectory of their life and the lives of others forever.
Allowing the kids to go down a path of complete destruction because a handful of adults failed them is not an answer
We used to have a mechanism for doing just that in the United States, it was called the "family!" :wink:
Robot Check

No, I don't go to amazon for any reason, and I don't need to, I'm a subject matter expert(sme).... :wink:
Then get it or read it elsewhere. A conservative think tank helped him with the research and there are some great points in the book.

Or

nothing closed minded about not giving government more power and the people less freedom,,,
Dead kids deserve freedom too no? At least thats the conservative mantra when it comes to unborn children.
Whats the difference in protecting them from a mothers private choice and a child's private criminal behavior?
again,,all thats a failure of adults and the system,,,more laws wont change a thing,,,
Ignoring problem children is as bad as locking them away with no resources to actually help them. Then we wonder why we have so many adults that don't consider prison a threat or life valuable.
and your solution is more government power,,,sorry not for me,,,

would be better if you reached out as a small business owner and looked for young people to mentor,,,
positive change comes from within not from the government,,,

Robot Check

Or

and your solution is more government power,,,sorry not for me,,,

would be better if you reached out as a small business owner and looked for young people to mentor,,,
positive change comes from within not from the government,,,
I already did all that bro. I even toured inner city schools after release because I was still so young. I would IN A HEARTBEAT take in a child as a foster parent to mentor them but because of my past I can not.

But this isn't about me or you. It's about our kids and the increasing epidemic of violence they witness/endure/engage in.

If we don't step in while they are still impressionable what's to stop them from becoming the next Jeffrey Dahmer or worse?

The attitude that "I've done a good job with my kids so screw the rest" doesn't protect anyone. It's bubble logic.

How many school shootings, weekend shootings in the ghettos etc could be prevented if school, police or medical professionals could make the public aware of the lethal dangers that are walking among our children.
Minors should not get a free pass to keep their criminal behavior private.

The last shooter in Florida, forget his name, had numerous run ins with police and school officials but because of privacy laws the public had no idea a monster walked among their children.

Changing things like this would do far more than any of the gun law bullshit the left always parrots.
What are you going to do with the millions of kids who really do have problems? Will throwing them away fix anything?
Millions? I think thats a stretch don't you? I mean stealing a candy bar is a bit different than monstrous thoughts of dehumanizing behavior right?

Do we want to at least ATTEMPT to help these kids or just wait and bitch when they start taking lives or raping others?
Not at all. There are 30,000,000 elementary school children, so 1 million is 3 percent. Bye the way, who put you in charge of determining what children need to be thrown away? What if some teacher determines your children need to be tossed because you had them vaccinated and now they are autistic

Robot Check

Or

Again what if your children (the ones you aborted) were determined to be criminal because they blabbered like you?

Robot Check

Or

Again what if your children (the ones you aborted) were determined to be criminal because they blabbered like you?
You're talking irrational babble, we're done here.

Robot Check

Or

You're talking irrational babble, we're done here.
My numbers were accurate and I proved you the fool so now you run away.

Don't feel bad, no one wins

Instead of eroding juvenile privacy rights, something tbat I think could be very easily abused...why not strengthen the mental health system in this country.

Instead of eroding juvenile privacy rights, something tbat I think could be very easily abused...why not strengthen the mental health system in this country.
Need both. Definitely need better mental health support. At the same time, after the second time, they proved they did not learn from the first time, and then more important to protect society from known threat, than to help the kid hide in anonymity, below the surface.

I completely agree about the mental health aspect. Thing is if all the appropriate authorities aren't clued into the dangerous behavior then who prompts the mental health diagnosis? Mom? Dad? The ones who already dropped the ball?
The school who is prohibited from sharing due to privacy laws? The police who only have the power to detain and even then its limited?

Between the ages of 13 and 15 I was detained/questioned/sent to the principal more times than I can possibly count. Each time my grandmother came to the rescue with the proverbial "he's a good kid or bail money"

What did I learn?

Had they all been able to openly communicate about me as a team my life may have gone down a completely different path.

But....you know, I was a "good kid"

Need both. Definitely need better mental health support. At the same time, after the second time, they proved they did not learn from the first time, and then more important to protect society from known threat, than to help the kid hide in anonymity, below the surface.
I understand what you and grampa are saying...but a couple things to consider.

Most seemingly violent ideation doesnt become reality...and trying to determine who will and who wont is still largely a crapshoot except in hindsight.

When Gramps refers to the ability to come together as a team to help kids before it becomes something terrible, I can understand that. I just dont kniw how you can do that while still protecting the data from those who do not need to know. Also psychiatrisys, psychologosys. therapisys have very strict confidentiality rules. If this were breached...would that make peoe more reluctant to get help?

I understand what you and grampa are saying...but a couple things to consider.

Most seemingly violent ideation doesnt become reality...and trying to determine who will and who wont is still largely a crapshoot except in hindsight.

When Gramps refers to the ability to come together as a team to help kids before it becomes something terrible, I can understand that. I just dont kniw how you can do that while still protecting the data from those who do not need to know. Also psychiatrisys, psychologosys. therapisys have very strict confidentiality rules. If this were breached...would that make peoe more reluctant to get help?
Understand, but I am referring more to just arrest and trial reports, naming names, charges, pictures available on mugshots, etc. If you keep seeing the same names, you had best watch if they live in your in your vicinity, as forewarned and all that. These days kids are committing offenses at a far higher rate than when I was growing up in the 60s, and it was not nearly as censored back then, and we bend over backward to make sure they are not scarred for life by a brush with the law, but sometimes we go too far that direction for the good of society and the kid.

if mental health wasnt a stated part of the communist manifesto I would agree with you,,,

what we need is more personal responsibility in adults mainly in parents and punish them if their kids get out of line like it use to be before this became a problem,,,

if mental health wasnt a stated part of the communist manifesto I would agree with you,,,

what we need is more personal responsibility in adults mainly in parents and punish them if their kids get out of line like it use to be before this became a problem,,,
what the hell...mental health is part of the "communist manifesto"?

Mental illness is a disease like any other. you dont punish people out of diabetes afterall.

Mental illness is a disease like any other. you dont punish people out of diabetes afterall.
both can be correct,,,

the communist manifesto directly talks about using the mental health system to achieve their goals,,,

like I said it comes back to personal responsibility and punishing the parents for failing their children,,,

both can be correct,,,

the communist manifesto directly talks about using the mental health system to achieve their goals,,,

like I said it comes back to personal responsibility and punishing the parents for failing their children,,,
I disagree. It isnt always about parents failing.

both can be correct,,,

I disagree. It isnt always about parents failing.
99.9% of the time it is,,,

By doing what? And who gets to decide if your children get tossed to the curb, understanding that the majority do not approve of your life style
Not sure what you nean here...what does this have to do with lifestyle?

Forum List

Back