Congress needs to pass a law removing the protections of privacy for minors & dr client privacy protections.

Instead of eroding juvenile privacy rights, something tbat I think could be very easily abused...why not strengthen the mental health system in this country.
Need both. Definitely need better mental health support. At the same time, after the second time, they proved they did not learn from the first time, and then more important to protect society from known threat, than to help the kid hide in anonymity, below the surface.
I understand what you and grampa are saying...but a couple things to consider.

Most seemingly violent ideation doesnt become reality...and trying to determine who will and who wont is still largely a crapshoot except in hindsight.

When Gramps refers to the ability to come together as a team to help kids before it becomes something terrible, I can understand that. I just dont kniw how you can do that while still protecting the data from those who do not need to know. Also psychiatrisys, psychologosys. therapisys have very strict confidentiality rules. If this were breached...would that make peoe more reluctant to get help?
Understand, but I am referring more to just arrest and trial reports, naming names, charges, pictures available on mugshots, etc. If you keep seeing the same names, you had best watch if they live in your in your vicinity, as forewarned and all that. These days kids are committing offenses at a far higher rate than when I was growing up in the 60s, and it was not nearly as censored back then, and we bend over backward to make sure they are not scarred for life by a brush with the law, but sometimes we go too far that direction for the good of society and the kid.

Ya...but...are they really?

I think there are other factors involved here. One is a much higher rate of juvenile arrest and incarceration than when we were kids. I'd have to check to make sure that is correct, it's something I remember reading about. The other things is this is now the age of information - everything everywhere is in our news, so we are more likely to hear about crime elsewhere.

Instead of eroding juvenile privacy rights, something tbat I think could be very easily abused...why not strengthen the mental health system in this country.
if mental health wasnt a stated part of the communist manifesto I would agree with you,,,

what we need is more personal responsibility in adults mainly in parents and punish them if their kids get out of line like it use to be before this became a problem,,,
what the hell...mental health is part of the "communist manifesto"?

Mental illness is a disease like any other. you dont punish people out of diabetes afterall.
both can be correct,,,

the communist manifesto directly talks about using the mental health system to achieve their goals,,,

like I said it comes back to personal responsibility and punishing the parents for failing their children,,,
I disagree. It isnt always about parents failing.
99.9% of the time it is,,,

I would disagree. For example, in some of these mass shooting events, parents tried and failed to get help for their kids. In in many jurisdictions, if a kid is over 14, they can not be involuntarily committed via the parents consent alone.

if mental health wasnt a stated part of the communist manifesto I would agree with you,,,

what we need is more personal responsibility in adults mainly in parents and punish them if their kids get out of line like it use to be before this became a problem,,,
what the hell...mental health is part of the "communist manifesto"?

Mental illness is a disease like any other. you dont punish people out of diabetes afterall.
both can be correct,,,

the communist manifesto directly talks about using the mental health system to achieve their goals,,,

like I said it comes back to personal responsibility and punishing the parents for failing their children,,,
I disagree. It isnt always about parents failing.
99.9% of the time it is,,,

I would disagree. For example, in some of these mass shooting events, parents tried and failed to get help for their kids. In in many jurisdictions, if a kid is over 14, they can not be involuntarily committed via the parents consent alone.
if at 14 they need to be the parents already failed,,,

By doing what? And who gets to decide if your children get tossed to the curb, understanding that the majority do not approve of your life style
Not sure what you nean here...what does this have to do with lifestyle?
How many children do you have?

Need both. Definitely need better mental health support. At the same time, after the second time, they proved they did not learn from the first time, and then more important to protect society from known threat, than to help the kid hide in anonymity, below the surface.
I understand what you and grampa are saying...but a couple things to consider.

Most seemingly violent ideation doesnt become reality...and trying to determine who will and who wont is still largely a crapshoot except in hindsight.

When Gramps refers to the ability to come together as a team to help kids before it becomes something terrible, I can understand that. I just dont kniw how you can do that while still protecting the data from those who do not need to know. Also psychiatrisys, psychologosys. therapisys have very strict confidentiality rules. If this were breached...would that make peoe more reluctant to get help?
Understand, but I am referring more to just arrest and trial reports, naming names, charges, pictures available on mugshots, etc. If you keep seeing the same names, you had best watch if they live in your in your vicinity, as forewarned and all that. These days kids are committing offenses at a far higher rate than when I was growing up in the 60s, and it was not nearly as censored back then, and we bend over backward to make sure they are not scarred for life by a brush with the law, but sometimes we go too far that direction for the good of society and the kid.

Ya...but...are they really?

I think there are other factors involved here. One is a much higher rate of juvenile arrest and incarceration than when we were kids. I'd have to check to make sure that is correct, it's something I remember reading about. The other things is this is now the age of information - everything everywhere is in our news, so we are more likely to hear about crime elsewhere.
That is a chicken or the egg thing. What if they are arresting more now, because our fathers would have beat the crap out of us with a belt if we started down that road, so we didn't commit many crimes More arrested now, probably because they are committing more crimes now, but just as stupid as the old days, so they get caught.

Forum List

Back